Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I don't think anyone is going anywhere, lot of people are just shacking up till the water goes down. Everyone on my sisters street has already pulled down the sheetrock and insulation. If only light water they snap a line and get the bottom foot so when the water goes down and they get it cleaned up the house is livable again. Those that flooded up to the roof, not so much.

These aren't like the Katrina people. If you didn't notice Katrina refugees mostly were from the projects. These are the mostly white/more income related. All of south LA flooded in Katrina, but you really only saw people wanting shit at the superdome and didn't have water. They had several days notice and they didn't draw up water? Like even the battub?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe how cool it is in Austin. This is insane. The high last Monday was lower than the low 2 days previous. It's not even going to break 90 all next week, according to the weather reports, and late aug/early sept is by far the hottest days of the year here.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Who really cares if Obama visits Louisiana or not? His physical presence here is irrelevant and is only a fucking political trap. I'd much rather be visited by government agencies that are trained, equipped, and prepared to manage this sort of thing while the President is in Washington, doing his fucking job by managing the country.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Cajun boys will survive. So bad it's funny.

Trump gave $100k to the Greenwell Springs baptist church cause they had a plan in place on what to do with it. Didn't see that in the media much.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Florida may be getting a Cat 1 Hurricane soon and after it crosses Florida it may turn into a major Hurricane and hit Alabama... maybe LA. The Euro model keeps tracking it further west after every model they do.

miJAj6z.png

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thing getting pretty active in the Gulf, and Atlantic. Interesting projection for the East coast in the next 7-10 days. Obviously these change often. So take it with a grain of salt.

Concerning part is all the way up to the Jersey coast, record high water temperatures are being reported. If a Hurricane does make it's way up there storms that would normally weaken, would not with waters being near the mid 80's.

Borzak

The work drive for my sister has gone from 20 minutes each way before the flood to 1-1/2 hours each way now because of the influx of contractors, people hauling off shit, and people driving in to work from out of town every day. The mayor being clueless as ever, he went on a crusade and a fight with the sheriff saying there would be no curfew immediatlely after the storm and schools would open the next day because "you can't put a damper on businesses" lol, good luck with that. He's still in the "nothing has happened, go back to work to keep the tax revenue up".

The hurricane that hit Florida really took a hard turn, for a long time it looked like it was headed for New Orleans but took a massive turn to go up the east coast.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
jagREA3.gif

This might be worse than a landfall because this storm is to cradle the east coast.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
032931W5_NL_sm.gif

Now with updates. Storm is getting closer to the coast. It looks like it is going to uppercut the Eastern Seaboard, starting with Florida as a Category 3.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks like i get to dodge another bullet. i fucking hope so. NJ is not equipped for this shit. sandy fucked the whole NJ/NYC area

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We have some guys here from Orlando that were on the phone trying to get flights home today so they don't get stuck.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
I don't want to say where I'm at exactly. Mandatory Evacuations already announced. Local gas stations are out of gas, hotels west of here for a while are booked up. My sister lives 5 minutes from here, so we are packing up her kids, and the pets and driving west tomorrow.

I live super close to the ocean right where the wave/surge activity is supposed to be the worst, so a little bit spooked about this one. Not because of the wind and rain, but because of the ocean o_O It seriously wouldn't take much. Anyways....today I'm doing mundane stuff like Laundry so at least I have clean clothes for a few days heh.

I'm 100% sure me and mine are going to be safe.....I have no idea about our homes though. Locally at least, this one could be kinda bad. Predicted to be the worst in over half a century here. Even if it stays off the coast, it's going to be close enough that the folks living this close to the ocean are in for a world of hurt.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thats where ike fucked up galveston, its all about the storm surge. Good luck, Leto.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users