Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From Brandon Sanderson's Facebook.

79oVi.jpg

79oVi.jpg

79oVi.jpg

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day# 18:

Fortuona ignored her, standing. "This woman is my new Soe'feia. Holy woman, she who may not be touched. We have been blessed. Let it be known."

Day #18. Now that spoiler tags are functional I'll post days 4 onwards. Today's tidbit is very, very interesting. Who is the "she" that is being referenced?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
bet it is the exinnkeep woman that went with matt- the former burned out aes sedai.

i cannot think of her name off hand...damn i am going to have to look it up

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day #19:

"What did you do to your eye?"
"A little accident with a corkscrew and thirteen angry innkeepers."

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
all the daily sentence snips for those people that are not getting any of the tidbit sentences

1: "It had been useful at Maradon. Nobody knew he had it. That was important."

2: "I should like to hear one of your stories. Perhaps you could tell me of the time your father and you visited Shara?"

3: "Being married is not so bad, Perrin. Why didn't you tell me it was not so bad? I think I am rather fond of it."

4: "Pass his bond to me."

5: "Creator shelter us," she whispered.

Mat scowled. "You know, that's what Tuon said."

6: The right thing had always seemed clear to Galad before, but never had it felt as right as this. Those streaks of light were like indicators on a map, arrows pointing his way. The Light itself guided him. It had prepared him, placed him here at this moment.

7: "Nobody travels the Ways," Ituralde said, aghast.

8: Egwene strode around a frozen pillar of glass in her dream. It almost looked like a column of light. What did it mean? She could not interpret it.

9: The letter was written in Mat's hand. And, Elayne noticed with amusement, the handwriting was much neater and the spelling much better in this one than the one he'd sent her weeks ago.

10: "And farewell to you, old friend," she said to the air. "Until I dream again."

11: "One more thing, the marath'damane..."

"I'll deal with those channelers personally," Mat said.

She gawked at him as if he were insane.

12: "Enough talk. You will bed me now."

13: "We must spread the word to all of our allies," Amys said. "We must not use this weave."

14: That, she replied back, is something one should never, never say to an Aes Sedai. Ever.

15: ?It is a simple thing, to stop a man?s heart,? Cadsuane said, arms folded.

16: "Do not cut off your foot for fear that a snake will bite it, Perrin Aybara. Do not make a terrible mistake because you fear something that seems worse. This is all I will say on the topic."

17: "It is one of the three things which I will require of you. Your payment, to me, in exchange for my life."

18: Fortuona ignored her, standing. "This woman is my new Soe'feia. Holy woman, she who may not be touched. We have been blessed. Let it be known."

Day 19: "What did you do to your eye?"
"A little accident with a corkscrew and thirteen angry innkeepers."

Loki_sl

shitlord
This book cannot come out soon enough. I've been reading this series for such a long time...to think that it will all be over in less than a month is exciting and saddening at the same time.

p.s. These little snippets are fucking killing me. I really need to stop reading them

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day#20:

As Tam attacked again, Rand lifted the sword and-

Day#21:

And you don't feel a small measure of pride? Egwene asked herself. Rand al'Thor, once simple village boy and your near-betrothed, now the most powerful man in the world? You don't feel proud of what he's done?

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
So Sanderson is coming to sign books the day after release. I know I should thus buy a copy from the retailer there but that would mean waiting a day to start reading. Would buying at another Barnes and Noble and bringing the receipt to the signing count?

Been stuck onThe Path of Daggersfor like 2 years. I devoured the first 7 books in quick succession, but for some reason I've never been able to get past this one. Really wanna know how my boy Lan is doing!

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Been stuck onThe Path of Daggersfor like 2 years. I devoured the first 7 books in quick succession, but for some reason I've never been able to get past this one. Really wanna know how my boy Lan is doing!
He got the cliffhanger scene in the last book, Towers of Midnight.

That's not a good thing.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I imagine not everyone survives, but the last King of Malkier getting axed doesn't strike me as something that would happen. Robert Jordan didn't seem particularly bloodthirsty, and he also never seemed like the type who would kill off important characters just to create "emotion" or "because someone important had to die" so I don't see Sanderson suddenly doing that.

I mean, that's mostly conjecture, but he strikes me as the Aragorn of WOT; he'll need to be around to settle his people once the last battle is done. Mat or Perrin dying is far more likely; they're both married, they've found their way in life, had their revelations etc...they could go out in a blaze of glory and it would feel like a honorable death. (Granted, this does apply to Lan since it's his oath but I just don't see it.) Also, wasn't it said that rand would die to save the world?

I think Rand/Lan dying is unlikely, because one or both of them biting it spells doom for either Nynaeve or the other three girls. Unless:

That snippet saying "Pass me his bond" is another Aes Sedai accepting the soul crushing despair one feels when their Warder dies? The key characters are all romantically linked to their bonds, so that would be tricky. We'll see.

Fuck this wait though! Been waiting forever.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I think Rand/Lan dying is unlikely,
Rand, seriously? I thought it was like a foregone conclusion. Tons of prophecy + mins visions about him dying, although that might seem a little obvious. I don't see him living happily ever after with his harem though, especially given the vision she had of his body being tended by 3 women, Arthurian style. Not to mention the whole Rand/Jesus parallel.

I remember way back when I first read the books, back around book 4/5/6, I had a theory that Rand was going to use Callandor to summon a massive blast of balefire, channeling enough to destroy himself but blasting the Dark One out of existence so far back into the past that the events ever since the Age of Legends and War of Shadow are undone, and the entire world is altered to be like one of the alternate worlds they see through the portal stones, one where the DO was never released and the age is entirely different. He'd have died to save humanity, but then be alive again because it all never happened. Would be interesting if that did happen just to see the fan reaction, but I don't think it's a serious possibility giving all the prophecy/foreshadowing in the books since then.

Fuck, talking about this makes me wanna bunk down and read the Sanderson books in the series before AMOL comes out.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
One of the prevailing theories is that Rand will die but kick Ishmael's soul out of the Moridin body and come back with that. As far as other deaths go, we know Mat is safe because there was talk when TGS came out of a sequel series with him and Tuon sailing around the world and getting into trouble. After that, Sanderson decided to hunker down on his own series so he stated that he won't write it, and I doubt Harriet Jordan would want it made with anyone else.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I think I'd honestly prefer he die saving the world than getting off the hook with something as cheesy as that, although it makes sense with the build up to the whole 'link' between the two (only read up to 10 or 11 so not sure where that went afterwards). A Mat sequel with Tuon in it would be about as much fun as a bachelor party where everyone brings their girlfriends and wives, imo. Maybe it would make for a few good short stories? As prolific as Sanderson is, I'm sure he could squeeze it in between books.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Rand, seriously? I thought it was like a foregone conclusion. Tons of prophecy + mins visions about him dying, although that might seem a little obvious. I don't see him living happily ever after with his harem though, especially given the vision she had of his body being tended by 3 women, Arthurian style. Not to mention the whole Rand/Jesus parallel.

I remember way back when I first read the books, back around book 4/5/6, I had a theory that Rand was going to use Callandor to summon a massive blast of balefire, channeling enough to destroy himself but blasting the Dark One out of existence so far back into the past that the events ever since the Age of Legends and War of Shadow are undone, and the entire world is altered to be like one of the alternate worlds they see through the portal stones, one where the DO was never released and the age is entirely different. He'd have died to save humanity, but then be alive again because it all never happened. Would be interesting if that did happen just to see the fan reaction, but I don't think it's a serious possibility giving all the prophecy/foreshadowing in the books since then.

Fuck, talking about this makes me wanna bunk down and read the Sanderson books in the series before AMOL comes out.
Yea I did say I remembered that prophecy and Min's viewings all say he dies, but it just seems fucking harsh if he does, and it seems too obvious. IE, so many things telling us he's going to croak, him preparing himself for and accepting death etc. There are so many women bonded to him that when/if he dies there's going to be some serious emo-ness going on. I mean, it's obviously entirely possible, I just don't know. Seems fucking brutal.

I also want to say there's something to Min figuring out the one prophecy surrounding Callandor, how there's like a third use for it no one is sure about, or no one has thought about. This is also entirely possible my hope that one series I'm reading ends nicely. My soul is bare after The Mistborn and Game of Thrones man. I CAN'T TAKE ALL THE UPHEAVALS.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rand and Lan -should- both die, if we are to take what has been shown via visions. Wasn't there a vision/dream/something where Nyn is show to be grieving over a grave? This does bother me though, since we all assume that Nyn will one of the two ladies to help Rand use Callandor, yet I cannot see her sticking around with Rand while Lan is dying.

Also, about Tuon's new advisor, it cannot be Avila, since she can channel, and I highly doubt someone who can channel would ever be in that type of position.