Westworld

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
can someone fill me in on what the plot is at this point for this show?

im so lost.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Delos. De Sol. The light. If this show isn’t about some tie in to the afterlife, it’s definitely an analogy.

It was a joke about how that trash show Lost said "it's not Purgatory!" when people (correctly) guessed that during season 1.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
can someone fill me in on what the plot is at this point for this show?

im so lost.

Westworld is pitched as the ultimate themepark for adults. You pay a large sum of money and can go play in the old American west and do whatever you want with impunity––sex, drugs, murder are all ok––as it's filled with AI bots that look (and feel, you fucker) human.

There is some mystery plot going on behind the scenes between the lead AI creator and the board of directors. The dudes who created the AI might have been intrigued by what makes a human human, implanting consciousness, or even immortality; the board, on the other hand, seems to have been mostly preoccupied with profit and running the ultimate themepark.

Except maybe there was a mastermind idea by the owner, kept secret from the board. And the government might be onto them. Corporate espionage has come to Westworld.

Somewhere along the way, the lead AI creator decided to take things into his own hands. So the AI is running amok. Security can't control them. They aren't running according to their script. We don't know the endgame yet. It might be destruction of humankind.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The point of this show is the 3 F's. Fucking, Fucking someone over, and what the Fuck?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yep. Worst mercs ever. They are about as trained as a security guard at 7-11.
Also, no helmets. I mean even if we go down the path of everyone is a robit, the ones who think they were humans would at least try and fucking not be retarded and not die in stupid fucking gun fights.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Nothing happened in this episode except showing us a little bit of the greater park world in the beginning and end. Lame ep.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
So based on the preview for next episode, I think one of the big reveals may be
Not only are they collecting blackmail info on guests, I think they may actually be replicating hosts of them to pose as certain guests IRL to gather outside info or manipulate things in the real world.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was a good episode. No William was a bit disappointing. At least it was one consistent timeline, none of the jumping around chronologically with no explanation.

Good creative adaptation of the soundtrack at the beginning, taking the usual entrance overture and making it sound Indian.

They finally straight up explained how the guns usually don't kill humans. I guess too many people have been confused.

Interesting that the hosts think Abernathy is a human.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Edit/reply real buggy on chrome mobile recently. Nuked this post.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Fucking insanely awesome opening, loved seeing how much larger the park is. Kinda makes you wonder why its called Westworld, I guess its the first and biggest park.

This season is very much a "fucked up theme park that caters to humanity's worst desires is now turning on its creators" and I am really loving it. Sure, it was a Simpsons episode too but man who wouldn't love to hang around some of these time periods. Makes you wonder what would really be the most popular parks. Harry Potter world? Rome circa Nero or Caesar? Babylon? There are a number of time periods where the debauchery makes modern times seem puritanical.

Both Dolores strats ("kill all my allies! haha!") and the merc force ("walk into fire!") are retarded but hopefully that gets better

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
There has to be more to the girl in Raj World in the beginning. The camera shows her notebook a lot and it has the same logo written it that is on the tablet connected to Abernahty and Bernard unlocks him.

• 2Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I still have no fucking clue what's going on this season.

Not much, really. A robot uprising in the park, spreading to other parks, intermixed with flashbacks to how Westworld became what it is.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't find it confusing, necessarily, but sometimes there's a lag where I'm making sure I'm in the part of the timeline I think I am.

I just hope there's some worthwhile meaning to all the time slicing going on. I thought it worked well in S1 because it wasn't so obvious and it resolved wonderfully. Here, though, there's no question of multiple timelines (really just slices of one timeline, most likely) and the time jumping is really obvious, so it should mean something more than just narrative masturbation.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lol, that was seven nation army by the white stripes

No, you're not thinking of the part I'm talking about. I mean the elephant scene. It was definitely an adaptation of the Sweetwater theme.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There has to be more to the girl in Raj World in the beginning. The camera shows her notebook a lot and it has the same logo written it that is on the tablet connected to Abernahty and Bernard unlocks him.

I noticed that too. That's the Delos logo, right?

• 1Like