Wii U

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Stars happen alot in online play. The duration is really really short though. they are pretty much worthless on most tracks.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I recall seeing a youtube clip, someone blocked the blue shell with the horn, hit it as soon as you see it start to circle you.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Horn can stop a lot of stuff, like Inky and shells if you are quick enough.

Piranha Plant can also eat Inky and other stuff in front of you.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, stars are worthless. Sometimes you can hit an off-road shortcut. I've also used a star while a lightning bolt hit. That was pretty awesome. I don't even think you can plow through obstacles and destroy them like previous MKs.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Stars happen alot in online play. The duration is really really short though. they are pretty much worthless on most tracks.
They are handy for securing place if you get them towards the end of a final lap. They let you go off-road without penalty, too.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, stars are worthless. Sometimes you can hit an off-road shortcut. I've also used a star while a lightning bolt hit. That was pretty awesome. I don't even think you can plow through obstacles and destroy them like previous MKs.
you can destroy stuff. Like the cows or the skele thingies. It will just maul them over, its just that the duration is super short.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Twitch

nobody probably cares but they are streaming the new smash on twitch at some best buy, gonna finally pick up a next gen Nintendo system for this one.

spronk

FPS noob
fuck it, even though its gonna sit untouched most of the time i ordered a cheap wii u. they are selling refurbished ones straight off the nintendo store for $200 + $5 ship + tax, people who have bought it said they are all brand new and basically unsold inventory. 32gb model that comes with nintendoland
Shop Nintendo | Nintendo Online Store

amazon & walmart have MK8 for $49 this week. If you wanna be clever you can go to Target, grab a $1 pre-order voucher for any ps4/xbone game (like Destiny or Madden15 etc) and have them PM amazon on MK8. Buying a $1 voucher gives a $15 discount, so you'll pay $48 - 15 = $33 + $1 + tax.

and MK8 gives a free digital voucher game this month, so you can get zelda or mario. If you wanna be really insane you can do this two or three times at Target, snag the vouchers out of the cases, and trade in your extra MK8s to Best Buy or Gamestop for basically what you paid.

im gonna play MK8, mario, zelda, and then sit on the console until ssb

if you don't think you are gonna play now don't buy, there will undoubtedly be a great SSB bundle when it launches

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
200$? cheapest one off ebgames is like 250 am I missing something?

yeah I wont play now, I mean id like Mario kart for me and the GF or something but shit other than that it will sit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The $200 is directly from Nintendo. They're manufacturer referb units. IE - Not brand new, but they'll act as if.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
So I caved and bought the wii u bundle with mario kart 8. Money fucking well spent. First time setup took forever with the updates but once everything was up and running I have to say im really liking this system. The giant gamepad controller is actually pretty light and super useful ingame. I still haven't decided what free game I should pickup mario brothers u , pickmin 3, or windwaker HD. I honestly don't know much about any of them.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So I caved and bought the wii u bundle with mario kart 8. Money fucking well spent. First time setup took forever with the updates but once everything was up and running I have to say im really liking this system. The giant gamepad controller is actually pretty light and super useful ingame. I still haven't decided what free game I should pickup mario brothers u , pickmin 3, or windwaker HD. I honestly don't know much about any of them.
Mario U plays like any other classic mario game, but in HD. Its fun, but you may have felt you've played it before.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I went with Pikman 3 its a really fun little game. Wii U is a great system. I enjoy it. Jsut remember to set up your club nintendo and your nintendo deluxe deals.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Mario U plays like any other classic mario game, but in HD. Its fun, but you may have felt you've played it before.
of course it does. its just in HD and new. All the Mario bro's games are pretty much the same. lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I was actually pretty disappointed with super Mario 3d world. Everyone was going on and on about how great of a game it was and how it was the first real "next gen" game, and it is hardly any different from the last 3 Mario bros.

spronk

FPS noob
you need a 2-4 year buffer between playing any Nintendo game really, once you play zelda/mario/luigi/etc have to wait a few years to forget it all and play the newest one. but they are fun!

best buy is giving out coupons that give $30 off MK8 bundle and $20 off Wii U games, they gave them out yesterday at the SSB playable demo and they are having another one on Saturday the 14th. Some of them have really long lines though, this is from yesterday I guess on reddit. just to play SSBU!
Aj5u7bR.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's a long line to save $20-30. I can imagine you'll be in that line for a long time. You need to value your personal time more so than that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll prob buy the console tomorrow. Which pack makes the most sense? The $300 Mario + Luigi or the $330 MK8 bundle if I plan on getting both anyways? For 2p MK8 I'll need a second Wii U remote and wheel?