Weather

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The thing about " global warming "and snow.... ~6 year ago all the "experts" were saying.... Less/no snow, then we got a lot of snowfor a few years ww then "experts" said no global warming = more snow/extreme weather... And we have gotten LESS extreme weather, and pretty much winter as usual, some years more some less, then we got the " polar vortex" and colder weather...

I have come to the conclusion... The experts are idiots... And most cannot do basic statistics... Since a lot of papers about climate change do not use statistics right...

Enough about that.... Damn snow banks are so high my blower is having trouble clearing it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
DC tied it's record high yesterday of 68 and overall the winter has been lackluster on the snow front. It doesn't just disappear though, it gets pushed further north. So instead of a 70/30 split between Boston/DC it's 90/10.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
As a NVA resident and President of his Condo Association...fuck ya! Less to spend on snow removal.

As a DC Federal worker...fuck no! Less snow days.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Well for the 6th day in the past 2 & a half weeks.. No school tomorrow for my kids.... 2 weeks ago no school tues wed, last week no school wed Thu this week Mon tues.....I got pics of my driveway I will link later...

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It rained a little today. I was going to mow the curb where the weeds have been slowly inching up since mid January. Pics of my driveway would just show wet, warm concrete.

Malakriss

The new lies are up, disappointment factor to 9.

edit: that escalated quickly, pushing to factor 10.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Boston is having the same amount of snow we had last year. We didn't make headlines every time a flake landed. Fucking sack up and decide it's normal to have a lot of snow if you live in the north and it is winter. Doesn't happen every year.

sheesh. Go outside with a sled and find a hill. Have fun.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
High of 14 degrees F on Sunday here in PA with 40 mph winds sustained and 60 mph gusts. I'm going to have to take steps to make sure my pipes don't freeze.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Boston is having the same amount of snow we had last year. We didn't make headlines every time a flake landed. Fucking sack up and decide it's normal to have a lot of snow if you live in the north and it is winter. Doesn't happen every year.

sheesh. Go outside with a sled and find a hill. Have fun.
We've gotten all the snow you get in a year, in 27 days.

moontayle

Golden Squire
High of 14 degrees F on Sunday here in PA with 40 mph winds sustained and 60 mph gusts. I'm going to have to take steps to make sure my pipes don't freeze.
Not supposed to get above zero up here in Buffalo. Apparently '82 was worse but it's damn close. Oh, and it's snowing right now. The walkway to my house is bordered by three foot high snow walls and the snowbank by the street is almost as tall as I am (just over 6').

As Archer would say:

G2pfsPQ.jpg

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The amount of snow is "normal" the issue is... We got 4 months worth of snow in three weeks... Another 12+" coming tonight and tomorrow which will put us over 7 feet of snow since January 23 rd

Malakriss

Might see a flurry down here today. Tue/Wed already downgraded to 1-3" although next weekend they're lying to us again.

Legaeveth

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm out here in Utah with the Wasatch mountains it's 65 here today and I think it's snowed twice for a couple inches all winter long. The rest of the time it's been warm and the snow is retreating up the mountains to higher and higher elevations. If it continues like it has the snow should be gone by April where as it usually lasts until 4th of July.

Oldbased

> Than U
Fuck my life upside down. In KY they had been saying 1-3 inches sunday night which for here is major believe it or not now updated to 10-14 inches. Temps sub freezing all week with wind chills sub zero and wed a low of -4 which I don't think it has reached in about 20 years.
To top that my heat is not keeping up as it is, it is 56 inside right now with it 8 outside.
Guess I'm off to buy a kerosene heater and about 20 gallons of fuel in a few hours and enough vape juice to survive a week. They calling for snow and ice randomly throughout the week too. This town will shut down.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the hell kind of heat do you have? Only getting to 56 is a might as well not be on at all status.

Oldbased

> Than U
What the hell kind of heat do you have? Only getting to 56 is a might as well not be on at all status.
Not on would be same temp as outside. We have shitty single pane windows with no insulation in walls and barely any in attic.
Rental property and it's a nice house in perfect location 3 bedroom 2 bath with converted garage and I pay below area average for it( by about $200 ). Cools easy and well in summer but doesn't heat for shit in winter.
I replaced doors this last year and this year they going to let me do half the windows.
Wouldn't have been so cold inside except the 40 mph winds yesterday as it dove down to ~ 10 degrees. Might as well had windows open.

Oldbased

> Than U
What kind of heat is it though?

I had my gas run out in the middle of a bad winter cold snap one time while away for the weekend and it only dropped into the forties inside so not necessarily going to be same as outside temp. Of course with your insulation and window issues who knows.

LiveLeak.com - Don't worry, Snow Clearing Team are here!
Haha I saw that video. Electric heat and gas fireplace.
Odd thing here is as long as it is above ~25 it stays 70 in house, 20 if no wind, drops down to 10 the house plunges hard. It's got some bad drafts some of which I have fixed but others I didn't get around to before winter came.
This year I will fix the remaining ones( like the venting no longer used in kitchen for stove now a self vent, and the broken hvac under house. I know its broken as last night it felt like the AC was on when it was off, blowing in hard ).
Never think to fix those when its 70 inside.
-9 now for Wednesday though which will beat the all time low of -6 here since 1899. Going to get a kerosene heater regardless. Losing power is a possibility this week.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the the long nights when the sun hides for years, and children are born and live and die, all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little lord; when the white walkers move through the woods. Thousands of years ago there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts, and women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept and felt their tears freeze on their cheeks. So is this the sort of story that you like? In that darkness the white walkers came for the first time. They swept through cities and kingdoms, riding their dead horses, hunting with their packs of pale spiders big as hounds..."

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm out here in Utah with the Wasatch mountains it's 65 here today and I think it's snowed twice for a couple inches all winter long. The rest of the time it's been warm and the snow is retreating up the mountains to higher and higher elevations. If it continues like it has the snow should be gone by April where as it usually lasts until 4th of July.
Well that shit better turn around. I have a ski trip planned next month in the Alta/Solitude/Brighton area.