Wheel of Time series

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Day#24:

"There were many good years. Good decades, good centuries. We believed we were living in paradise. Perhaps that was our downfall. We wanted our lives to be perfect, so we ignored imperfections. Problems were magnified through inattention, and war might have become inevitable if the Bore hadn't ever been made."
Sounds like Rand talking to the rulers of the world at the Field of Merrilor about what's to be done after the Last Battle.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Certainly sounds like Rand. I'm half way though Winter's Heart. I can remember why I stopped re-reading the series.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
It's 90% audiobooks for me these days. If I'm in the car, I'm listening to an audiobook.
I've been getting into Audible over the past year or so since I have a 1+hr commute each way...

Can Wolfen or anyone else recommend this series on Audible? The narrator doesn't sound that great, but I could say the same of other narrators that I've come to like the more I listen to them.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I've been getting into Audible over the past year or so since I have a 1+hr commute each way...

Can Wolfen or anyone else recommend this series on Audible? The narrator doesn't sound that great, but I could say the same of other narrators that I've come to like the more I listen to them.
I think the audiobooks are great. A man reads the "man" chapters and a woman reads for the women. I think they do a great job. I couldn't have finished all the books without the audiobooks.

Nite

Trakanon Raider
The male narrator is great, one of my favorites actually (same guy who reads Mistborn series and Way of Kings). The female narrator is ok.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Do they use the matching gender narrator for different dialogue? Always wondered that about audio books.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Do they use the matching gender narrator for different dialogue? Always wondered that about audio books.
no, they change only for different chapters. compared to other audiobooks WoT isnt that great, the male voice is better than the female though, so it's probably a good thing so many chapters are from a male perspective. (offtopic: if you want to listen to a really great audiobook get the black tower (stephen king), imho it's one of the best)

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Sounds like Rand talking to the rulers of the world at the Field of Merrilor about what's to be done after the Last Battle.
Sounds more to me like one of the Forsaken talking about the world before the Dark One was found, they are talking about the time before the Bore was made, and that was done by Lanfear back in the Age of Legends

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Well, the apocalypse has been avoided in new Zealand so far, which was my biggest worry for interfering with reading A Memory of Light.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have jury duty the day before this comes out...this could turn out horribly...
You could skip Jury duty. Forsake your honorable duty as a part of a body of peers to convict/free someone.

My favourite parts so far:

Towers of Midnight - Perrin unravelling Egween's spells in Tel'aran'rhiod and then blocking balefire and brushing her comment aside as if every child knows that. Epic. Just epic. A mere blacksmith with yellow eyes, hands down making The Amirlyn Seat look like a schoolgirl :p
Dragon Reborn - Mat, half sick beating the shit out of Galad and Gawyn.

And yes, for me, Mat is also like the best chapter guy ever
smile.png
Ever since he went through that 2nd gateway and came back hanging from a tree, filled holes and all... killing Couladin and some other wonderful stuff. Band of Red Hand, marrying Daugther of the Nine Moons.. epic.

Can't wait for A memory of Light.

smile.png

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Perrin was my favorite when I first started reading the series. The premise behind his abilities were really cool when I was a kid, but then he started getting pussified thanks to Faile. But Matt carried me through those books, until the Towers of Midnight and Perrin had finally redeemed himself in my eyes. I just related to Perrin more in the beginning, so he was my favorite for a long while. Matt for the longest time after his fight in the Tower was the funnest of the three guys to read.

So glad that we get to finally see this series end, after the last sixteen years of reading the books. Now I just wish for an animated, high quality, series based on it. As well as an RPG in the vein of KotOR.

Also, wasn't there rumors a year or so ago that a t.v. studio or something was interested in making this into a series?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Just started reading Eye of the World for my final re-read through the whole thing. It will probably be a year before I get to MoL, but fuck it, it's my final salute to Jordan. The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day#18:

"But this . . . this isn't about blacksmithing, Perrin . . ."
"Of course it is," Perrin said. How could Rand not see that?

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Day#29:

?Didn?t you once lead a band of thieves out of this forest??
Birgitte grimaced. ?I was hoping you hadn?t heard that one.?

Day#30:

Rand strode forward, lifting his arms out to the sides. Grass sprouted in waves, red blossoms burst from the ground like a blush upon the land. The storm stilled, the dark clouds burned away by light.

A joyful song, a song of awe and wonder, though she could not understand the words.

Day #30....guess it answers a long standing question....