Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I press the power button, all 4 lights flash and it doesn't actually power on. Then I have to go into controller setup and pair/sync it, and it works.

spronk

FPS noob
i think i had to boot into sysnand, pair the pro, then boot into rednand/CFW and re-pair for it to "stay paired". but yeah I had the same problem too, every boot the pro would not be paired

Vorph

Ahh ok, that would make sense. I never actually bothered to pair it in sysNAND so I guess it could be screwing up the Bluetooth before Haxchi loads.

spronk

FPS noob
btw the "official" eShop BOTW (EUR) update is different than the torrent version, so if you are playing the euro version may wanna redownload with uTik and install it. I just did a windiff and like 50 files were different, with the eShop version being more recent. still, if you are USA may as well just wait now like 15 hours and it should be downloadable on USA eshop

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Installing now. I'm fucking dumb. Install wasn't in root dir.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

btw the "official" eShop BOTW (EUR) update is different than the torrent version, so if you are playing the euro version may wanna redownload with uTik and install it. I just did a windiff and like 50 files were different, with the eShop version being more recent.
Is it bigger? The actual day one patch was supposed to be 3GB, but the update torrent that was ripped from the physical disc was only like 2.2GB.

I'm too far in to start over, so I'm just going to stick with the EUR version.

Vorph

Guess I'll switch to the USA version after all. Saves are compatible and region free, you just need to dump them with saviine, delete the EUR game, change the titleid to the USA version (by renaming the folder to 00050000-101C9400 when you copy it into the inject directory), install USA game, and then inject the saves.

Siliconemelons

got it going, thanks all - the guide i think still has some extra steps...but its set up for a complete hack, i just wanted to get the ability to download games from the SD to the usb/exthdd or internal memory.

thanks again

Siliconemelons

bah...guess one more stupid quest... I downloaded the patch for zeldabotw - i have 2 folders now - do I go in and install each of them? or do i copy the patch over and into the main game folder before i install it into the wiiu?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Are you using uTik and WUP installer? If so, just install the main game folder and then the update in WUP installer.

spronk

FPS noob
bah...guess one more stupid quest... I downloaded the patch for zeldabotw - i have 2 folders now - do I go in and install each of them? or do i copy the patch over and into the main game folder before i install it into the wiiu?

you install both of them, order doesn't matter. Just copy both BOTW folders - one should be called "The Legend of Zelda_Breath of the Wild (USA)" and the other "The Legend of Zelda_Breath of the Wild (USA) Update v33" (folder names don't matter but each should be in its own folder) - into the sd card /install folder, put the card into your wii u, run WUP Installer Mod Y, you should see Update v33 in the middle text area, press + to "select all", then I think X to install to USB drive. It'll install the update then the game, order doesn't matter, takes like a fucking hour. after its done delete the contents from the /install folder so you don't accidently reinstall the game next time you copy something over.

Siliconemelons

Yup thanks, did the install of them and its running- yay!

Anything that does not say "FakeSign" it seems you dont have to run the haxua thing before it will run them or it gives an error about the account - but BOTW just runs straight out.

Now to get a USB to toss in there as I am now out of space on my wiiu memory lol.

Thank you all for the help, wife and I are excited to get started with the new Zelda... I wanna bumrush to the last boss and get crushed horrifically!

Vorph

Well the Zelda season pass item DLCs are up for USA now, so if you want to download and use those, you need to run Haxchi every time. I just do that anyway. The whole point of redNAND is to protect your sysNAND from anything that could brick the console. If you aren't running Haxchi->Mocha CFW then you're using sysNAND.

Crone

Goal this weekend is to hack the 3ds! Have a new job and will be traveling a lot for the first 6 months. Toss up between gaming laptop or the 3ds to bring with me. 3ds if hacked, might win out.

So couple minor things I've already ran into... not a good sign I suppose...

For the 3DS, how big of an SD does it require? None of the guides say it needs something huge, but I have no idea. I've got the 4gb one that came with the 3DS, and wanted to use just that for now. New one is on the way from Amazon though.

Also, when I try and go to the eShop, it won't let me go there without a system update. I don't want to update my system, as then I won't be able to get CFW on it, at least that's my understanding. So with CFW installed, I assume I'll then be able to go to the eShop to get games?

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Started dumping nand before heading to the bar. Will finish up later, but think something is up needs because launching Homebrew Launcher app seems to lock the WiiU.