Westworld

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
all traffic between the mainland and the island has been suspended.
Are these the first clues to identifying the location of the park? Don't recall them ever clarifying its position as being close to a "mainland" before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, you're right on the ball with that. They "kinda" showed a picture of the world in the 1st episode, but never clarified island or not.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Are these the first clues to identifying the location of the park? Don't recall them ever clarifying its position as being close to a "mainland" before.

I believe it is the first time they've identified the park as an 'island' too.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah, you're right on the ball with that. They "kinda" showed a picture of the world in the 1st episode, but never clarified island or not.
I believe it is the first time they've identified the park as an 'island' too.

S2 E1 mentioned it being an island. Further, it can be deduced the mainland is China/Asia based off what looked like Chinese marines being there.

• 1Like

Caliane

IIRC, "mainland" was mentioned in S1, or on the website.
First for island. I think 'under the sea' all but confirmed. I was on board with it, after that game theory vid. Even more so now.

Creator loving Bioshock. The water in the old compound. all the mainland, port, island mentions can apply to an actual island, or under water one.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So the park is humanity's greatest achievement and most wondrous sanctuary, located under water. Then we all die horrible extinction level deaths, everyone forgets our advanced society, and thousands of years in the future rumors finally lead archaeologists and treasure hunters to "Atlantis".

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's through a stargate and westworld serves as a tie in for a new stargate series

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bet the whole thing is complex VR, like that seen in Sword Art Online. It makes getting to the "main land" a lot harder, but we'll see in the end.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I bet the whole thing is complex VR, like that seen in Sword Art Online. It makes getting to the "main land" a lot harder, but we'll see in the end.
Obviously not true, with Logan talking about NOT wanting VR but rather something more tangible.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Why would people care about being killed then? And don't try to make some gay Matrix comparison

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's either what it's saying it is, 30ish years in the future and a robot uprising is starting that should technically be easy as fuck to put down, orrrr it's 100s of years in the future and almost everyone is a robot or some such shit playing a game on a loop. 'real world' human robots is just a different game

It's really tiresome, and like I said earlier, season 1 was 20x better on a second watch through not having to try to wrack my brain about what is where and who is what during every episode. I imagine season 2 gonna be the same.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
it's either what it's saying it is, 30ish years in the future and a robot uprising is starting that should technically be easy as fuck to put down, orrrr it's 100s of years in the future and almost everyone is a robot or some such shit playing a game on a loop. 'real world' human robots is just a different game

imagine a world full of twitter social justice warriors who all pretend to be feminists and anti-gun/violence/racism and all live off welfare and stay online all day. robots have a pretty good chance at winning then.

but yeah i do imagine the final episode will have some sort of twist on how the world went from the current "global warming is gonna kill everyone!" to utopia, but i doubt it'll be that surprising. the twist in season 1 was william was MiB and pretty much everyone foresaw that after just like 1 or 2 episodes.

• 1Like