Weather

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The A1A is a really nice drive. Strolling around the historic district is a nice way to spend the afternoon too. I didn't even know you could live on Anastasia, I was under the impression the whole thing was a state park but I guess that's just a portion of it. Hope your shit is ok bro. I'd like to go back there one day.
Yea, I drive from Orlando up to Daytona and hit the A1A all the way up to St Aug. Such a beautiful drive, and I can imagine how badly a hurricane would wreck that city. They told us on the tour the shell/sand mixture is a requirement to maintain the historical continuity of the city so you have to use that shit (guess its in the building codes) to look like everything else if you wanna build a business etc. I imagine that stuff doesnt hold up too well vs hurricane force winds.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nobody is going to work or doing shit in this, much less play a football game

AD was an idiot. Now they cancelled the game because he waited too late to accept the offers from various other places to have the game.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the hell?

This is the typical news anchor during storms in Florida (don't forget that they need ratings):
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks like Florida got lucky and it's staying to the east, but still a lot of damage.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, West Palm Beach area got lucky. It stayed more east than projected by the local news (but about where NOAA put it). In Jupiter we had sustained winds of about 60-65 mph with gusts maybe up to 80 during the peak. It's a bad storm for sure, but this morning we only had some tree branches down in the front yard, and I expected that anyway. Rain was only about 1.5 inches, so not much more than a good spring shower here. Hell, we only had power flicker 3 times and never lost internet or cable.

Now comes the BS news reports because they don't have the death and destruction they were all secretly hoping for. For years after the 04 and 05 hurricanes, they kept announcing in June that this year is expected to be the worst season in history and reminded you to watch them 24/7 so they could tell you if anything was happening. After nothing of several years of that, they finally gave up. Now in our area, they are in the self-gratification, media masturbation they all do when there are no good news stories. Right now the top story in the news is that they are still reporting the news... Earlier they had 'breaking news' and it was just them browsing the sheriff's Facebook page showing posts with pictures of down tree branches. Facebook should NEVER be 'Breaking News'.

There was a lot of misinformation the media put out this storm that made the situation seem worse than it was. Little things like when the county officials say the are going to 'lock down the drawbridges at noon', the media was reporting that that meant if you weren't off the island by noon, you were stuck and going to die. When in reality, the county official right after that statement explained that it meant 'the bridges would be locking in the down position and not raised for boats to pass. There shouldn't be boats on the water at that point, the bridges can't take high winds in the up position, and they wanted to make sure road traffic could get across the bridge at anytime to evacuate if needed'. Two very different statements, and the media wants you to panic and believe that county officials are trying to kill citizens.

Good luck to anyone still in it's path. It's a serious storm and if it lands on you, it will be bad. Hopefully it will stay offshore for the entire coast and fizzles out when it runs into Nicole.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed Sandy. Because fuck people from Jersey and New York, all the ones I've met are just asshats.

Leto Eu`Acumen

Peasant
According to the information I'm looking at, almost the entirety of Anastasia Island is going to be under water. A lot of people live there.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, it looks like St Augustine and Jacksonville are going to get the brunt of it. Sorry to hear it man, stay safe and good luck.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If the storm surge reaches the predictions in northern east coast of FLA and Georgia, the flooding is going to be legendary. I also hope that Cape Canaveral doesn't suffer much damage, the space program must stay on target!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
good luck ya'll down there- stay safe. my mom is in the palm beach area-though i have not talked to her in ages (20 years or so)(we are not close -after parents divorced when i was ~9 i stayed- once i could say where i wanted to be@13yrs old- with my dad)

so far no landfall...been almost 11 years since a cat 3 or higher hit the USA... we could miss another one...great- love all the hype about historic, etc.. ..its been a while but this storm is no where near being "historic"..

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Didn't get shit here in Kissimmee. 35ish mph winds and some rain, nothing even remotely notable. That said, I got a paid day off so I ain't complaining.