Whats rustling your jimmies?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
As a veteran of the fast food thread, you should know by now to use the lobby instead especially when already dealing with a known dicey location.

Unless they changed the recipe, last i knew their mac n cheese was puke flavored.
Arby's has one of the best, if not the best fast food mac n cheese. It's actually good, which puts it miles above the typical puke flavored offerings at most stores.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
When I go shopping I try to place the heavy items first on the cashier conveyor belt and lighter things later so when I'm packing the heavy stuff goes in to the bags first so they don't squash the light stuff. It is now becoming increasingly common that the cashiers, instead of scanning the item closest to them (the heaviest stuff) they take things randomly from the line fucking up my packing and causing me to take longer. I just don't understand it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
When I go shopping I try to place the heavy items first on the cashier conveyor belt and lighter things later so when I'm packing the heavy stuff goes in to the bags first so they don't squash the light stuff. It is now becoming increasingly common that the cashiers, instead of scanning the item closest to them (the heaviest stuff) they take things randomly from the line fucking up my packing and causing me to take longer. I just don't understand it.
The last time I got a pizza at Safeway, I put it at the end of the conveyor so it wouldn't get crushed when the bag boy stacks everyone on top of it in the cart. Instead, he jammed it into the cart sideways, between the wall of the shopping cart and all the other shit that was in there. I'm straight-faced watching him do this and all of the cheese and pepperoni sliding off the pizza towards the downward side. I'm telling myself the whole time that I'm a big boy and have control of my anger while I'm watching this absolute dipshit pack a pizza into a shopping cart sideways.
He realizes everything slid off the pizza when he goes to put the last bag in, so he picks it up and tries to kind of shake it all back into place while side-eyeing me nervously. He mumbled "sorry about that". I don't remember if I actually said anything or not because I was trying really godamn hard to just brush it off, but I think I might have said "you'll figure it out, dude." I know I thought that because I was thinking about how shitty of a worker I was when I was 17, but don't remember if I actually said it out loud.

• 1Harrow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My day off. Mrs. Izo arranged playdates for the 9yo 45 mins drive without asking me if I'd spend my time being a chauffeur and take everyone out for dinner after the pickup. Stuffs the youngest with marshmellow before we go, vomits in the car. Now stinks worse than lavage ptt at work. It's freezing outside, vomit is in the back seats and car door. Mrs. Izo is now cleaning it up. If I smell vomit tomorrow I'm getting a divorce. Women and planning, FFS.
disney rage GIF

• 1WTF

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The last time I got a pizza at Safeway, I put it at the end of the conveyor so it wouldn't get crushed when the bag boy stacks everyone on top of it in the cart. Instead, he jammed it into the cart sideways, between the wall of the shopping cart and all the other shit that was in there. I'm straight-faced watching him do this and all of the cheese and pepperoni sliding off the pizza towards the downward side. I'm telling myself the whole time that I'm a big boy and have control of my anger while I'm watching this absolute dipshit pack a pizza into a shopping cart sideways.
He realizes everything slid off the pizza when he goes to put the last bag in, so he picks it up and tries to kind of shake it all back into place while side-eyeing me nervously. He mumbled "sorry about that". I don't remember if I actually said anything or not because I was trying really godamn hard to just brush it off, but I think I might have said "you'll figure it out, dude." I know I thought that because I was thinking about how shitty of a worker I was when I was 17, but don't remember if I actually said it out loud.
We bring our own bags when grocery shopping and I do the same thing, but it's my wife that fucks up putting stuff into bags. We bag our own stuff and it's still messed up. It's infuriating because she just shrugs it off and if I ask her to do it the way I want she gets mad. I'm the one that puts it away when we get home, so just do it....

• 1Rustled

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plumbers and HVAC been in the house for 2 hours. I'm hungry and I've got work to do. Come on guys wrap it up.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
"People" who drive through the pump section to park in the parking spots in front of the gas station.

• 1Rustled

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just realized tomorrow is a fucking federal holiday so my m&p shield wont be delivered until tuesday.

• 1Rustled

Sevens

Log Wizard
City came out to fix a water leak at my daughters meter (it was the city pipe not hers). They dig up a good patch of ground around the meter to do the work. When they are done they fill it in and go about their way. Later that day I go out to just look around and feed the local crows who hang out at her house (probably cause I feed them ). I step on the patch of ground that they had dug up and refilled and sunk half way to my knee. Ruined my brand new fuzzy slippers I just got for Christmas.

• 1Rustled

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Work and bringing people off furlough man.

So we brought two people off furlough this week, people who havent worked since last July/August. Weve had some workflow changes in our business software at work one fairly big one which impacts how they would work. Do these people's supervisors call them up to touch base with them and get them up to speed coming off furlough and make sure they remember where everything is at? Nope. Literally they just give them their login info and expect them to be able to work as if they wherent furloughed.

Non stop emails to IT from them saying they cant connect, xyz isnt working etc. Not actual IT problems, just these returning employees havent worked in 5 or so months so dont exactly remember how to connect or where xyz shortcut is. I just wanna scream at these fucking people and tell them to show some fucking common courtesy and call up your fucking subordinates and have a conversation with them getting them up to speed and making sure they understand what theyre doing.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been working on a rushed project past couple months. Hard deadline because someone decided to sell a product that we don't even have requirements for, so that date ain't changing. All of us know we're never making this on time, regardless we're still getting massive scope creep half a month from release. Team's putting in weekends, nights, taking their computer with them on their already scheduled vacations. Get a phone call tonight. Stop all work on it. The higher ups hate it and the client hates it, so they want to do something else. Apparently none of them have even looked at it until now, less than 2 weeks to release.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Scope creep should be your friend. That's when a good PM will get you more time.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Simple change to do at work. Because too many people need to justify their jobs, it's an MOC that spent months being reviewed by engineers and now I have 2 days to do it. No problem. They all assure me it's a simple change! So I'm looking at the mountain of paperwork they sent in which they basically repeated themselves 18 times and managed to never give me any useful information. So we need to control this new valve. Great. How? What makes it open, what makes it close, what makes it throttle? No mention of failsafe positions. Well fuck. OK so I have two new analog inputs too. Lets look at them. All 3 new devices have the same fucking description. No mention in any of the documentation what the ranges are on the meters or even what kind of meters they are.

What kind of engineers were finger fucking this MOC for months? Was it a bunch of civil engineers? Had to be civil engineers. That's the only kind of engineer with the gall to give you a spec that says "Make it work" without telling you what it's supposed to do or how.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Old high school friend I grew distant from partly because he went paranoid schizo and would flake when i tried to meet with him.

Some new breakdown and was paying about his kids not being his and in with his wife against him and the media is telling his story / random crazy. But mentioned going to off himself at a rental range.

So spent my morning reporting him and sending his photo to the ranges near him.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users