Which computer chair do you use? Needs to be poopsock viable

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I bought this for my office at work, on their dime in case it sucked. It arrived today and is fantastic. Several people sat in it and they were all impressed, one person immediately bought it for their home office. Very thick cushion, very heavy duty, I’m really impressed this is under $300.

The only negative I see is the arm rests move left and right easily, but I have them in the outer most configuration and have mem foam pads I put on them that makes them wider and softer (I do this on all chairs) so this isn’t a negative for me. If I needed them to be closer I’d need to figure out some way to make them stay that way. They also have large angle adjustment so even if they’re all the way out you could angle them in and be fine, the angle adjustment is very solid and doesn’t move easily like the side to side. The forward and backward adjustment is also very solid and doesn’t move easily.

It’s the Colamy Atlas if you don’t want to watch the video.

I've been in the market for a new office chair for awhile now but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I'm willing to give this chair a chance for the price. I'm not picky, hell I'm still using the $75 office max chair I got in like 2000.

Anyways, did you buy it from their website or Amazon? I noticed the models are different even though they look the same.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've been in the market for a new office chair for awhile now but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg. I'm willing to give this chair a chance for the price. I'm not picky, hell I'm still using the $75 office max chair I got in like 2000.

Anyways, did you buy it from their website or Amazon? I noticed the models are different even though they look the same.
For some reason Amazon has multiple models when you go to the link and swipe through the “color” options. You want the Atlas, which is this one. $279. I got mine from Amazon because I get 5% off, easy returns, free shipping.

IMG_3489.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone try Temu for computer chairs? I'm looking for a new computer chair myself.
Haven’t ever looked at that site so I went and checked. I enjoyed that their slogan is “Shop like a billionaire” but it opens the website with a spinning chance wheel to get discounts. Yeah I’m sure that’s how billionaires shop, lmao

IMG_3496.jpeg

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody have good recommendations for the best "seat" in the business? I've tried a Titan and the above Colamy. While both were decent, I still get tailbone area pain after an hour or two of sitting. The Titan was better in that regard, but still pretty "meh".

I think I remember hearing in either this thread or another one we had on the topic that the Gesture has a really comfortable seat? Or maybe it was the Leap?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The Leap seat padding is actually pretty thin if anything. The Gesture is supposed to have the better seat. I tried Steelcase's Amia about a year back and really loved the seat, it was definitely plusher than the Leap - but I was turned off by immediate squeaking and the lack of back support.

It's not my favorite chair, but at work I never notice my butt hurting in my Aeron.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't like my embody.

The only advantage is it fits my living room much better than a secret lab

Siliconemelons

My favorite chair was when mesh chairs started… it had a big wide thick foam bottom, basic arms that up down forward etc, a basic lumbar and it was full tall back with a huge foam head rest … it took me through years of EQ… my wife made me throw it away… never found a chair near its comfort since… may try hat atlas

Siliconemelons

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Over priced and not comfortable. Doesn't feel luxury

Any deviation from perfect posture seating position isn't comfy
Why not just squat on a folding chair when you aren’t standing at your desk?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Dunno really, there are tons - so i am sure like chairs ya gotta try a few.

Like this type https://www.coccyx.org/coping/cushions.htm

Not normal ring donut cushions but the ones with the cutout in the back.

These guys have a lot Innovative Ergonomic Memory Foam Pillows & Bedding | Cushion Lab
I have one of these, it works really well for me.

Pressure Relief Seat Cushion, Seat Cushions for Office Chairs, Sciatica Pain Relief Pillow, Tailbone Pain Relief Cushion, Gel Seat Cushion, Desk Chair Cushion, Car Seat Cushions for Driving​

• 1Like

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
My work has Steelcase Leap V2s, and if I have to go in office a lot I get butt pain.

At home I have a refurbed Herman Miller Aeron C, and it's great, since I probably spent like 12 hours a day in it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My work has Steelcase Leap V2s, and if I have to go in office a lot I get butt pain.

At home I have a refurbed Herman Miller Aeron C, and it's great, since I probably spent like 12 hours a day in it.
My only complaint about the Leaps.