Whats rustling your jimmies?

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Story from two weeks back here. I got a new job recently and old co-workers wanted to get lunch on a weekend at a place we all used to frequent. I say alright, let's do it at noon since I work nights, usually I need to be in bed by 3pm. Everyone confirms by e-mail, 8 people total. Saturday rolls around, I show up at 12.05, nobody else is at the very busy place so I'm holding a table for 8 people looking like a dickhead. 12.15, still nobody there. I text everybody, 3 people say they're sick and the other 5 don't respond. 12.20pm and I leave. I call everyone out on this bullshit by text and nobody responds.

I fucking hate Seattle sometimes.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Was playing Duck Tales Remastered, which is an excellent game. I have yet to beat it on Extreme difficulty, but the couple of times I've tried I was overwhelmed (no saving, no continues, very few 1-ups). So I figure I'll play through the "Difficult" difficulty again as a refresher to prepare for another attempt. I take my time, hoard tons of money, get lots of one-ups, learn the level layouts/boss patterns again, make it to the last boss, and... The game freezes. It's not the first time, either. This has happened multiple times before, always at the same spot.

God damn, Wayforward. You do an exceptional job re-imagining one of my childhood favorites, basically writing the book on how to do a re-make, but you don't iron out the game-breaking bugs that make hours of play time worthless. Fucking rustled.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Jew
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ever seen a commercial with a man/woman (husband/wife)? Same thing. The man is always the moron who can't do anything right.
Worst is radio commercials. Since they cant just show skin color they have to go ham on the accents. Really annoying fucking one is this fucking retarded cellphone ad with dumb fuck "wear it out" guy. Basically bumbling fucking retard white guy who says old phrases like "whazzup".

Last edited:
  • 1Jew
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Story from two weeks back here. I got a new job recently and old co-workers wanted to get lunch on a weekend at a place we all used to frequent. I say alright, let's do it at noon since I work nights, usually I need to be in bed by 3pm. Everyone confirms by e-mail, 8 people total. Saturday rolls around, I show up at 12.05, nobody else is at the very busy place so I'm holding a table for 8 people looking like a dickhead. 12.15, still nobody there. I text everybody, 3 people say they're sick and the other 5 don't respond. 12.20pm and I leave. I call everyone out on this bullshit by text and nobody responds.

I fucking hate Seattle sometimes.

I've noticed this a TON among people nowadays. Flakiness seems to be at an all-time high.

The largest jimmy rustler are the people who just try to fucking go radio silent. Shit happens, things come up, I get that. I also get that 98% of the time you're full of shit about your "family emergency". However, your boring ass knows WELL in advance that you have no intention of making it out, so at least have the fucking common courtesy to send me a text a bit beforehand that you're not going to make it.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I've noticed this a TON among people nowadays. Flakiness seems to be at an all-time high.

The largest jimmy rustler are the people who just try to fucking go radio silent. Shit happens, things come up, I get that. I also get that 98% of the time you're full of shit about your "family emergency". However, your boring ass knows WELL in advance that you have no intention of making it out, so at least have the fucking common courtesy to send me a text a bit beforehand that you're not going to make it.

Drives me bonkers, man. I think Seattle is particularly bad for it because people's general passive aggressiveness has seeped into every aspect of life. Most folk here will lose an arm to avoid upsetting someone directly or saying no. It's not politeness; you're just being a trifling little bitch.

• 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drives me bonkers, man. I think Seattle is particularly bad for it because people's general passive aggressiveness has seeped into every aspect of life. Most folk here will lose an arm to avoid upsetting someone directly or saying no. It's not politeness; you're just being a trifling little bitch.
Coming up on just a year in the Seattle area, but haven't had this happen too often. But I'm not the best example, seeing as I don't know anybody and with 2 kids, I never go out anyway.

However, what stopped you from texting people Saturday morning to say something like hey, we still on for this? Would have saved you the hassle of ever showing up at the restaurant? Drives my wife bonkers, because she's like you, and I figure most of the world, that if plans were made earlier in the week, they are still standing if nothing else was said come the day.

Nope, not me. Make plans earlier in the week? Fucking confirm that shit again the day of, or the day before. Maybe it was my flakey ass Dad that I learned this habit from, but never assume that things are just still on without confirming closer to the date.

• 1Jew

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
However, what stopped you from texting people Saturday morning to say something like hey, we still on for this? Would have saved you the hassle of ever showing up at the restaurant? Drives my wife bonkers, because she's like you, and I figure most of the world, that if plans were made earlier in the week, they are still standing if nothing else was said come the day.

In this case, probably because my brain is still used to the old coworkers being immediate contacts. I typically do confirm morning of or day prior with people I don't see every day. In this case I was just extra-rustled because the flake out rate was 100%, and it was ostensibly 'for' me, since I was the one who'd left.

It does make me wonder what kind of a shitbag I am where I'm 0/7 in one morning for people hanging out with me. Feels bad, man.

• 1Jew

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Coming up on just a year in the Seattle area, but haven't had this happen too often. But I'm not the best example, seeing as I don't know anybody and with 2 kids, I never go out anyway.

Welcome to Seattle, by the way! It' s got its share of silliness but I've lived all over the US and the pacific northwest is still my favorite part of the country.

• 1Jew

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Just spent a lot of time with very good friends. One thing - they all eat like fucking pigs. What is the deal with people chewing with their mouth open? Some of them seem to see how much noise they can possibly make with things like crisp apples or chips. All weekend I made food ready, and then disappeared while everyone ate. I know this is my own issue, but have you ever gotten up in the morning and said, "you know what I want to do today? I want to listen to people orally process some food. That sounds awesome?"

No. Close your fucking mouth when you eat.

• 4Rustled
  • 1Jew
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Just spent a lot of time with very good friends. One thing - they all eat like fucking pigs. What is the deal with people chewing with their mouth open? Some of them seem to see how much noise they can possibly make with things like crisp apples or chips. All weekend I made food ready, and then disappeared while everyone ate. I know this is my own issue, but have you ever gotten up in the morning and said, "you know what I want to do today? I want to listen to people orally process some food. That sounds awesome?"

No. Close your fucking mouth when you eat.

I did that when I was a little kid and my dad resolved it by keeping a squirt bottle full of vinegar at the dinner table. He would spray it into my open mouth when a verbal correction didn't work. The habit was broken inside of two months.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I did that when I was a little kid and my dad resolved it by keeping a squirt bottle full of vinegar at the dinner table. He would spray it into my open mouth when a verbal correction didn't work. The habit was broken inside of two months.

I don't think my forty year old fried would react the same way. I even said at one point, "could everyone chew with their mouth closed, please?" and the loudest offenders laughed and asked "why?" That's when I started eating alone in my office.

Here's what bothers me about that. You don't care about mouth noises? Fine. Why do you force everyone around you to enjoy their meal less because you don't mind it? It is common etiquette to close your fucking mouth while chewing. Do that.

• 1Jew

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Here's what bothers me about that. You don't care about mouth noises? Fine. Why do you force everyone around you to enjoy their meal less because you don't mind it? It is common etiquette to close your fucking mouth while chewing. Do that.

Funny you say that, because in actuality, it is you who has decided to make everyone around you enjoy their food less by bitching about it. They were all having a good time not thinking about chewing noises until you popped off. You should have skipped to step 2 and started eating alone.

Also, I should note that I don't believe for a second mouths were actually opened. Maybe they switched to open mouth after your pussy bled all over their party. But you complained about noise, not about seeing half chewed food, or having it fall / fly from their mouths. Clearly your real problem was with chewing noises. My wife bitches about chewing noises sometimes too, claims people have their mouths open when they don't.

I started squirting vinegar in her mouth and she learned to stop complaining.

• 1Jew
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
I'm of the opinion that if it takes you minimal effort to not disturb the peace of others, you probably ought to consider it. I would give you 2 to 1 odds that at least one of those friends who gives you shit for telling them to eat like a grown up will be bothered by the sound of a pet licking its balls when they're trying to get to sleep. Whatever the origin, the sound of jaws and tongue in action isn't exactly tranquil shit.

• 1Jew

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Also, I should note that I don't believe for a second mouths were actually opened.

What the fuck, man? Mouths were totally open. Watching them eat was like watching a cement mixer. You don't believe mouths were opened? If they weren't, I wouldn't have had an issue in the first place.

But, hey. You don't believe it. Okay.

At the moment, you're rustling me a little bit. Why would I make that up?

• 1Jew

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Nah. I just haven't eaten any beef today.

Lulz.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Jew