What vehicle do you drive?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Picked up a 2014 Honda Civic sedan this week. My new job was going to require a long commute and I didn't want to do it in the Pilot.

Fuel economy boss

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of Civics...

Do want.

dt-geneva-honda-civic-type-r-1-2-720x480-c.jpg

2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-rear-three-quarter-02.jpg

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
That ugly Honda has 306hp and a top speed of about 170mph stock.

I could do without the wing, but for a hatch, that's a sexy and FAST fucking car.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely a fast car, given the price point. It'll be really fun to drive too. But, ho-lee shit it's ugly. It's very possible to make a fast FWD coupe or hatch look good. Renault and Citroen do it all the time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What kind of sticker on that? Ive not been following fast cars lately so out of loop. Just remember ford getting a few decent entries in recent years.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
What kind of sticker on that? Ive not been following fast cars lately so out of loop. Just remember ford getting a few decent entries in recent years.

Not released yet but expected mid $30s.

I'm not really a hatch guy but I have to disagree with you guys on the ugly bit. Good thing there's a car for everyone :)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'd like that Civic R if they toned down the look just a bit. It's a bit too Fast N Furious for my tastes. That said, I'd like to test one out.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not released yet but expected mid $30s.

I'm not really a hatch guy but I have to disagree with you guys on the ugly bit. Good thing there's a car for everyone :)
Hatches like my vw r32 certainly don't usually win for looks, but God damn they are nice especial in bachelor college days for moving and hauling almost as much as you could in the bed of an s10.

Squeezed a complete set of 18" tires on wheels amongst other things.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Love the looks and interiors of Audi. But, for the same money as everyone else, they have less performance and no manual options. In a snowy climate though, definite win.

• 1Like
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The base level Civic coupe looks great imo. Not sure why they went so nuts with the type R.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I bet they fuck that Type R launch up in the US, they'll price it too fucking high. Kind of like that 60k dollar S2000 CR they put out at the end of it's life. I love the S2000, but only a fool would pay that much for one. I've still never seen one in the wild.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love a hot hatch, but fuck they need to go on a serious diet. That Civic R looks god awful, but I can see the demographic they are going for. Each their own and all. If VW could shed 200kg off a Golf R, that would be ideal for me.

Totally agree with Hekotat Hekotat about price points. Some of these manufacturers are crazy with their pricing. Once you go beyond a certain price for mid-range performance cars, you just open up far better options in other makes / models. Basically just pricing themselves out of market.

All that said, I think people have lost sight of the value of the almighty dollar. With low / no interest rates over the last 10 years, auto prices have crept up to astronomical levels in my opinion. People make roughly the same money, yet are happily shelling out 1/3 - 1/2 the price of a house on something that depreciates incredibly fast. There have been numerous studies and articles on the impending Auto Loan debt crisis looming. As someone who pays cash for vehicles, I just can't stomach purchasing anything these days.

U.S. Subprime Auto Loan Losses Reach Highest Level Since the Financial Crisis

Almost anyone can get a car loan now — and that's not a good thing for the country

http://www.nypost.com/2017/02/16/americans-are-struggling-to-pay-off-their-auto-loans/

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
IS38 Turbo swapped 2015 A3 Cabriolet. My car has been stock ever since the engine blew up on a stage 1 tune 2 years ago (and I bought a house, so no mod money)

Pictured: my first attempt at plastidip, the wheels came out looking good, the trim is "ok", also just painted my brake calipers this weekend.

Next "mod" will be upgrading the aging/balding summer tires to Michelin PS4S

IMG_2377.JPG

Also, a before pic, peeled off my vinyl wrap last month.

Edit: time flies

IMG_2279.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I really wish they'd go back to flowing lines on these cars and stop with all the crazy angles. All the new cars Lexus has put out look like shit. Some of the cars that have reigned it in and made good use of the angles look well done. For example the Fiesta/Focus ST and the RS, the type R went way overboard with it.

All these dealer markups on a 40k dollar RS are going to kill that car. I've yet to see one under 60k, that's exactly what I expect to happen to the type R.

Went drifting this weekend, I've never seen so many cars destroyed in one event, it might as well have been a destruction derby.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I saw a Toyota 86 the other day. I hear they have a Subaru boxer engine in them