Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lol at referencing himeo and starting another low carb derail without him.

Khane acknowledged trying to get muscle on keto is dumb. That sub is ran by a guy who's been lifting 20 years and attributes his physique to being in keto for the last ten years, like the previous 10 didn't matter

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I never acknowledged trying to gain muscle on keto is dumb. I acknowledged that trying to gain weight on keto is dumb. It's completely counter-intuitive. You can gain muscle while losing weight. You can also maintain weight while gaining muscle or gain weight while gaining muscle. All of these things are physically possible and happen every day. A lot of you lambaste your peers here based on their zealotry about one method ruling them all, and rightfully so, yet you don't see you're exactly the same.

I need to lose weight, I am fat. Keto is the fastest, most efficient way for me to personally lose weight because it works, and is the easiest plan for me to personally adhere to. I am also making significant gains while in keto. I don't attribute that to my diet specifically. I attribute it to my frame of mind and personality. I am ambitious and driven and have a very strong will. I would make the same progress following a high carb, healthy diet (if I was as able to, I binge far more often when I eat high carb).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Actually keto diets are recommended for me being diabetic. Khane or anyone except himeo can you link me some good reading and diet plans?

Khane

Low Carb Diet Program and Weight Loss Plan | Atkins

Disregard the marketing and go right to the actual diet. Buy the book in my opinion. The marketing around these diets is unfortunate to say the least. They betray the diet's true goal and plan to sell it better to fat people who don't actually want to lose weight and it was never intended to be sold that way by the man who created it.

Obviously I'm biased but the diet was created and tuned by a medical doctor and if you actually read it and follow it it's very healthy. Do NOT just read the first chapter and expect you are an expert and just eat fucking bacon all day. That's why people get the wrong idea and demonize it like Bisi does. That is not what the diet is about nor is it recommended eating behavior. There is a paragraph in the opening portion of the book to the effect of "What if I told you that luxurious foods like steak, bacon and mayonnaise aren't what make you fat" and people stop reading there and then eat nothing but steak, bacon and mayonnaise. Even though it goes on to say that's not what to do, just that it's ok to have those foods in moderation instead of completely cutting them out of your diet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I read about keto a few years ago but I was stupid and a non compliant Diabetic and I almost died so there's that. I'll check out the link though it's something I'm interested in. I wonder if my doctor will say I should do it or not.

Khane

Well, definitely ask your doctor. I don't really know much about what ketosis can do for or to a diabetic.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Definitely check with the doctor. Purely anecdotal but I have a friend that was warned off keto as a Type 1 diabetic by her doctor. I believe ketoacidosis was the term being thrown around. I will see if she remembers specifics.

spronk

FPS noob
Actually keto diets are recommended for me being diabetic. Khane or anyone except himeo can you link me some good reading and diet plans?
If you are a t2 diabetic (fat fuck) keto is pretty good. I functionally cured my T2 diabetes last year doing keto for eight months, my blood sugar readings went from 150 (fasting) to 200+ (post carb heavy meals) to 90-100, all day erryday no matter fasting or post meal. I even cheated a bit around xmas time and ate all the normal shit like pasta, pizza, so many desserts, etc and it didn't go over 140 post meal although I gained 15 lbs
frown.png

three quick things: (1) your cholesterol levels are going to go up for the first 3-4 months, as fat used for ketones slip into bloodstream. as you level out these go lower than pre keto. basically i wouldn't do any lab type blood tests for the first 4-6 months (2) you can't go back and forth, you gotta stick to keto full time. in 2014 i would have cheat weekends and shit and my blood sugars were all over the damn place (3) drink a lot of water. like... 1 gallon a day a lot.

the diet itself is very trivial, eat fat/protein (should be 50-60% fat, 30-40% protein, 0-5% carbs preferably fiber) to satiation and avoid sugars and carbs. if you live in the usa its fairly easy since everything has carb numbers on it. i eat a lot of salads and eggs, its not just pork and steak every day. after a few weeks your appetite goes down, i eat a lot less than i did last year per meal. no problems going out, i eat stuff like in n out double double animal style protein style (lettuce wrap instead of bun) or steak/eggs or unbreaded chicken wings, etc.

i was about 50 lbs overweight, lost 40 lbs of that (no exercise really) just with keto but i did it more for my T2 diabetes, didn't want to get stuck on using insulin shots every day for the rest of my life like some of my aunts and uncles have to.

its really simple for T2 diabetics : the cause is your kidneys/liver processing carbs/sugar into glucose and not being able to control the insulin to convert one to the other. Well, remove the need to process it and you don't have to worry about T2 diabetes.

T1 diabetics are a whole other ball game, while keto can work for some it may not work for many others. The ketoacidosis that T1 diabetics suffer from has little to do with keto diet though, it just means your kidney/liver is creating uncontrolled amounts of ketones. Keto diet also depends on ketones, but the process is different (you only process the fats you eat, whereas in ketoacidosis the production is out of control). Still, its not as straightforward a diet for T1 diabetics.

i only check this forum once a month or so, so if you have any questions PM me

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If only they never banned ephedrine!!

Thanks sprinkle, good to read that shit.

You don't know my back story I guess. I am required to get blood tests every 3 months for the foreseeable future.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
As someone who used ketosis to lose 40 pounds post-undergrad, I'll just share some basic thoughts:

1. It works. It absolutely works. Anything will work in reality, if you adhere to the guidelines. But keto literally just burns fat the fuck off. It was 40 pounds in 3 months.
2. Fiber. IF you're going to use ketosis as a way to lose weight, you better eat some fucking greens. I was constantly constipated. It was awful.
3. The side effects are overblown. I never tasted metal in my mouth, never had bad breath, etc. The one thing I did have to endure was the fogginess of being off carbs. This is pretty brutal, honestly.

If you're willing to use keto as a means to lose fat rapidly, I can say it works very efficiently. I did not put on a lot of muscle during this time, but then again I was a little bitch doing SL5x5 with like 155/135/185 as my starting weights. I don't think anything I did during those 3 months would've helped me put on size, and I prioritized fat loss over #gainz. Once I went from 235 to ~195, I carbed the fuck up and started hitting the gym like crazy.

Not sure if this is the best way to approach things. I certainly wouldn't want to bulk on keto, that sounds fucking miserable.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Have you fatties that can't lose weight tried cocaine?
On a serious note, though I haven't used it to lose weight. I find that if when/I do use, although I don't eat much that day, I drink WAY more since your up until 7am crushing beers and the next day I'm super hungover/hungry and end up eating way more than I normally would. So unless your using daily to suppress your appetite over long periods of time, the average weekend warrior like myself won't see much weight loss.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
22 tsp a day is considered average. That's hilarious and sad. But with stories in here of people drinking a 12 pack of soda a day, I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised.
Dudes at work be chugging cans of soda every couple hours man. At least these guys are out working in the sun. Office chimps ain't hungry. They're just bored and sitting next to the fridge.

I thawed out meatballs last night and had a bowl of pasta and 3 meatballs. I haven't been 'stuffed' in months, and last night I definitely was. Fucking A those meatballs are so good. Still lost weight in the morning. #notallcarbs

A girl at the office commented on my weight loss a couple days ago, saying I looked sharp and asked what I was doing, so I dropped some education on her, but the gist of it was low sugar. Thanks for backing my play Obama.