Wheel of Time series

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'm pretty sure most of them will survive. I mean come on, he couldn't even leave Moiraine dead. Though he'll probably make a token effort and kill one or two (my guess is Mat).

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I'm pretty sure most of them will survive. I mean come on, he couldn't even leave Moiraine dead. Though he'll probably make a token effort and kill one or two (my guess is Mat).
Won't be Mat, jordon talked about novels involving him after the last battle.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I've always had the feeling that when RJ wrote Nynaeve, he was writing about his wife. Would be pretty hilarious if the bitch gets it in the end.

Azrayne

For some reason whenever I read the books I can't help but picture Nynaeve as an old woman. I know she's supposed to be in her 20's and kinda hot, but with the way she acts she's seared into my mind as a bitter, hunchbacked old spinster, I try to remember her as she's supposed to be but it just doesn't work.

Actually her being based on his wife would make sense, even Jordan couldn't be stupid enough to not write his wife as being hot. And it would explain a 'lot' about his views on women.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure Gawyn will bite it. The foreshadowing with him taking those three super-saiyan-suicide-rings is quite obvious.

Azrayne

Poor Egwene
frown.png
She actually grew on me towards the end, even if she was super bitchy towards Gawyn.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Gawyn's been a whiny prick since book 3 and has managed to make Galad be the likable one...Egwene could do much better for herself.

9veh

Trakanon Raider
No Kindle edition until April I believe... which is a shame as others have mentioned earlier in the thread.
I was planning on bringing this book on a winter beach vacation.. but not going to drag along a kilogram of hardcover
smile.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Per TOR/Harriet decision(stupid decision imo)the Ebook Version will not be out until APRIL 9, 2013

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I think Harriet is just old school. Just as George Lucas thought DVD/Bluray or whatever was too prone to be pirated, she's probably in the mindset the best way to generate alot of sales is via hard cover.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait no goddamn eBook... Rage time, i read everything digital now, I'll buy the hard copy to have, but this pissed me off.

Azrayne

I think Harriet is just old school. Just as George Lucas thought DVD/Bluray or whatever was too prone to be pirated, she's probably in the mindset the best way to generate alot of sales is via hard cover.
Didn't someone say that ebooks don't contribute to the NYT bestseller list or something, and that's why she did it?

I'm not bothered either way, I'll probably buy a hard copy then pirate it if I want to reread it down the road, like I did with ADWD.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's ebook/combined/whatever NYT bestseller lists. Multiple ones.

It's probably more the "Hey, we are selling hardcovers for like $40 fuckin' dollars. Those nerds are going to buy it no matter how much they bitch and moan. Fuck giving them a cheaper option right off the bat" route. It's like how movies sell less tickets now but make more money because of 3D ticket prices.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I always have a material copy of any book series I follow/like, then a digital copy. Just makes it easier; I've been rereading wheel of time in the bath etc off of my nook app on my phone, and I would never take a hardcover near water. Little sad that they're doing this, but there's no way I'm waiting for someone to make a copy or until April. This is practically the culmination of the start of my love of fantasy novels from middle school - I fully plan on making hot chocolate, grabbing my snuggie and sitting for hours reading.

I have a wow raid that I'll probably skip for it too; the final battle cannot be paused!