When does laziness cross the line into depression?

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Psych is great. All the shit and piss of a medical floor, then add in a little jizz, blood and puke. If I didn't work in psychiatry, I wouldn't have the story about the guy who believes he has an invisible tube connecting his anus to Jet Li's anus, which is where he derives his kung fu power.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
we all have our fair shares of ups and downs in life, even myself

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ADHD has been the en vogue diagnosis du jour for a while now. Adderall, along with Xanax, is one of the most abused medications on the market. Most people I've seen taking Adderall don't meet DSM- V criteria for ADHD, which, aside from narcolepsy, is the only FDA approved use. It has not been determined through studies if stimulants actually improve mood symptoms or just cause euphoria. On a neurochemical level, anhedonia is typically linked to dopaminergic pathways in the brain. Typically, these symptoms respond well to augmentation with something like buproprion or Abilify, if not psychotherapy.

It impossible to know what medication and treatment is appropriate for the OP (if it is even necessary) but I get the impression he is suffering from some of the late-20's normlessness a lot of people experience when they aren't sure where life is going and what life has in store for them.

Everything you said is pretty accurate. Sometimes I make good posts, followed by bad posts.

Although we probably disagree on some technical interpretations of ADHD. There are two or three major accepted models of it, I believe. DSM-V or not. But I don't disagree its overprescribed.

There is also bias that I failed to disclose, there. My doctor was an Adderall guy, he believed in the science that an overall lack of sustained dopamine level is the cause which is also the model that Big Pharma taught in the earliest marketing packages.

I obtained my prescription from someone who was prescribed themselves, without workup of DSM calibur being necessary. I'm grateful for it, as in a capitalist world I'll take every advantage I can get. Nobody is supposed to hand you anything and you're supposed to make your own bones. Its cutthroat, and Adderall is one of the modern tools of the trade where I'm from. I might owe my life to it.

It absolutely doesn't work for everyone for reasons that can only be speculated on. For example, dextroamphetamine can make some people sleepy. My doctor declined dextro in favor of the mixed salts.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Have you tried fucking 20-something, drug-addled street-whores? I've read that it adds some adventure to your life.

Seriously, I've been in a funk with my work situation for a while. Pay is really good but there are some organizational issues that have taken me to I don't-give-a-shit territory. I've been trying to create a solution by getting a new business going on the side and have some leads but it has been slow going.

In short, I think you have to 1) Compartmentalize the shit. 2) Acknowledge that is shit. 3) Realize that however difficult your life is, it is probably much easier, happier and more prosperous than your ancestors. 4) Find meaning and happiness in other areas while looking for solutions for planting roses in the shit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have you tried fucking 20-something, drug-addled street-whores? I've read that it adds some adventure to your life.

Well on a more serious note, short of a bang maid, someone mentioned locating a high quality Asian massage parlor.

They take good care of their regulars, and if all you are doing is working, eating, sleeping, repeat shitty job the next day-- well I'd start looking, right now. You might want to research protocol first, but since most parlors are legit, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It sounds ridiculous, but this gives you some meaningful activity in your life outside of watching Netflix in your spare time. I highly recommend consideration on it, and massage itself is also highly beneficial to an overworked depressed fool.