Whats rustling your jimmies?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Me and my wife basically never eat out. Every time I help someone with a divorce and I see their finances they have many (like 8-10 per month) $400-500 dinners out... and these are people who make $500k+ per year.

Same people fly first class, take 6-7 big trips a year.. and have basically fuck all for assets. How do you make $500k+/yr and have less than $100k in the bank?
Johnny Depp was spending millions on wine.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me and my wife basically never eat out. Every time I help someone with a divorce and I see their finances they have many (like 8-10 per month) $400-500 dinners out... and these are people who make $500k+ per year.

Same people fly first class, take 6-7 big trips a year.. and have basically fuck all for assets. How do you make $500k+/yr and have less than $100k in the bank?
On the plus side, if they don’t have fuck all for assets they don’t need much help splitting them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mandriana

We would go out for things that we can't (equipment needed, or lack of skill) really make all that well at home.
Sushi, Poke, East Indian, or more expensive cuts and type of steaks, etc.

But nothing in the amounts your listing. Maybe 200-400 a month eating out (but not anymore) and we'd take maybe one vacation a year, during a seat sale, using credit card points and companion vouchers, and once every 3 to 5 years on an extensive trip outside of North America. Never first class.

Our house will be paid off in about 5 years (I'll be 49 then) we already own our vehicles (no payments), and the wife will be retiring 10 years early (55), and we don't make anywhere near 500k a year. But like you, it baffles me how people can be so retarded with their finances.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We would go out for things that we can't (equipment needed, or lack of skill) really make all that well at home.
Sushi, Poke, East Indian, or more expensive cuts and type of steaks, etc.

But nothing in the amounts your listing. Maybe 200-400 a month eating out (but not anymore) and we'd take maybe one vacation a year, during a seat sale, using credit card points and companion vouchers, and once every 3 to 5 years on an extensive trip outside of North America. Never first class.

Our house will be paid off in about 5 years (I'll be 49 then) we already own our vehicles (no payments), and the wife will be retiring 10 years early (55), and we don't make anywhere near 500k a year. But like you, it baffles me how people can be so retarded with their finances.
Get into the Finance arena and then you will truly understand how financially illiterate Americans are. It's mind-numbing.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Get into the Finance arena and then you will truly understand how financially illiterate Americans are. It's mind-numbing.

Eating fast food that's door dashed every day while only working 16 hours a week at Starbucks is a human right you bigot!

• 3Let's Go Brandon!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having someone prepare your food for you daily and having a lackey bring it to you was once the privilege of the wealthy. For all the shitting people do on 1%-ers they sure like to live like one.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People who put shit away like this

20230928_083616.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Frigidaire. Been having problems with my electric range since I bought it, tech has been out multiple times after "fixing" it. When they need to order parts they have to ship it to me but they don't give me tracking so the tech has come out before and had no parts. Such a shit company to deal with.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Frigidaire. Been having problems with my electric range since I bought it, tech has been out multiple times after "fixing" it. When they need to order parts they have to ship it to me but they don't give me tracking so the tech has come out before and had no parts. Such a shit company to deal with.
Did you not know that was the brand for renters? Have to at least step up to Whirlpool.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Did you not know that was the brand for renters? Have to at least step up to Whirlpool.
Ya now I know. If I gotta replace this POS I will prolly get GE. Mainly got this one for the hidden bake element.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Today's thing to piss me off.... long after release editing of lyrics on the radio. Case in point, the classical masterpiece "Jump Around" by the composer "House of Pain".

In a song where the lead is openly talking about killing people he doesn't like with a shotgun that's all fine... but they clip out the word.... "hoes"

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Ive got one in the opposite direction.

It rustles my jimmies when we pick some great 80s or 90s movie to introduce to our kids, then we sit down and watch it, and its full of fucking foul language. I'm like I don't remember this!

Apparently all that shit was edited out in the TV versions I saw originally, but apparently no foul language is edited out of fucking anything now.

There should be a "make this kid-appropriate" check box built in just like CC.

• 1Solidarity

Kirsie

Lord Nagafen Raider

It rustles my jimmies when we pick some great 80s or 90s movie to introduce to our kids, then we sit down and watch it, and its full of fucking foul language. I'm like I don't remember this!

Apparently all that shit was edited out in the TV versions I saw originally, but apparently no foul language is edited out of fucking anything now.

The 80s and 90s were brought to you by boomer parents who didn't give a fuck what we were doing as long as we were outside until the street lights came on, and then were promptly back at the house. They didn't even know there was foul language in half the shit we watched and listened to, because we weren't allowed to come home unless someone broke a bone or was bleeding profusely (and budget theaters were cheap enough for us to go to with pocket change from the jobs we started as soon as, if not before, it was legal for us to do so).

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Video Angel did that, got sued into the grave and resurrected as Angel Studios. the TL:DR of the suits were:

Hollywood "You cant do this! it violates our copyright! bla bla! you are stealing, we did not give you express permission to do this"

Angel "Every single TV studio that broadcasted a TV-freindly movie or show, got your permission to "Edit it", beyond paying for the distribution rights, that we have done?"

Hollywood "YOUR EVIL CHRISTIANS"

Judge bangs gavel

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Video Angel did that, got sued into the grave and resurrected as Angel Studios. the TL:DR of the suits were:

Hollywood "You cant do this! it violates our copyright! bla bla! you are stealing, we did not give you express permission to do this"

Angel "Every single TV studio that broadcasted a TV-freindly movie or show, got your permission to "Edit it", beyond paying for the distribution rights, that we have done?"

Hollywood "YOUR EVIL CHRISTIANS"

Judge bangs gavel

hah. We have a christian video store near us that edited everything too. It sounded terrible to me so I never even went inside. But I do know they lasted longer than the blockbuster and the hollywood video down the street.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
hah. We have a christian video store near us that edited everything too. It sounded terrible to me so I never even went inside. But I do know they lasted longer than the blockbuster and the hollywood video down the street.
Probably church funded lol