White House Petition To Remove Day Light Savings Time

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You are fucking terrible at math and your "customers" pay too fucking much. DST moves one springtime hour of bar time to fall. There is nothing extra about it.
nope, the bars don't close early in Spring. just get the extra hour in the Fall. nice try dingleberry.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
booze=hard liquor.
beer=beer
PA is a state licensed liquor state; which means even beer requires a license. It's not sold in convenience stores or super markets. The only place to buy it is in bars, or specific stores called "beer distributors" which are also legally required to close at certain times. (Hard liquors also have their own stores.) I've personally never seen a Beer distributor opened past 11; so I imagine there is some law that forces them to close down even before the bars do.

So, nope. No beer past a certain hour. Heck, up until 99 or about, there was no beer on Sundays even. PA has some really strict licensing laws for alcohol.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in jersey you cant buy beer or hard liquor outside of a bar or liquor store either. but our bars stay open til 2-4 am depending the county/town laws. but in ny and other states i visited in new england you can usually buy a case of brewskis at a 7/11 or bodega whenever the hell you feel like it. hard liquor you still gotta buy from the bar/liquor store.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maryland its 2 AM last call and 6 AM I think is the earliest to start selling again. West Virginia last I knew went all the way to 4 AM and then restart at 6 AM, that measly two hours is the shortest I've encountered. Delaware seems to be 1 AM last call as well, and Ithinkthey might also not resume sales until 9 AM, but not sure.

Also astr0, its not just buying it at a bar or liquor store, but in PA you literally can't buy hard liquor by the bottle unless its a county store. Private places might have beer/wine but no liquor. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) There's still a lot of places like that, and sometimes the county/state will let private joints sell liquor by the bottle but they buy it first from the county/state and then have to mark it up to make money, so its way more expensive than private stores buying direct from a distributor. Yet the private stores exist because the cheaper government stores keep banker's hours so if its after five and you want that bottle of whiskey you're paying the extra cash for it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fuck your extra hour of sunlight, it's too damned hot as it is. Fight global warming by canceling DST.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You homos back east have some really stupid fucking alcohol laws. I bet you tards cant buy cars on sunday either.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I have no idea why here in MN you still can't buy booze/beer on Sundays at all. My guess is that it has something to do with religion. As for the gas stations/grocery stores, they only sell 3.2 beer and the bars close at 2am. (was 1am until about 10 years ago). F

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
You homos back east have some really stupid fucking alcohol laws. I bet you tards cant buy cars on sunday either.
Oh Utah.
frown.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember blue laws as a child, but they seem to have been all but eradicated in the NE/mid Atlantic. I don't think most car dealerships are open on Sunday but I figure that has more to do with actually giving them a day off than anything else at this point. Seems like a better day to sell cars than Monday or Tuesday in a way though, but not sure how that would work with banks not being open for financing.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
It's obnoxious. If you go to Iowa, you'll find liquor everywhere regardless of the day (Hy-Vee, Target, etc.). But, in Minnesota, you'll only find it in bars and restaurants on Sunday. For awhile, or it's poorly enforced, it was Sunday after 10am.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't know what the cut-off is in south Florida, if there even is one. I seem to recall like 2am or something when I was in my early 20's. Now I'm old enough that I usually have plenty of beer and liquor stocked up and rarely have to go get any at odd hours.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know what the cut-off is in south Florida, if there even is one. I seem to recall like 2am or something when I was in my early 20's. Now I'm old enough that I usually have plenty of beer and liquor stocked up and rarely have to go get any at odd hours.
if you have female guests there is always one of those difficult bitches who wants some obscure chick drink that would make a man curl up and die if he drank it.