Wii U and 3DS jailbreak

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Just got an email coupon for $15 off eBay purchases that accept PayPal... if anyone's thinking about getting the WiiU deal check your email for this.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I did my 3ds last weekend. Once I realized what freeshop was I just could not fucking believe it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty cool, finally did the WiiU. I'm a little disappointed by the lame list of games though, most of what I see are old stuff, with some new ones.

Bayonetta 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade and Xenoblade X so far. Anything obscure but good I might be missing?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
TMS#FE is easily the best game I've played on the system so far. Definitely decensor it though.

Fatal Frame 5 is pretty good if you're a fan of the series.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I got my New 3DS all done and broken..

Downloaded Ocarina of Time 3D, Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem (both games), Dragon Quest 7 & 8..

What essential games am I missing?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I need to try the 3DS hack again. It wasn't working for me. I kept playing that "audio" file and it never did shit.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>

Downloaded Ocarina of Time 3D, Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Fire Emblem (both games), Dragon Quest 7 & 8..

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

spronk

FPS noob
I need to try the 3DS hack again. It wasn't working for me. I kept playing that "audio" file and it never did shit.

if you let your system upgrade to 11.3 it won't work, it has to be running 11.2 or lower

I found the instructions confusing too, you have to first copy over those set of files to your sd card, then run the actual app Nintendo 3DS Sound, then play the file it mentions.

Its OOS at the moment but sometimes the black or white new 3DS comes in stock on gamestop for $99, it should still have the old firmware in the box
Nintendo New 3DS - Black Super Mario System
Nintendo New 3DS - White Super Mario System

Crone

Googled this very question. The "New super Mario Bros 2" is supposed to be really good.

I liked kotaku's list because it's been continually updated for like 3 years or more and so it was nice to see what the old games on the "best" list were.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
if you let your system upgrade to 11.3 it won't work, it has to be running 11.2 or lower

I found the instructions confusing too, you have to first copy over those set of files to your sd card, then run the actual app Nintendo 3DS Sound, then play the file it mentions.

Its OOS at the moment but sometimes the black or white new 3DS comes in stock on gamestop for $99, it should still have the old firmware in the box
Nintendo New 3DS - Black Super Mario System
Nintendo New 3DS - White Super Mario System
Pretty sure my firmware was 11.2.something. I'll start clean and try again.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I just acquired a 3DS to play Link Between Worlds (which I got with it). Currently it's on loan but I might buy it from the dude. He has it upgraded to 11.3. Can I roll it back? I've looked around and came up empty. I presume the hack isn't possible then.

Oh well, frankly I haven't found much to be excited about on the system. The art style of Dragon Quest turns me off.

Vorph

Bravely Default. If you really like it then Bravely Second too. I haven't been able to get very far into the sequel before losing interest.

Shin Megami Tensei IV / Apocalypse, Devil Survivor 1 & 2, maybe Soul Hackers. Personally I think Soul Hackers has the best story but also the worst gameplay by far.

Persona Q. Etrian Odyssey dungeons with Persona III/IV characters.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 & 2, and IV. Maybe Mystery Dungeon if you like that style.

Stella Glow. It wasn't worth the $50 they wanted at release, but it's a solid game if you like SRPG grid style combat.

7th Dragon III. Currently playing this, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.

I'd suggest 999, Virtue's Last Reward, and Zero Time Dilemma--and they'd be my #1 picks on the system by far--but you really should play the first two on PS4 or PC (in the Nonary Games collection) and ZTD on PC.

So I just acquired a 3DS to play Link Between Worlds (which I got with it). Currently it's on loan but I might buy it from the dude. He has it upgraded to 11.3. Can I roll it back? I've looked around and came up empty. I presume the hack isn't possible then.
No, once you update to 11.3 there's no going back and no way to jailbreak it yet.

-----------------------
Atlus did their annual presentation a few days ago, and they're coming out with at least two more remasters of DS games (Radiant Historia and Strange Journey) and a sequel to Etrian Mystery Dungeon. All for 3DS, no mention of the Switch at all other than vague refences to SMT HD, and the working title for that combined with the fact that they are using Unreal Engine suggest that it probably isn't a Switch exclusive either.

Last edited:

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I already have both Bravely Default and Bravely Second (bought them) and really like them both. I'll give the Person Q thing a try.. but I've never been into the Persona games much.

Elminage

N00b
7th Dragon III. Currently playing this, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.

interested to hear your thoughts on this game. I liked the demo but don't have a hacked system and the game was always too expensive. It's on sale for $30 and that's still more than I'll pay.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so I jailbroke my 3DS today and got freeshop installed. When I enter there are no games. I found the title key website linked a page back but the only way i found I could use it was scanning the barcode through FBI which says it is now downloading the file. I assume that I skipped the entire reason that freeshop is so good?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

I had this same issue, found out that the SD Card I was using was formatted incorrectly the Windows format utility will not correctly format the card, grab the guiformat program the guide talks about for formatting it.

Ok, so I jailbroke my 3DS today and got freeshop installed. When I enter there are no games. I found the title key website linked a page back but the only way i found I could use it was scanning the barcode through FBI which says it is now downloading the file. I assume that I skipped the entire reason that freeshop is so good?

Load Freeshop go to settings, and there is a Scan QR code button there, you want to scan the keysite QR code there, and then restart freeshop too have it pull the key data.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
^ yup. Once you scan the QR code, restart then marvel at what god hath wrought upon nintendo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Still didn't work bros. Said "invalid title key" when I tried Xenoblade Chronicles.