What vehicle do you drive?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Here is a new one. I didn't think stealing headlights would be easier or faster than wheels. Maybe because headlights are easier to sell on the internet?

Someone can buy wheels from lots of places if all they want in a replacement wheel or even lots of places for a wheel that's an improvement. Price some of the headlight stuff you can only get through a dealer. For a while people have been complaining about how difficult it is to change headlights. Guess someone made it easier, too easy and the only place you get a new one is the dealership. Gone are the days of buying a new headlight at an auto parts store and your option being a round or square one. Even the replacement bulb ones aren't so easy anymore.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Someone can buy wheels from lots of places if all they want in a replacement wheel or even lots of places for a wheel that's an improvement. Price some of the headlight stuff you can only get through a dealer. For a while people have been complaining about how difficult it is to change headlights. Guess someone made it easier, too easy and the only place you get a new one is the dealership. Gone are the days of buying a new headlight at an auto parts store and your option being a round or square one. Even the replacement bulb ones aren't so easy anymore.
That's Porsche pricing and availability.

I can get aftermarket lights for my vehicles, and one is new.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
2024 Silverado 2500 diesel or 2024 ford f250 powerstroke?

amazing all the gay electronics they put in these now.

• 1Harrow
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
2024 Silverado 2500 diesel or 2024 ford f250 powerstroke?

amazing all the gay electronics they put in these now.
giphy.gif

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Need an HD diesel. Unfortunately gotta pick between 3 options. Ya totally agree.

Sorry I am a Dodge Ram guy *shrug*. I take the same approach with motherboard manufacturers, get a good one and stick with that brand until they fuck me then choose another.

• 1Solidarity

fresh

<Gold Donor>
I have 2017 and 2021 4Runners. I live in the mountains and work at a ski resort and have had zero issues.
100% reccomend.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Sorry I am a Dodge Ram guy *shrug*. I take the same approach with motherboard manufacturers, get a good one and stick with that brand until they fuck me then choose another.
Hd Cummins ram?

• 1Harrow

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hd Cummins ram?
Relative has a 3500 Cummins and likes it, tows a 13k lb 5th wheel all summer with it. I only have a 1500, mostly I find the overall package and interior to be comfortable since it has a pretty solid lineage. I've towed cross country with it several times and taken it off road.

Again, I'm sure the Ford and Chevy are popular for a reason, I just haven't had the need to switch.

• 1Like

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Cummins just got nailed with a massive fine and might have to recall trucks going back years to detune the engines or figure out something to get the exhaust down where the government wants, including brand new models. I have a 2023 Ram 2500 with the 6.4L gas, but would likely look at a Duramax if I needed a diesel right now.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
What’s the general consensus on sunroofs?

• 1Harrow

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Terrible for longevity. Only worth it if you use it a lot. Also a lot of them are terrible anyway, I wouldn't bother for most vehicles.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Axiel

Molten Core Raider

Sunroofs are alright if you live somewhere without too much sun and park in a garage/never under trees. Open air feeling without the hassle of a convertible, more so for cars with a lower belt-line.

Stupid if you aren't going to have it open in good weather, and in trucks/suvs.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Terrible for longevity. Only worth it if you use it a lot. Also a lot of them are terrible anyway, I wouldn't bother for most vehicles.
Yeah I agree. I don’t want a sunroof but only thing on lot spec’d the way I like has it. Debating if it’s worth putting an order in for one without. Never ever use that shit in Florida.

• 1Harrow

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Thats not what they're doing here though, you don't buy a complete headlight enclosure for a bulb. These are for wrecked cars to replace the lights (so they're stealing them to sell to shops to repair with "used" parts)... I can't even remember the last light bulb I bought for a car. HID lights since the early 2000's basically never blow out and all the other lights have been LED's forever. What cars are you needing bulbs for?