Whats rustling your jimmies?

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Occasionally my co-worker and I will stop in at Burger King for breakfast, and every single damn time he gets pissed off that they don't have Honey. They never fucking have honey, they don't offer it for fucks sake, he just never gets it through his head.

stonewall_sl

shitlord
If your lucky enough to end up on some show where they remodel your home for free then for the love of GOD on reveal day try to say more than "wow that looks amazing" in every fucking room! How about "that rug makes the wainscoting pop." or that color sparkles in the sun."

stonewall_sl

shitlord
What the fuck is up with hair products now days! I get rustled every time I have to read 37 words to find out if its shampoo or conditioner.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sinks designed for fucking toddlers being used in adult places. Just about every damn faucet in the bathrooms at school are so short when you wash your hands they end up hitting the sink.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cannot fucking believe how god damn slow the GIF thread is. And, some how, it seems like it's getting worse. Nothing else in the whole of the interwebs is as slow.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cannot fucking believe how god damn slow the GIF thread is. And, some how, it seems like it's getting worse. Nothing else in the whole of the interwebs is as slow.
By phone, it's impossible. The internet crashes all the time on my phone.

mr208

N00b
This thread makes me uncover jimmies that I didn't even know I had. Ipsofacto - this thread rustles my jimmies.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Out of all the lanes at the grocery store, I chose the one that had slightly more people, but each person had only a handful of items. The clerk has a fucking conversation with each of them.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Gotta use those self checkouts. I almost never interact with grocery store clerks nowadays. Human interaction in general rustles my jimmies. Fortunately, between online ordering for pretty much everything and automated purchasing at retail locations (ticket machines, self-checkouts, etc.) my human interaction in non-work settings is almost 0.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Pro-tip, always pick the line with the least amount of people. It isn't the amount of items that generally slow down a check line it is the random "doesn't start filling out check till everything is rang in / doesn't know balance on EBT card / can't stop talking / oh I also have one million coupons and I can't remember which ones I'm using today / WIC transaction / I didn't write down any of the codes for my bulk food purchases" customers that slow shit down. By picking the shortest line you limit your chances of having one of those customers in front of you. You won't win line roulette every time but over your lifetime you'll save a ton of time waiting in line.

source: I spent a year checking groceries when I was in college. I would rather scrub toilets at a party-frat than do that job again.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I generally look for the most competent looking clerk. As long as her line isn't ridiculously long, I'll go there. Typically middle aged women are the best bet. Middle aged Black woman > all. If that doesn't work, I find a cute one so I can at least enjoy the scenery.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
That list from opiate82 sounds pretty bad. Pretty much none of those apply here.
Havn't seen anyone pay with a check at a register since the early 90s. Our welfare recipients gets cash, so no EBT nonsense. Coupons are pretty sparse, every other week I see someone whipping one or two. Wtf is WIC? Bulk food is prepackaged and labeled (yeah, I know, how is that bulk food?). So that leaves the odd one who wants to chat and those who dig into all of their pockets to find their change.

Jimmies unrustled.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
WIC is a program for mothers that gives them a check that allows them to buy a specific number of staple items (bread, cheese, milk etc.) and baby formula. Only certain types of those items are approved almost never do they have the correct number or type of items. Also in my area the #1 users of the WIC program were immigrant Russians who didn't speak english making it more difficult to move them through a line.

Also checks are pretty rare but if you saw an old lady over 70ish years old almost guaranteed to be a check writer (with the rest being meth-heads hoping to pass off a bad check). Old lady also has a high probability of being one of the coupon users making them the double-whammy terrible customer.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
WIC means Women and Infant Children. So, men aren't supposed to consume any of that WIC stuff.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
My ultimate check out line rustle is that most stores don't have rules for self checkout. If you are over 65 don't use self check. If you have over 20 items don't use self check. If you have your dumb reusable bags don't use self check. If you didn't graduate highschool or don't understand the concept of money and tax don't use self check. If you have kids with you don't use self check. If you have any form of payment other than a debit card or crisp new $20 bills do not use self check.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The only place I specifically don't use self-checkout is Costco. Those motherfuckers are FAST. There might only be 1 person at the self checkout, but I guarantee a cashier with 2-3 carts in the line will be faster.

I wish Costco checkers worked everywhere, the world would be a better place. No chit-chat, no BS, just scan that shit lightning fast while the 2nd person/helper flips shit around in the cart for quicker scanning.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
They took out the self-checkout at my Costco. :/ I actually enjoyed them because I'm the idiot who goes to Costco to buy one thing. I do agree that if there was any sort of line at the self-check stands it wasn't worth waiting because odds were high that the people using them would take a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out how to work the machines.

Also for self-checkout rules if you are buying alcohol don't use self checkout. Mainly because the person who needs to authorize you as being old enough is usually busy helping the 65 year old who didn't graduate high school figure out how to pay for their entire cart full of groceries with a check while her grandkids run wild.