Wii U

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wow $200 for a refurb.. I don't know much about the models but I won't be gimped with that particular one would I?

Also the WiiU can play all Wii games right? What about WiiFit + board?

Think I'm gonna proceed on that.

spronk

FPS noob
target is gonna sell M&L for $275 6/22-6/28 and have b2g1 free on all wii U games

if you swing by best buy saturday you may be able to snag a $30 off wii U coupon and then buy the MK8 bundle for $300. dont need to wait in the SSBU play line, can just snag a coupon from tables around the gaming area. also $20 off wii u games and 10% off accessories

i ordered the $200 refurb, everyone who has bought one in the last 3 months has said they are actually completely brand new models thats just overstock Nintendo is clearing out. ymmv of course, maybe the ones shipping out this week are indeed refurbs. its a full 32gb deluxe model so top of the line Wii U model, comes with Nintendoland tho not MK8 or M&L

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
target is gonna sell M&L for $275 6/22-6/28 and have b2g1 free on all wii U games

if you swing by best buy saturday you may be able to snag a $30 off wii U coupon and then buy the MK8 bundle for $300. dont need to wait in the SSBU play line, can just snag a coupon from tables around the gaming area. also $20 off wii u games and 10% off accessories

i ordered the $200 refurb, everyone who has bought one in the last 3 months has said they are actually completely brand new models thats just overstock Nintendo is clearing out. ymmv of course, maybe the ones shipping out this week are indeed refurbs. its a full 32gb deluxe model so top of the line Wii U model, comes with Nintendoland tho not MK8 or M&L
Thanks, wanted to make sure it wasn't some base model.

Not really looking at any specific games, just looking to get a system on the cheap.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow $200 for a refurb.. I don't know much about the models but I won't be gimped with that particular one would I?

Also the WiiU can play all Wii games right? What about WiiFit + board?

Think I'm gonna proceed on that.
Noodlebro. What is it about WiiU that made you get it? Games? Have the rest, and are bored?

Just curious!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Sounds like getting the $200 one thennbuyingnthe games at target makes the most sense. The BBY coupon only for Saturday?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thanks, wanted to make sure it wasn't some base model.

Not really looking at any specific games, just looking to get a system on the cheap.
The refurb is a 32gb model, but doesn't come with the accessories that the retail deluxe does (like gamepad dock, vertical stand). That said, the only actual difference between models is the storage space. Neither model is enough if you purchase digital games frequently, and if you don't the 8gb model is fine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodlebro. What is it about WiiU that made you get it? Games? Have the rest, and are bored?

Just curious!
A lot of things I guess.

Nintendo has a lot of exclusives that I enjoy (Zelda, Mario, Metroid) and a lot are on the horizon. I have a shit ton of Wii games I haven't played. The controller can be played separately from the TV (good for me!). We have a lot of parties/game night at my house and I can see this being a nice addition.

I have a PS4/PS3, no MS stuff. At $200 I could see myself enjoying the console and replacing my old Wii.

Crone

A lot of things I guess.

Nintendo has a lot of exclusives that I enjoy (Zelda, Mario, Metroid) and a lot are on the horizon. I have a shit ton of Wii games I haven't played. The controller can be played separately from the TV (good for me!). We have a lot of parties/game night at my house and I can see this being a nice addition.

I have a PS4/PS3, no MS stuff. At $200 I could see myself enjoying the console and replacing my old Wii.
If you didn't have any consoles at all, so no Ps3/4, you think you'd still look at the WiiU? Or you think it's just another console, if you've kind of finished up on the rest and are looking for something else to play?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you didn't have any consoles at all, so no Ps3/4, you think you'd still look at the WiiU? Or you think it's just another console, if you've kind of finished up on the rest and are looking for something else to play?
I probably wouldn't look at the WiiU to be my main console

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
The way I look at it, I don't want to use my Wii U for third party games. I bought it strictly for Nintendo only games. Everything else will be on my ps3/ps4

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It looks like an ok secondary console, and the price tag is pretty much what you'd expect from that too, so fits nicely. It's like a luxury console in some ways, even though it's cheap you'd most likely never buy only that.

I'll probably get one once the games are actually released. The Zelda looks amazing(even if it doesn't look like that once it releases, it'll still be open world zelda) and the X Blade whatever game looks pretty alright.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm still waiting for a compelling exclusive on PS4/XBone to make me want to purchase a next gen console. As it stands, everything decent they have to offer will be offered on PC.

Wii U on the other hand is far more compelling from an exclusive software perspective. No brainier for me.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
NSMB was really short and and quite easy IMO and the Luigi game was okay but kinda more of the same. If the MK8 bundle also offers the free game that the standalone game does, I would have to recommend that over the mario bundle. Just my 2 cents.

spronk

FPS noob
there is a pretty bangin' deal for Wii U users right now. Go to target, pick up 1+ copies of mario kart 8 and get a $1 preorder card for any upcoming game for each MK8 you get. Tell the video games cashier that amazon is selling MK8 for $10 cheaper, and she will walk you over to the customer service area where they will PM the game from $60 to $48 after looking up amazon price on their iPad. After they have scanned everything tell them you want to also buy the $1 preorder cards, after they scan em it will deduct $15 for each MK8 you buy. So it'll cost you total $34+tax for each MK8, not bad.

Now open up any extra MK8s you bought, take out the red club nintendo insert (pin on it), keep em, and trade the extra MK8s at Best Buy or Gamestop for $40-44 each. Bam, you get basically paid $10 to get a free game from Nintendo.

I just did it today, bought 3 MKs and three $1 preorder cards, kept one MK8 and traded the other two at Best Buy for $88 (GCU gives 10% bonus). Cost me $110 after taxes, for basically $22 I got my own copy of MK8 and three free Wii U games from Nintendo - Pikmin, Super Mario, and Zelda (digital). Don't want Mario Party or I woulda done a fourth. You do need to fuck around with sub accounts (kids) in the Nintendo site to redeem them, but its pretty simple and easy.

Some people are going nuts all this week and doing shit like price matching COD/AC4 PS3 & 360 and flipping it for $10-20 profit at gamestop, do it 30-40 times and you basically make enough to buy a console. The whole thing is kinda sleazy, but Target is still making money, Nintendo is selling a shit ton of extra MK8 copies, and Best Buy sells used MK8s for $50 anyways so they aren't losing out. Some targets are refusing to let you combine the $1 discount with the price match, so it depends on how many people in your area have done it.

spronk

FPS noob
its 4 Wii U games for $22, normally $240. i must have some hardcore jewish blood in me cuz honestly that makes me more excited than actually playing em

Crone

its 4 Wii U games for $22, normally $240. i must have some hardcore jewish blood in me cuz honestly that makes me more excited than actually playing em
Lol! Me too! That deal is amazing! How shady us nerds get to save a few bucks!

Spronk, you are the King of deals!