Weight Loss Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pro-tip: The "healthy" diet they feed people has fruit, whole grains, and starchy vegetables. If they want to lose weight they should cut those things out because our bodies convert them into sugar.

My comment is the cure to this "epidemic" of obesity and the key to permanent weight loss. Their article is a confession that their dietary advice does not work.
weird.. my buddy lost 50lbs eating a diet of fruit, whole grains and starch vegetables..the only thing he moderated was fat intake. He's going to be in a bodybuilding competition next month..

Sample of his diet for a day..

Breakfast 8 oz. Egg whites

1/4 cup of oatmeal rice or a 4 oz. Sweet Potato: You can cut this down and add spinach or a little tomato to your eggs.

Meal 2 shake with a 1/4 cup of oats or an apple

Lunch 6oz.chicken

5oz. Sweet Potato little ketchup or hot sauce

Meal 4 a shake and oats

Gym

Meal 5 or dinner a tomato an onion some spinach 6oz. Chicken tbs hot peppers a lil ketchup

Meal 6

8oz. Eggs some spinach hot peppers and ketchup.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Some people are rail thin eating a diet high in carbs. Some are morbidly obese. It's like sun exposure. Some people will burn up if they go outside without sunscreen for 10 minutes. Others can stay outside all day and never have a problem.

Some people can smoke for 50 years and not develop lung cancer. Are you saying smoking doesn't cause cancer simply because you know a guy who never got it?

The third video I posted explains this very well. There is a range to how sensitive people are to carbohydrates. On a high carb diet some people do well, some people don't. On a low carb diet, everyone does well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pro-tip: The "healthy" diet they feed people has fruit, whole grains, and starchy vegetables. If they want to lose weight they should cut those things out because our bodies convert them into sugar. Our bodies flip out because sugar is a poison and we can only function within a narrow range of blood sugar so it releases a ton of insulin into the blood to control blood sugar. Insulin drives blood sugar into the fat cells and starves your organs as well as interferring with grehlin and leptin, driving hunger and exhaustion.

My comment is the cure to this "epidemic" of obesity and the key to permanent weight loss. Their article is a confession that their dietary advice does not work.

I suspected you were one of those sugarphobes. I'm not watching almost 5 hours of youtube videos. Can you post your argument more succinctly, but not as succinctly as "sugar is a poison"?

Just for comparison, I eat whatever I want, I just make sure I hit my macros relatively well and keep my calories under a certain limit. Lost 70 lbs over 10 years ago, kept it off ever since then. The key is education. Not "eat this, don't eat that", of which your "don't eat sugar!" falls under. I know sugared drinks might lead to diabetes, so I stay away from them. I know eating foods high in sugar will lead to hunger sooner, so I deal with that consequence.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
When you get an hour watch those videos. Yeah, they're long. But that shit is the cutting edge science on obesity research.

Here's the 10 minute version:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
sugar is a poison
I don't even disagree with what is probably the reasonable foundation of your point (Modern American diets are too rich in sugar/corn syrup or more generally simple carbohydrates), but your hyperbole isn't suitable for this community cause we're not uneducated dumbasses and know what poison is.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So cutting edge, I recognize the videos on site! As I said, I know sugar's effect on hunger. I don't care, I monitor my calories, I stop eating when I hit that limit. And I plan ahead to make sure I hit my macros before my calories so I have some wiggle room at the end. i.e. dessert.

Here's why your initial response is just as dumb as that article. You are falling prey to the same assumption the article blatantly makes: that people can't be taught. Don't eat sugar, you're just going to be hungry again! Why? Don't tell me what do, tell me why, and I'll make my own informed decision. If I want the hunger that will come with quick carbs, my choice. If I want the slight risk of type 2 diabetes that comes with 1 sugared drink, that's my choice.

There's fatties in the screenshot thread complaining about not losing weight after one marathon. They probably don't understand it's a slow process and any weight you would have lost in the marathon was covered up by proper hydration.

And yes, 99.9999999% of the population isn't like me. I still think there's a better approach than "don't eat sugar", even if they don't care about the why. With smartphones, track your diet really isn't that hard. If you honestly care about losing weight, I think 5 minutes a day to enter your food is a lot less trouble than some of the janky diets I see you people post.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
A diabetic needs sugar to live.
They need glucose to live and only in a very narrow range. Sugar is a glucose molecule and a fructose molecule chained together.

Our bodies will make glucose from dietary protein. You do not need to eat sugar to live.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
If you honestly care about losing weight, I think 5 minutes a day to enter your food is a lot less trouble than some of the janky diets I see you people post.
I'm down 140 lbs in the last 12 months. The only dietary change I made was eliminating sugar and starch from my diet. That took some figuring out, but it's a lot less work than doing math every day to keep my body working.

Cavemen didn't count calories, brah.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
You don't even know what sugar is. Please stop calling it poison.
Tuco, quit trolling.

sucrose.png

Sucrose is a sugar, the organic compound commonly known as table sugar, cane sugar, beet sugaror,usually,justsugar.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm down 140 lbs in the last 12 months. The only dietary change I made was eliminating sugar and starch from my diet. That took some figuring out, but it's a lot less work than doing math every day to keep my body working.

these people don't count them either.. Brah!http://bodyforlife.com/

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Yeah, one small change! Just sugar and starch, so easy to avoid in our culture. Summarizing your efforts in one sentence does not measure its difficulty. Don't tell me you haven't missed pizza and garlic oil dinners. Do I have to remind you of the retching that horrid bulletproof coffee caused you? You were an extremely fat guy and went on a ketogenic diet, if you didn't lose a lot of weight, I would be quite surprised. You might change your mind when your weight loss is done and you have to come out of ketosis and maintain your weight.

Your second sentence is correlation, come up with a better argument.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, one small change! Just sugar and starch, so easy to avoid in our culture. Summarizing your efforts in one sentence does not measure its difficulty. Don't tell me you haven't missed pizza and garlic oil dinners. Do I have to remind you of the retching that horrid bulletproof coffee caused you? You were an extremely fat guy and went on a ketogenic diet, if you didn't lose a lot of weight, I would be quite surprised. You might change your mind when your weight loss is done and you have to come out of ketosis and maintain your weight.

I don't miss pizza. I'm not saying that to contradict you or make a point. But, since you asked, I have no desire for that stuff anymore. It took about 7 or 8 weeks for my cravings to go away. And another few months before I lost all interest in that stuff. But yeah.

I'm not saying it didn't require effort. But yes, it's a lot easier to do what I'm doing than what you're doing. It's so easy our ancestors did it without knowing for hundreds of thousands of years.

Also, bulletproof coffee and retching? What the fuck are you talking about? Bulletproof coffee is delicious if you add some sugar-free flavoring to it. Straight up isn't bad if you stay under 2 tablespoons of butter.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I don't have a fancy high school education. Explain what this means, brah.

You might change your mind when your weight loss is done and you have to come out of ketosis and maintain your weight.
I'm glad we both agree i'll hit my final weight loss goal. When that happens I won't go off of keto. Keto 4 life, yo.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't miss pizza. I'm not saying that to contradict you or make a point. But, since you asked, I have no desire for that stuff anymore. It took about 7 or 8 weeks for my cravings to go away. And another few months before I lost all interest in that stuff. But yeah.

I'm not saying it didn't require effort. But yes, it's a lot easier to do what I'm doing than what you're doing. It's so easy our ancestors did it without knowing for hundreds of thousands of years.

Also, bulletproof coffee and retching? What the fuck are you talking about? Bulletproof coffee is delicious if you add some sugar-free flavoring to it. Straight up isn't bad if you stay under 2 tablespoons of butter.
Pretty sure I remember you saying the coffee made you retch at first. Then everyone else wondering why you downed half a stick of butter per cup.

Anyway, good for you at beating the cravings. Still not easier than what I do. 5 minutes of tabulation, that's it. I changed my diet 0%. Just ate less of it overall. Unless you're total social hermit, it's much harder to avoid starches and sugars. My way is much more flexible and forgiving.

I'm not touching your cavemen bullshit, knock it off.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm not saying it didn't require effort. But yes, it's a lot easier to do what I'm doing than what you're doing.
This is a very ignorant statement to make. I've tried doing keto and it was a tremendous amount of work; I'd much rather track macros and calories and eat what I want because it's easier for me. Considering Deathwing is a robot, I'm sure it's easier for him, too.

I'm glad cutting carbs and sugar worked well for you, but that doesn't make it the best way for everyone to lose weight. You're like some kind of keto-knight, now.