Weather

Oldbased

> Than U
In Bowling Green, KY. It was supposed to have rained from 2am till 7am then change to sleet and then snow. Instead it started icing/sleeting at 11pm and reports all over town of people flipping off bridges and shit. Thank god I bought a extra Mr Heater Buddy last week and like 20 propane cylinders. Our final outcome from this is claimed to be .3 a inch of ice and 8-12 inches snow. Be interesting to see what it does add up too since the temps are not supposed to go below 29 or higher than 32.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Before they were thinking it wouldn't start until 4-8pm for most of maryland, that's being moved up and they know by 8pm the heavy stuff will be coming down and last through tomorrow night. So yeah, they want everyone home and off the roads so they can treat and plow all of this crap.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I ordered a propane heater for the top of our grill tank in case power goes out and the fucker didn't get it here in time. All electric house makes me feel like I could die at any time.
Prob around 6 inches in Charleston and not slowing down. State of Emergency from Gov.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I feel the same way. I looked around for propane or other portable gas heaters and every single one of themsays "WARNING-DO NOT use indoors, you'll die" so I figure if it comes to it we'll be heading to a neighbor's house who has a fireplace.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The venting requirements are very small. I may get one with an oxygen depletion sensor and it's probably just as good or better than a vent free fireplace which I had at my old house and loved. I'll risk death to keep pipes from freezing.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
boston is getting maybe 3" with the storm passing -supposedly- to our south, my area is in the 0-2" range... i wouldn't MIND a big storm, i got my snowthrower a new belt for the auger and it tossed snow around the initial storm like a champ (thing is ~10 yrs old -can only go forward currently(i have to pop bottom of the unit and then disassemble/pop the transmission back into position/reassemble(takes about an hr) and i got lazy and have not done it this year)...

saw that bowling green has over 7" of snow so far....

as for a propane heater ...indoors, leave plenty of space...and open a window or two partially to keep air flowing

koljec_sl

shitlord
boston is getting maybe 3" with the storm passing -supposedly- to our south, my area is in the 0-2" range... i wouldn't MIND a big storm, i got my snowthrower a new belt for the auger and it tossed snow around the initial storm like a champ (thing is ~10 yrs old -can only go forward currently(i have to pop bottom of the unit and then disassemble/pop the transmission back into position/reassemble(takes about an hr) and i got lazy and have not done it this year)...
Some of those old snow blowers, like Ariens, are awesome. You can keep them going forever. Some transform into tillers, too.

I test-fired mine yesterday. Expecting 1-2' here. Prolly have to do a couple passes.
rrr_img_123785.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

saw that bowling green has over 7" of snow so far....

as for a propane heater ...indoors, leave plenty of space...and open a window or two partially to keep air flowing
Yeah I thought about that, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

When I lived in Texas all of the houses had these shitty old natural gas/propane heaters attached to the walls that were basically just like lighting your gas stove. It seems lke it should be fine if that was fine, but then again it was Texas so who knows.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Abe don't be surprised if somebody takes a piss in your pool and happens to have a New Jersey accent!
After 38 years of putting up with that snow bullshit in Chicago, I can say I will welcome you with a cold beer! Or should I leave it out in the hot sun a little for you?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Watching cars trying to navigate the interstate here in Charleston WV. It saddens me to see so much stupid

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Im good Big P, have a gallon of milk and 2 loaves of fresh baked sourdough. Its a good day

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Goddam, I'm already bored as shit. It's only been snowing for 3 hours and it's going to be snowing for the next 36.