Whats rustling your jimmies?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I like that about Costco, many other things they do too.

The one thing that does rustle me about them is the sampler setups. There's a ton of them around and all the little piglets have to squeal and herd around them for free handouts. They're so absorbed into stuffing their faces with bagel bites or popcorn shrimp or stupid ass crackers, they block you.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Oh man, I could probably populate an entire new thread about the different ways my jimmies get rustled at Costco. I love Costco but fucking hate the people who shop there. There used to be a special 'business owners and teachers only' opening time that was amazing because it would be empty, but they did away with that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Also for self-checkout rules if you are buying alcohol don't use self checkout. Mainly because the person who needs to authorize you as being old enough is usually busy helping the 65 year old who didn't graduate high school figure out how to pay for their entire cart full of groceries with a check while her grandkids run wild.
I don't know if it is California, or Sacramento, or Raley's, or what, but I can't use self-checkout at all if I have alcohol because apparently it is some sort of law/rule/policy. The first time I tried to do it they had to void out my transaction and made me go through a normal line because they can't even come in and manually override it on the self-checkouts. Talk about rustled.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
AKAGUN0214D.jpg

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Tonight I couldn't get the lid off a reagent jar at work. Nobody else was in yet and it was urgent so I couldn't just leave it. I ended up having to take it down to the security station at the entrance and have him open it for me. He of course told my co workers about it when they came in, and now I'm never going to hear the end of it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Damn, that's rough. You totally loosened it though! Got some of those non-slip pads at my house for tough lids. I use one probably once a month. Haters gonna hate.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The thing that really rustles my Jimmies at my local grocery store is that they have two "fast lane" checkouts meant for people with less than 10 items. Good choice for those on the go buying their lunch or something. Unfortunately the idiot who designed the store thought it would also be a logical choice for the service desk, so if you have a question or a problem, or need to return an item, or whatever, then you have to queue there too and then it takes forever.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
For self checkout lanes in grocery stores, you have to pick the lane with the least amount of women in it. Usually the fastest.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I work with some of the least computer savvy people on the planet. Even still, they want to be able to do things like work from home, so I set it up for them (I'm not any sort of official IT person, my job is completely unrelated, but I'm the closest they have and I cost a shitload less). I write out detailed instructions of how to log on step by step. For the most part it works and people are successful with little interaction from me.

Today, the person I would consider the most tech savvy, who has logged on remotely from home countless times, emails me that he can't on his new computer at home, and sends me a pic of his screen with the error (which says he's not authorized). The very first thing I ask him is if he's logging on following those steps I wrote out. He says yes. I say are you sure? Exactly like I spelled out? Yes, of course he is. So I start checking the server and his computer to make sure he has permission, because who knows, maybe it got reset somehow. I google solutions, check all sorts of shit, spend way more time than I wanted to on it, and come up blank. It should work. Because I think I know what it is, I tell him to make sure he is logging on with domain\username and not just username. He assures me that he is. So I make him send me a screenshot of the login screen. Of course, it shows computername\username, not the domain, meaning he only typed his username in like I told him not to. I tell him again to do it properly, just like I told him to do before, and like I had explicitly written out in the instructions. "That fixed it, thanks!"

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I asked my daughter with her friends around to "tape" a show for me since they were using the T.V. They all giggled at me cause I said tape....
mad.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Offered to bring in a business relationship to a new partnership with someone he knows - out of courtesy and respect, not because it was necessary - and this guy now wants 1/3 of all profits for doing jack-all. Fucking pissing me off.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I work with some of the least computer savvy people on the planet. Even still, they want to be able to do things like work from home, so I set it up for them (I'm not any sort of official IT person, my job is completely unrelated, but I'm the closest they have and I cost a shitload less).
God, I hope you don't cost less than an IT person. They generally make jack shit because nearly anyone can do it. Sure no one else at your company can, but I bet they can hire a college student for somewhere around minimum wage.

I asked my daughter with her friends around to "tape" a show for me since they were using the T.V. They all giggled at me cause I said tape....
mad.png
On the news yesterday they were talking about a teacher who was in trouble because she 'videotaped' a student beating another student. I giggled pretty hard. I imagined her breaking out the old 8mm handicam. They're going to have to dig a reel to reel out of storage for the inquiry, I guess.

In short, maybe you are old.