Whats rustling your jimmies?

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I said that my uncle is responsible for it, I didn't mean he invented it. He's far too stupid for that. He just goes around to the different walmarts and manages the reordering of shelves.

I do understand the store's theory of making people wonder around, but I can't see how it's worth the cost/time/effort. They can't make that much extra profit from impulse buyers. Also, even those shoppers will learn the new layout in a few trips, and the store will need to be re-shuffled again.

This has got to be a contributing factor to online retailers taking over from brick and mortar. Maybe it's corporate's plan to drive people out of the stores and on to the website.

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
When I said that my uncle is responsible for it, I didn't mean he invented it. He's far too stupid for that. He just goes around to the different walmarts and manages the reordering of shelves.

I do understand the store's theory of making people wonder around, but I can't see how it's worth the cost/time/effort. They can't make that much extra profit from impulse buyers. Also, even those shoppers will learn the new layout in a few trips, and the store will need to be re-shuffled again.

This has got to be a contributing factor to online retailers taking over from brick and mortar. Maybe it's corporate's plan to drive people out of the stores and on to the website.
you should see what best buy is doing.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seen this on the Facebook feed today, rustled the fuck outta me for some reason.

FB_IMG_1489532321855.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Jew
  • 1Islamic
Reactions: 3 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Parking stuff

In my old neighborhood I used to have a house diagonally across from mine that rented to enough college kids to have 5 cars and a 2 car driveway. Needless to say they parked in front of my house a lot.

That didn't bother me much as my yard was on a curve and was long in the front. What rustled my jimmies was that they didn't know how to park on the street and frequently ended up on my lawn. I'm not talking old man talk with a piece of their tire on my precious lawn. I'm talking a tire so far in my grass that there is a gap between the inside of their tire and the curb. I also had sprinklers right there so they basically drove over them. I used to go wake them up before I went to work and make them move the cars. I would day dream about installing some kind of nail spike strip right at the edge of my grass. I always wondered if I could have gotten away with it. Like a small piece of wood with nails pointing up buried in my grass.

Oh, and my neighbor next to me had space in front of his house that was technically a shorter walk for them but slightly past their rental house. I never understood why they parked in front of my house. I just always guessed it was one of those 'this is the first space I came across, must park here' mentality.

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
What is Bestbuy doing?
changing the way their floors bounce, so that people don't get tired browsing. constant harrasment from employees about "HOW CAN WE HELP YOU," and branding every sections so you have to choose between brands.

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
What do you mean by bounce?
they let the floor bounce a little bit. you don't notice it but the floor is not very thick or concrete. they flex a little, so that it doesn't stress out your legs. they also have an "open concept" design. This design is helping you to navigate easier instead of jumping from aisle to aisle.

• 1Jew

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you should see what best buy is doing.
Edit: missed the reply. But I noticed the below it seemed like.

I havnt really been in one for years until this last xmas and it was very brief. I could tell something was fucky. (Seemed like shit that would normally grouped was spread all the fuck out and not in sensical places. IE some HDMI PC cables in one corner, but differerent ones at extreme opposite corner. PC seemed mixed on 2 walls with a bunch of TV's and shit seperating them.

I did like an entire aisle of decent drone shit ($800+)

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Edit: missed the reply. But I noticed the below it seemed like.

I havnt really been in one for years until this last xmas and it was very brief. I could tell something was fucky. (Seemed like shit that would normally grouped was spread all the fuck out and not in sensical places. IE some HDMI PC cables in one corner, but differerent ones at extreme opposite corner. PC seemed mixed on 2 walls with a bunch of TV's and shit seperating them.

I did like an entire aisle of decent drone shit ($800+)
they reduced the amount of small profit items like memory sticks, SDs, DVDs and movies. Instead they are focusing on big ticket items with larger profit, such as USB plugs, TVs (huge..), appliances, Wear technology, etc.

Shit that you don't need, basically, except appliance.

Back area is computers but again they are centralized to focus on high profit items, like surface, and Apple has their own huge corner....

• 1Jew

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was just absolutely butt mad when I saw they wanted like $50 or something ludicris just for a HDMI to DVI or something like that adapter when I was trying to run 3 monitors. (Impulse bought a chromecast that wife loved and ended up with 2.........)

Of course online provided me with many reasonable costing adapters though I eneded up lacking enough desk-estate so never ordered. Used to online being cheaper but shit I think I saw some for like $15 though who knows if they worked.

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
changing the way their floors bounce, so that people don't get tired browsing. constant harrasment from employees about "HOW CAN WE HELP YOU," and branding every sections so you have to choose between brands.
Informative. Thanks.
On bouncing floors... are people really spending so much time wandering around Bestbuy? Or is it more for fatties?

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
oh yeah...and every "branded" corners are paid by the corporations and pay monthly rent to Bestbuy. These corners are not maintained by Bestbuy either. Corporations contract it out to someone else to fix it.
Informative. Thanks.
On bouncing floors... are people really spending so much time wandering around Bestbuy? Or is it more for fatties?
average customer spends about 20 minutes

• 1Jew

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I live in upstate NY and we're dealing with a fun blizzard. 20+ inches out there so far. Coworkers with SUVs and the like called off due to the weather today, yet I could get here in my little civic without issue. Those who did come in had to work extended shifts and I had to come in early tonight because of those fuckers.

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Well, as long as he understands it, I'd like him to explain hisself.

The grocery store near me does constantly change everything. I never tried to figure out how often, but something seems to be significantly different every other week. I don't know how those high school kids keep track of where shit's been moved.

Good point about the online stores. They do something similar when they sneak in 'related items' on your searches. It's annoying to see 1/3 of my search results be for things I didn't search for, but at least it's not take-8-laps-around-the-store-before-flagging-down-an-employee annoying.

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Slightly bouncy and subtly padded floors are great - doesn't seem like much until you try

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power went out in my apartment complex. Laptop is dead. Phone has 19% battery, and the main office is closed for the day.

Everyone is walking around looking angry.

Taking bets on how long before people start murdering each other for unleavened bread.

• 1Jew
  • 1Islamic
  • 1Rustled

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
i am sick.

had the worst night of this winter.

sweating like pig

had buffet that cost me $50 but worth like $10 because the food was terrible.

• 1Jew
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled