Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And yes, I've switched back my diet to a slow cutting/maintenance diet. I am gaining a lot of definition again in my upper chest, although the gut is still there.
Wat? From your pics you were easily 25-30% body fat. Honestly, you've reached the stage where doing the exact opposite of what you think should do, would yield you infinitely better results

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wat? From your pics you were easily 25-30% body fat. Honestly, you've reached the stage where doing the exact opposite of what you think should do, would yield you infinitely better results
When you say opposite, do you mean the diet or the volume workout or both?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The New Approach to Training Volume Strengtheory

Here is an article I read a few months back, that kind of got me to switch over from continuing to increase the weight of my dumbbells and instead switch up to increasing the number of reps, and trying to increase the number of sets I do per workout. (back in january I was doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps with the heaviest weight I could successfully do that, increasing the weight whenever I could hit 15x3).

I appear to still be gaining muscle mass / hypertrophy in my arms and shoulders, and yes, my muscle endurance has definitely increased.

I still occasionally (maybe once every other week) do exercises with my heavier adjustable dumbbells (up to 90lbs x 2 for dumbbell deadlifts, but for most of my workouts I'm just continuing to use the standard 40lb hex dumbbell just because of the simplicity/ease of keeping it next to my bed)

And yes, I've switched back my diet to a slow cutting/maintenance diet. I am gaining a lot of definition again in my upper chest, although the gut is still there.
If your pro hormones are actually anabolic it doesn't matter how you train, you'll see results.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
When you say opposite, do you mean the diet or the volume workout or both?
Anything he thinks is a good idea is usually what he should not be doing:

taking steroids = stupid
doing stupid amounts of reps = stupid
Eating at maintenance when he's 25%+ body fat = stupid

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not one to critique people's workout plans and diets and label something as stupid but taking steroids just because you're impatient on muscle gain is just bad for your health. You could be shaving off very real years from your life for absolutely no reason.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I quoted Antarius, so why would anyone else think I was replying to them?
No I mean it's Antarius, it's kind of expected that he's basically going to do something extreme that makes no sense. Fits his whole pattern.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I'm not one to critique people's workout plans and diets and label something as stupid but taking steroids just because you're impatient on muscle gain is just bad for your health. You could be shaving off very real years from your life for absolutely no reason.
You're talking science, we're talking broscience.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What makes you think taking steroids (testosterone) shaves years off your life automatically? What kind of steroids are we talking here? Or are we talking "supplements"? I agree I think it's stupid because I don't think they're needed but I don't think they are nearly as dangerous as people claim they are.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Obviously it depends on how long he takes them. I don't know enough about all this to know if what he's taking is a real-deal steroid or not. But I understand it is somewhat difficult to kick steroid use because you feel like such a limp dick when you're off them. So you go from feeling godlike at the gym to feeling like a pasty nerd so you get back on the cycle. So they're super easy to abuse. I'm sure just taking it for a month or so once in your life won't ruin it but its a slippery slope of possible addiction I don't think people should just do for the sake of sik gainz.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Depends on the dosage. One cycle could absolutely ruin your life if you're retarded.

As for the "limp dick" feeling, typically people do a "cruise" to offset that feeling. Blast and cruise baby.

I should hop on a cycle or 5.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So this is week 4 for me back in the gym after a very long hiatus and the shoulders actually feel really good. Excited to see if I can get back into it heavy.

Only issue I'm having right now is grip strength on deadlifts (It's been a long time and mixed grip puts too much pressure on my supinized hand's shoulder so I'm using double overhand) and squats. Squats just feel fucking gnarly right now. My left hip is so inflexible that my left knee involuntarily moves inward on the downward motion. Taking squats real slow right now as a result. I'm actually benching almost 50lbs more than I'm squatting atm.

Pops

Instead of editing new pictures into my original post, it probably makes more sense to link before and after in a new post:

Before
rrr_img_114979.jpg

Week 1
rrr_img_115159.jpg

Not much noticeable difference in the pictures (despite the first being 258 lbs and the second being 246 lbs), but it's only been a week.

Edit: The wife says she's pretty sure the 10 lbs came from my thighs. Guess I should start including legs in my pictures. Is there a classy (ie I wouldn't blush to show my mother) way to do that?
You ever try a ketogenic diet Dandai? Carbs have been the bane of my existence.

Pops

Decided to take the plunge into "serious" supplements now, I bought a few prohormones (1-andro, 4-andro, epi-andro) from amazon along with some cycle support, anti estrogen and pct (and taurine)... going to continue lifting through the winter, and then in the springtime see what kind of results I can get from things that cost a lot more than protein powder, fish oil, and creatine.

edit: for reference this is what I look like currently as of 2 minutes ago, just after waking up, flexed
rrr_img_112596.jpg
\

You are taking steroids and bulking fat boy? Just going to be a strong fatter man.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Stop eating is simultaneously the best and worst advice. It's so simple, yet so hard. I tell myself to stop eating all the time, but I can't until my body starts rejecting the food.