Weight Loss Thread

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Jump back into the evercrack and watch your interest in food die for a few weeks.
Moon - He's having circulation issues. I dont think encouraging him to be a vegetable hooked up to a computer for a few weeks is the direction we should go with this. lol

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Moon - He's having circulation issues. I dont think encouraging him to be a vegetable hooked up to a computer for a few weeks is the direction we should go with this. lol
A few good trains and all the KSing you can eat will get the blood pumping.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've never been convinced by full time keto, I don't think it's natural for most people, unless you're from an eskimo tribe or something. Sure low carb, like around 50-100 g a day, from actual fruits only and not refined shit. But going actual keto long term when healthy, I'm skeptical, and I think all studies show that mediterranean diet is just better all around.
I purely look at Keto from a weight loss perspective. Keto itself, even Paleo, I think, are quite unhealthy. Pork Rinds for example, can be eaten on the Keto and Paleo diet. That should be a red flag to anyone, lol. Theyre just a means to an end. But Keto into a controlled, proper caloric diet, is a very easy transition and ease usually means success.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Jump back into the evercrack and watch your interest in food die for a few weeks.

My man, I’ve been camping the name reservation screen since 5am this morning. If I want to go full nostalgia, I could stock up on hot fudge sundae pop tarts. Was my EQ grazing food of choice back in the day. And also why I’m fat, lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Just general advice for anyone -
Easiest way to keep track of it is meal planning, which is going to be monotonous and boring. But, it works and its why so many of us do it.

Everyone asks why I eat grilled chicken for lunch every single day. Why? The same reason I eat a yogurt, 5oz of cantaloupe and a hard boiled egg for breakfast every day. Because lunch is 438 calories and 50g of protein. Breakfast is 198 and 19, which leaves me 2073 to play around with for the rest of the day and stay the same size. This means I literally eat whatever the fuck I want for dinner, drink a protein shake before bed to make up the difference if I need to, and I literally don't have to worry about food anymore. I do not understand people who say the shit is difficult or takes too much time. Just be consistent with 2 meals a day and eat whatever the fuck you want for dinner. My one vice is cherry Pepsi. I want every night, it's all I look forward to all day. How many people you know drink cherry Pepsi and eat pumpkin pie and lose weight? I'm guessing that number is small, but I get to do whatever the fuck I want for dinner because I am regimented all day, and literally all that amounts to is cutting up a cantaloupe and grilling 5-6lbs of chicken a week. It's an hour, and gives me the freedom to eat half a pizza for dinner.

Best choice ever.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There are a couple things that make it difficult for some people.

Self control is one. Especially when eating is an emotional thing, staying regimented even for just one or two meals a day is super hard.

Another thing is that "eating whatever the fuck you want for dinner" can mean dramatically different things to different people. If I ate what I want to eat, I'd eat a day and a half's worth of calories in a single meal, easily. So for someone like me, it's important to maintain that discipline throughout the day, because it's so easy to go off the rails.

I'm not making excuses. It's definitely doable and just requires willpower and planning. However, those two things come easier to some than others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Everyone asks why I eat grilled chicken for lunch every single day. Why? The same reason I eat a yogurt, 5oz of cantaloupe and a hard boiled egg for breakfast every day. Because lunch is 438 calories and 50g of protein. Breakfast is 198 and 19, which leaves me 2073 to play around with for the rest of the day and stay the same size. This means I literally eat whatever the fuck I want for dinner, drink a protein shake before bed to make up the difference if I need to, and I literally don't have to worry about food anymore. I do not understand people who say the shit is difficult or takes too much time. Just be consistent with 2 meals a day and eat whatever the fuck you want for dinner. My one vice is cherry Pepsi. I want every night, it's all I look forward to all day. How many people you know drink cherry Pepsi and eat pumpkin pie and lose weight? I'm guessing that number is small, but I get to do whatever the fuck I want for dinner because I am regimented all day, and literally all that amounts to is cutting up a cantaloupe and grilling 5-6lbs of chicken a week. It's an hour, and gives me the freedom to eat half a pizza for dinner.

Best choice ever.
Yup. Worked for me last time, and will work for me again. I wasn't totally rigid on what I ate, but I had a handful of things I would pick up to ultimately add up to 1000-1200 during the work day. Then when I got home I could have a small meal after I worked out. Then water or diet non-caffeinated drinks until bedtime.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
There are a couple things that make it difficult for some people.

Self control is one. Especially when eating is an emotional thing, staying regimented even for just one or two meals a day is super hard.

Another thing is that "eating whatever the fuck you want for dinner" can mean dramatically different things to different people. If I ate what I want to eat, I'd eat a day and a half's worth of calories in a single meal, easily. So for someone like me, it's important to maintain that discipline throughout the day, because it's so easy to go off the rails.

I'm not making excuses. It's definitely doable and just requires willpower and planning. However, those two things come easier to some than others.

I dunno, I'm not really exaggerating.

Last Friday I went to Godfathers and ate a whole taco pizza and half a monkey bread myself for lunch.

Then I polished off the monkey bread before bed!

But you're right, you obviously can't do that every day

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Down to 205 today, lowest since high school. Peak was 280 been a long slow haul since i started in 2018. - Many plateaus and strategy changes. Finally cutting sugar out of the coffee, its last hold on me via (3 cups a day and killed my fasts) and extra walks at lunch broke the 215lb plateaued. New goal is 195.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Down to 205 today, lowest since high school. Peak was 280 been a long slow haul since i started in 2018. - Many plateaus and strategy changes. Finally cutting sugar out of the coffee, its last hold on me via (3 cups a day and killed my fasts) and extra walks at lunch broke the 215lb plateaued. New goal is 195.
Sugar/sweets are a slippery as fuck slope for me. I try to keep it out of the house as much as possible, my wife however has not been on the same page. Think she's finally starting to come around.

• 2Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Sugar/sweets are a slippery as fuck slope for me. I try to keep it out of the house as much as possible, my wife however has not been on the same page. Think she's finally starting to come around.

Heh, one of my buddies has been gaining weight recently, said his wife made a batch of cookies, which he demolished in one night. She was all pissed "don't you have any self control?"

"Yes, I have plenty of self control. FOR 20 MINUTES AT THE GROCERY STORE EVERY WEEK, WHICH IS WHY I DONT BUY COOKIES"

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Heh, one of my buddies has been gaining weight recently, said his wife made a batch of cookies, which he demolished in one night. She was all pissed "don't you have any self control?"

"Yes, I have plenty of self control. FOR 20 MINUTES AT THE GROCERY STORE EVERY WEEK, WHICH IS WHY I DONT BUY COOKIES"
I infamously polished off 2lbs of Sees candy in an evening of gaming.

• 2Like