Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, to be fair, I'm not shocked at all. It was exactly what I expected, and I had a decent time to be honest. I just had to double check. MMORPGs with actual potential don't come around very often.
You are an addict like most of us including myself. People need to start paying more attention to these threads and open betas. I myself am sick and tired of phasing because it just makes grouping a fucking pita. You literally need to be in sync quest for quest with someone to do the majority of it or you can't even see them. This was a huge frustration of mine in ESO also. You don't change the world with phasing, you segregate it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Any thoughts on the paths? Settler is a fucking bother and a half.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not necessarily some of the shit I wanted to see fixed, but I know a few people that the AMD thing will help with.Patch Notes.
Patch Highlights

The EULA has been updated. Read it! It's awesome, as EULAs go.
Improved performance on AMD processors which are powering down because the game is not heavily using any single core by having the main thread of the game prefer to be scheduled on a single core.
General
Fixed a bug which sometimes deleted stackable items when double-right-clicking on them while the bank is open.
Fixed a crash in French clients when the Level Up screen appears for certain levels.
Fixed a Lua error that was occasionally occurring when completing a 2v2 Arena match
Fixed a server crash related to pathing.
Fixed issues with Account Friend Invites not working.
PvP
General
Improved PvP AFK detection.
The match timer will now appear for the defenders in Halls of the Bloodsworn.
Walatiki Temple
Fixed an issue where players were able to escape from the Walatiki Temple spawn room before the match started.
Content
Ellevar
Changed the Soldier ?Taste of Their Own Medicine? mission mechanics to add a damage effect.
Malgrave
The Darkspur Karaoke quest will now botch if the player removes themselves from the holdout area or if they run out of time.
Adventures
War of the Wilds
Increased the difficulty of War of the Wilds in Veteran mode by shifting the balance between player and NPC minions slightly and allowing enemy champions to take control points somewhat more quickly.
Fixed a bug that caused AI Champion deaths in War of the Wilds to count toward player kill to death ratio when no players were involved in the champion's death.
War of the Wilds now requires completion of Commander Breza or Colonel Rakar's strategic objectives before it will award a group gold or silver medal. One objective must be completed for a silver medal while both must be completed for a gold medal.
Dungeons
Ruins of Kel Voreth
Into the Flames can now be turned in to Toric Antevian inside the Ruins of Kel Voreth dungeon.
Economy
Tradeskills
Due to Architect crafted items being a little too profitable, we adjusted the sell prices of Decor items and FABkits and adjusted the required materials for some blueprints.

User Interface
Fixed an issue with the quest tracker not displaying when first starting the client with only one zone story tracked quest.
Fixed an issue with Account Services not loading if you switch back to Character Selection.
Quest Tracker quest numbers now correctly update.
Fixed an issue where the minimap and zone map would not refresh quest numbers when the ?track quests by distance? option changed.
Removed zone filtering on Zone and Regional quests in the Quest Tracker.
The Quest Tracker now properly resizes entries so they do not overlap.
Nameplates are no longer followed with "(unit?)" in the French client. Players can once again be invited by using the right click menu from player nameplates.
The Account Services screen won't show up until you create at least one character.

API Changes
Fixed an issue where some Lua MarketplaceLib functions could cause a crash in certain cases.

misery_sl

shitlord
You are an addict like most of us including myself. People need to start paying more attention to these threads and open betas. I myself am sick and tired of phasing because it just makes grouping a fucking pita. You literally need to be in sync quest for quest with someone to do the majority of it or you can't even see them. This was a huge frustration of mine in ESO also. You don't change the world with phasing, you segregate it.
I think this game is making a lot of us question just exactly what it is that we're looking for in MMORPGs these days. It's pretty obvious by a lot of previous posts that many people have the same concern. There is a lot of charm in this game, and it has a lot of potential. You can tell that the devs put a lot of effort into this game. If I ask myself why it is that I'm losing interest in the game so quickly, a lot of things come to mind. Phasing is a big part of it. The questing system is another. Next, I start to ask myself how these systems could be implemented better, or if I'm even capable of enjoying this type of game anymore. It feels like a job for me from the starting instance all the way to end game, and I have to ask myself if I'm actually having fun, or just trying to convince myself that I am.

Rant time: Of course, other things bother me about the game. A lot of people praise the combat system, but the fact that monsters still hit you, unless you are outside of their hit range annoys me. It's like half action combat, half old style. You can't dodge basic attacks, only the special attacks that they do. I absolutely hate addons, I know I bitch about it constantly. I think this bullshit should be implemented into the UI and optional in the system menu, or not in the game at all. Every aspect of the UI should be customizable, but fuck addons. Sprinting is a pain in the dick. It just adds another element of annoyance that I have to deal with everytime I want to move, whether on mount or off. Like someone before said, it doesn't make you feel faster when you use it, it makes you feel slow as fuck when you don't. The. Fucking. Visuals. I just can't stand them. It's a personal thing, I know. Also, you all don't have to tell me. I know the game will still look "amazing" in 50 years while every non-cartoon MMORPG will look like shit, and I'm sure you'll still be playing it in 50 years too. I don't even want to get started on that bullshit. Fun fact, I have to stop and analyze over half of the models in this game for 4 minutes just to tell what the hell I'm looking at. Seizure inducing particle effect orgies, everywhere. I could write a book of shit that pisses me off about this game, but it isn't even worth it. I knew it was WoW 2.0 from the start, and I even had a fuck-wow and everything like it mentality going into this. To say that I gave this game the benefit of the doubt is an understatement of the grandest scale.

Yeah, maybe I am addicted.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think this game is making a lot of us question just exactly what it is that we're looking for in MMORPGs these days. It's pretty obvious by a lot of previous posts that many people have the same concern. There is a lot of charm in this game, and it has a lot of potential. You can tell that the devs put a lot of effort into this game. If I ask myself why it is that I'm losing interest in the game so quickly, a lot of things come to mind. Phasing is a big part of it. The questing system is another. Next, I start to ask myself how these systems could be implemented better, or if I'm even capable of enjoying this type of game anymore. It feels like a job for me from the starting instance all the way to end game, and I have to ask myself if I'm actually having fun, or just trying to convince myself that I am.

Rant time: Of course, other things bother me about the game. A lot of people praise the combat system, but the fact that monsters still hit you, unless you are outside of their hit range annoys me. It's like half action combat, half old style. You can't dodge basic attacks, only the special attacks that they do. I absolutely hate addons, I know I bitch about it constantly. I think this bullshit should be implemented into the UI and optional in the system menu, or not in the game at all. Every aspect of the UI should be customizable, but fuck addons. Sprinting is a pain in the dick. It just adds another element of annoyance that I have to deal with everytime I want to move, whether on mount or off. Like someone before said, it doesn't make you feel faster when you use it, it makes you feel slow as fuck when you don't. The. Fucking. Visuals. I just can't stand them. It's a personal thing, I know. Also, you all don't have to tell me. I know the game will still look "amazing" in 50 years while every non-cartoon MMORPG will look like shit, and I'm sure you'll still be playing it in 50 years too. I don't even want to get started on that bullshit. Fun fact, I have to stop and analyze over half of the models in this game for 4 minutes just to tell what the hell I'm looking at. Seizure inducing particle effect orgies, everywhere. I could write a book of shit that pisses me off about this game, but it isn't even worth it. I knew it was WoW 2.0 from the start, and I even had a fuck-wow and everything like it mentality going into this. To say that I gave this game the benefit of the doubt is an understatement of the grandest scale.

Yeah, maybe I am addicted.
What I don't get is you knew all this before the game released and yet you still bought it.

misery_sl

shitlord
Scientist is kind of annoying and I don't really see much benefit from it so far. If I could respec it I would.
Go with explorer. All my chars are explorer. Trailblazing and shortcuts are awesome. Also you get path exp for exploring the map which is something you do anyway.

What I don't get is you knew all this before the game released and yet you still bought it.
Yep, no denying it. I suck.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I started leveling by PvP last night. I'm now paranoid I'm going to miss out on something from a quest.
I'm level 20 and so far quests give the traditional reward of EXP, a level appropriate item, money, zone faction and sometimes an achievement. Losing out on the zone faction is probably the biggest impact of skipping them. One exception would be the quests that award AMPs. You probably don't want to skip those.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
So what causes enemy health bars (above their character or npc) to dissapear? Someone told me v toggles it (it doesn't) and I find that it often turns itself off without my knowledge. Super annoying in battlegrounds.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
For those of you skipping quests and planning to raid, the raid attunent quest requires the faction that quests give so you may be SOL on that front if you skip them all. I did notice that mobs all give some faction when you kill so that may be a moot point.

Carl_sl

shitlord
For those of you skipping quests and planning to raid, the raid attunent quest requires the faction that quests give so you may be SOL on that front if you skip them all. I did notice that mobs all give some faction when you kill so that may be a moot point.
That's a pretty good point, is it one faction that you need up like dominion faction? Or multiple factions.

Edit: As far as the social aspect goes I usually roll solo up to max level and then become social among a group of people that I play with once I break in to the raid group, meaning raiding is usually all I want out any game that I'm playing because I never have a group of people to level up in the group content with.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Others have noted some of the problems. game isn't perfect. Too many quests is a major one. As was noted a few posts back. if you ignore "tasks" and challenges" and only do STORY quests, the game is about a million times more interesting. The massive quest bloat from challenges, tasks, crafting, and PATH quests, really takes away from any storytelling/pacing. Its nearly impossible to follow wtf is going on when you are just drowning in random tasks. Especially kill x tasks and challenges. Challenges are NEAT. but really REALLY distracting when you are trying to stay on task.

Can you even imagine? like back in Wow. doing those Eastern plaguelands quests, either Fordring, or the ghost girl. walking up to either and suddenly, "CHALLENGE! Kill 30 GHOSTS/ZOMBIES in 2 minutes!"
Honestly, one of the things I like about challenges is that they break up the monotony. I think I'd find the quest chains a lot more tiresome if I didn't keep on coming across challenges that require me to play differently and more face paced. Since the challenges usually have some relation to what quests you're doing in that area anyways (eg quest and challenge will both have you killing the same mobs), I've never found them to be something that takes me off task.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what causes enemy health bars (above their character or npc) to dissapear? Someone told me v toggles it (it doesn't) and I find that it often turns itself off without my knowledge. Super annoying in battlegrounds.
I turned off shadows and it fixed it for me. Other are doing a combo of -dx9 in the target exe and shadows and that seems to fix the problem.

Artifa

N00b
Apparently WOTW vet is waiting+rng to gold now. You have to sit around waiting for the commander to give you objectives and complete both. The second one is given like 20-25 mins in and very often its kill 3 heroes or kill 1 specific hero in 3 min. If your minions get the killing blow instead of group members you don't get credit.