Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
but I still think you are being absurdly myopic in your world view.

I really can't be arsed to keep wasting my time repeating myself. You guys all have your head in the sand - probably because you're scared of breathing in any excess calories.

As I have said, some of us have been posting in this thread for years - multiple people have told the rerolled anorexic crew that you're not eating enough but it doesn't seem to be sinking in.

I'm extremely curious what you would have me do.

Follow a sensible workout plan and a sensible diet to fuel those workouts, lose fat and build/maintain muscle.

I am telling you I don't tend to lose as fast as I "should" for whatever reason

Probably because you're not training or eating properly

This is not a 3 week thing for someone's wedding. This is an 8-15 month thing to put this phase of my life behind me forever.

It would be better if it was only a short term phase

when I get to 200 lbs and I start bulking back up I do not anticipate it being that difficult considering the work ethic I will apply to that objective, just like I am to this one and just like I do to my professional life.

Judging by your knowledge and methods to lose weight then I don't have any faith that you know how to build muscle effectively.

I just hit the dating pool again and quite frankly I'd rather lose the weight faster to make that aspect of my life easier again than lose it the "right way"and have it take two years.

So you're not just doing this for health purposes but for the opposite sex? Admittedly women don't always go crazy for the fitness model look but I can guarantee if you care about looking good for the opposite sex and having a bit of extra confidence then you are going about it the wrong way.

Your asap approach of dropping weight as quickly as possible without regard for body composition (weight loss = muscle and fat loss) means that your bf % is still likely to be high even as the number on the scale drops. It's the reason why weight loss programs such as weight watchers or slimming world always use people fully clothed in their before/afters - because underneath they're still carrying a high bf % and are still fat.

I'm extremely curious what you would have me do.

Workout 3-4 x a week on weights and HIIT with a proper program, none of this bitch-ass body weight squat shit. You're working out 6-7 times a day and doing long duration cardio (also catabolic fyi). Scale that back to 4 x a week, increase the weight each week.

Stop eating like a victoria's secret model one week before the VS show and start eating like an actual adult male, christ.

Start here TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure, workout your TDEE and eat accordingly.

I don't mind giving advice and helping people but it starts with accepting that what you are doing isn't sensible or sustainable long term

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
In this thread: Autists flail about insulting each other's diets and workout programs while fat people argue against the only cure to obesity - LCHF diets.

keto-business-card.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, our autist count is definitely up to at least -1- now. Thanks for joining, Himeo! See you in 6 months.

You forgot to link one of the "sugars are killing everyone" books, though. -1 points for execution.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not trolling here, but if memory serves Himeo you were the guy who used to drink the garlic sauce from Papa John's right? Hrm, I may be thinking of someone else. How is the weight loss going?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
You forgot to link one of the "sugars are killing everyone" books, though. -1 points for execution.

Annually on January 1st. I used to be more... pushy. But, the old mod team told me to knock it off.

I think they were right. At least about that.

Not trolling here, but if memory serves Himeo you were the guy who used to drink the garlic sauce from Papa John's right?

Yes! That was the moment I decided to make a change.

How is the weight loss going?

I started back in 2013 at 400+ pounds. I hit my original goal of going under 200 lbs in late 2014, and I've kept it off.

I'm not exactly a fitness model like Ossoi, but I've been hovering between 170 and 175 for 2016.

Keto saved my life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still impressive. I may disagree with your lchf being the only cure for obesity completely, but the numbers are still good stuff.

edit- No one has posted. Shit!

I have a friend who is 220 at 5'4 and oddly enough not ripped like Jesus. He's trying to reduce calories, and I've told him to look at his intake. The numbers he give me are, being honest, complete bullshit. Wakandan is not consuming 1.5k calories a day at his size and not losing weight. I've talked with him about this multiple times, but he continues to give me the "But I've only ate 1500 calories today!" bullshit without actually sourcing his intake.

How do you all (ie, other people) handle people that are clearly not truthful about their intake when talking about weightloss? I just normally go "Well, if you were consuming that amount, you should be lighter. Are those numbers accurate?" and go from there.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My weight has been steady for 2 weeks. Looks like starvation mode kicked in. Ossoi, how long should I expect this to last?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
And did I misread that or did AladainAF seriously just say he's eating 800 calories per day?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
My weight has been steady for 2 weeks. Looks like starvation mode kicked in. Ossoi, how long should I expect this to last?

The only thing I remember is that you were doing Keto with your wife.

And did I misread that or did AladainAF seriously just say he's eating 800 calories per day?

Yes, but it's ok because his DOCTOR has designed his diet for him. Fuck, if my free NHS doctor told me to eat 800 calories a day then I would be going crazy and asking for a refund.

I think I actually prefer Himeo and his keto devotion to these low calorie idiots.

I started back in 2013 at 400+ pounds. I hit my original goal of going under 200 lbs in late 2014, and I've kept it off.

Genuine question and this is because a number of new posters are all starving themselves in order to lose weight as quickly as possible.......how many calories were you eating daily in order to lose 200+ lbs in roughly 2 years. I'm guessing you probably didn't even bother to count calories?

200lbs in 24 months is 8.33lbs a month, 2 lbs a week - which is probably about right for someone 400lbs.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
On keto you probably don't need to count calories, the amount of fat and protein is keeping you sated for a really long time there's no way you're overeating. Well I mean I guess "no way" is an exaggeration but you get my point.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
On keto you probably don't need to count calories, the amount of fat and protein is keeping you sated for a really long time there's no way you're overeating. Well I mean I guess "no way" is an exaggeration but you get my point.

Yeah I know, I was hoping that a former fatty like Himeo would have more chance of getting through to the low-calorie nuts than me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

And this is exactly the point missed by many people why this shit is easy mode on keto. No scales, no fucking measuring shit, thats the beauty of it, its self regulating and the lbs come off.

Is it the weight lifters diet? Nope?

Is it a diet tailored for athletes? Probably not. But Ive read good shit on endurance type athletes like runners, swimmers and bikers which are more and more exploring keto because of the long sustained energy that fat provides.

Is it a diet made for fat people that dont do shit and finally want to lose weight without too much bullshit? Yep.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I've lost 1.5lbs/wk now on 1800 calories, working out 5 days a week and still playing sports/etc. I'm probably over/under on the calories because I am not tracking everything, but it's working out great so far. Down about 6lbs from start 4 weeks ago.

I also got a real heart rate monitor (Polar H7) and my heart rate is lulzy low.. resting is 46-50 and jogging 7mph on treadmill for 30 minutes it never went over 125.

I need to check my strong heart privilege apparently

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So at 260lbs you were eating 3000 calories a day and losing weight?

Can I ask how you'd react if someone told you to eat 800-1400 a day?

And this is exactly the point missed by many people why this shit is easy mode on keto. No scales, no fucking measuring shit, thats the beauty of it, its self regulating and the lbs come off.

Is it the weight lifters diet? Nope?

Is it a diet tailored for athletes? Probably not. But Ive read good shit on endurance type athletes like runners, swimmers and bikers which are more and more exploring keto because of the long sustained energy that fat provides.

Is it a diet made for fat people that dont do shit and finally want to lose weight without too much bullshit? Yep.
We don't need another round of Keto-autism. The issue isn't "keto", it's people coming here and telling others that "carbs make you fat" or telling people to avoid vegetables or to not use too many slices of tomato. Fortunately this post was a lot more reasonable than your previous posts on the old site.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Honestly, I'd imagine our good bro AladainAF is just not accurately counting. 800 is like ascetic monk fasting shit. I highly doubt he's actually doing that or that a doctor prescribed an 800 calorie per day diet.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
On the other hand, someone 300+lbs could probably just drink water for a month and not die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Honestly, I'd imagine our good bro AladainAF is just not accurately counting. 800 is like ascetic monk fasting shit. I highly doubt he's actually doing that or that a doctor prescribed an 800 calorie per day diet.

That was my suspicion, at least it was until he posted a typical day of meals which included "protein potatoes"

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You've done it once. You KNOW you can do it again. Just keep at it bud.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users