What tickles your pickle

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Bird feeders;

setting up a couple of bird feeders and having a morning cup of tea, and watching all the birds.

Better than random TV

Have a couple set up just off the porch which my office windows look out to. Got heated plush sills for the cats on the window sills for them to watch the birds. Lots of entertainment throughout the day. Only problem is the damn birds throw that seed all over the damn place, so we have to clean off the porch furniture constantly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ours attract squirrels. Our dogs really like the squirrels. One in particular. She's only caught a few but it's fun to watch the hunt.
And just like that I found a new way to stay entertained and get my dogs exercise.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Ours attract squirrels. Our dogs really like the squirrels. One in particular. She's only caught a few but it's fun to watch the hunt.

Ah this brings back fond memories of my now deceased long haired Dox. She would hunt squirrels, catch them, brutally rip them open, then leave them on the walking stones in the back yard, as a warning to the others who would trespass in her domain... good times.

Best our current set of dogs have done is one opossum.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ah this brings back fond memories of my now deceased long haired Dox. She would hunt squirrels, catch them, brutally rip them open, then leave them on the walking stones in the back yard, as a warning to the others who would trespass in her domain... good times.

Best our current set of dogs have done is one opossum.
Our dogs fight over them once they're caught. I think she just wants to play.

We used to have a greater pyranees who caught rabbits regularly and ate them. We'd find the hind end sometimes. No telling how many she just ate all of without us seeing it. Also no telling how the fuck she caught rabbits. My best guess is that she just acted cool and the rabbit thought she was a big rabbit and got close. Never had the pleasure of seeing it happen.

• 2Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Anniversary trip to Wallowa lake / Joseph Oregon. This place is awesome.

My boss is a 70 year old surveyor that grew up here. I love that old fucker already, but this place makes me like him even more.

Attachments

• PXL_20240427_143753350.jpg
    PXL_20240427_143753350.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240426_232819458.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240426_232819458.PORTRAIT.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20240426_225606142.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240426_225606142.MP.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just emailed a studio asking if there was somewhere I could buy a digital map from the "sea beast" movie on Netflix. I wrote a couple sentences about how I make maps for work and make/collect them as a hobby too. The president of the studio replied back 7 minutes later to tell me that they didn't make the map for that specific movie, but he's a big fan of maps too.

We emailed back and forth a few times before I sent him some examples of the stuff I do for work and the stuff I do as a hobby. Then he said he's really interested in the CNC maps I make and asked if we could get on a call.

I do all this stuff because I really do love maps and it tickles the hell out of my pickle seeing how many other people like them too.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Siliconemelons

I just emailed a studio asking if there was somewhere I could buy a digital map from the "sea beast" movie on Netflix. I wrote a couple sentences about how I make maps for work and make/collect them as a hobby too. The president of the studio replied back 7 minutes later to tell me that they didn't make the map for that specific movie, but he's a big fan of maps too.

We emailed back and forth a few times before I sent him some examples of the stuff I do for work and the stuff I do as a hobby. Then he said he's really interested in the CNC maps I make and asked if we could get on a call.

I do all this stuff because I really do love maps and it tickles the hell out of my pickle seeing how many other people like them too.

I bought this via back in his kickstarter because this dude had a ton of youtube ad's where he was sitting on a horse and was like "Hey, I made a map book"

I cant find the ad that I remember :-( it was hilariously awesome, I did the kickstarter.

It is obvious maps done in the Tolkien LOTR style, hence his title.

It is a nice book, it is great to be what it is, a coffee table book - it is well done and nice quality, at least the "kickstarter" edition I have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Bruh, "lord of maps kickstarter" in the googles.

Video there seems like what you were talking about.

Ha! thats it lulz

I searched Lord of Maps youtube Ad etc. didn't think to look at...the kickstarter... I guess those pages stay up even after the thing is well done and over eh?

But yeah, that ad got me... dude dressed up as a knight and is like "I make maps" heh

As far as the kickstarter: dude had some issues but he overcame them, I think like the China printer was made he made a map that had Taiwan as its own thing or something lol but all the books got delivered. he had good communication and stuff and the book is really nice. I need to find it.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Bruh. If one of your maps winds up getting used in a movie, you GOTTA sneak an FOH reference in there somewhere. Like maybe an image of your balls? I dunno, just spitballing in case you don't think you can get away with the actual letters FoH.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bruh. If one of your maps winds up getting used in a movie, you GOTTA sneak an FOH reference in there somewhere. Like maybe an image of your balls? I dunno, just spitballing in case you don't think you can get away with the actual letters FoH.
If some random Mexican can get his balls on the news during the eclipse, I feel confident that Bandwagon can sneak his in on a map he makes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I had to push the meeting back to the 17th, so won't know until then.

I don't really know what he's going to ask for. He said that he's working on maps for Dune 2 and Bladerunner2049 right now, which doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not sure why he'd be working on those after the movies are out. No idea if that's what he wants to talk about, but he said those are the two he's working on now.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I had to push the meeting back to the 17th, so won't know until then.

I don't really know what he's going to ask for. He said that he's working on maps for Dune 2 and Bladerunner2049 right now, which doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not sure why he'd be working on those after the movies are out. No idea if that's what he wants to talk about, but he said those are the two he's working on now.
Sounds like its hobby stuff then. Unless they're releasing some kind of supplemental material for those movies. Toys or game, maybe.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like its hobby stuff then. Unless they're releasing some kind of supplemental material for those movies. Toys or game, maybe.
Nah it's a work project he's asking about. He pulled a few others into the meeting.

-IF- it is something to do with Dune or Bladerunner, it's probably something for a guild event or the studio or something like that. I worked at a prop house in LA for a bit and a decent amount of the work we did had nothing to do with new movies. Sometimes it would be for something like the 30th anniversary of a specific movie or studio or something. If he wants me to make something for those two movies, I might kick it over to another cartographer friend. That guy does some really cool (and huge) backlit maps that would look cool with a futuristic or sci fi theme.

I don't even have a side business set up yet for my hobby stuff. I've been keeping it casual on purpose.