Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Esper was my second choice after Engineer but my Engineer just solo's so much better then any other class I played that I couldn't go anywhere else. It use to be Engineer was the 2nd to least played class (only ahead of Esper) but it looks like it may be the favorite now in a few polls.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Safefall is made redundant by the second explorer ability which just stop you in midair. You need to cast safefall in advance of the fall, but the other one can just be used before you hit the ground.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Looking at the above poll, it's easy to see exactly why there are so many heated arguments on this site.

Not sure I've ever seen a breakdown of tastes so even ever. Anywhere.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Esper was my second choice after Engineer but my Engineer just solo's so much better then any other class I played that I couldn't go anywhere else. It use to be Engineer was the 2nd to least played class (only ahead of Esper) but it looks like it may be the favorite now in a few polls.
I'm of the opinion that Espers will be the least played class. Which is largely due to how horrible they are at lower levels in regards to mobility. After all the changes they become a great class by level 50 and they'll definitely be in high demand for end game content imo.

So, what are we going to be called by the way? Fires of Heaven, Rerolled, what?
If you're coming to the Dominion-PVE you'll be stuck with the Sin Filled Afterlife tag. Not sure what the Exile side is going to be named (I know Rerolled was already taken / reserved by someone else).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Esper is my second choice after Warrior. They have some of the coolest looking abilities. My only issue is that Carbine wants to make them a stationary caster as part of their design.

This was posted on the official forums:Esper Complaints - Possible Solution - Esper - WildStar Forums

I've seen a few people ask what direction we are taking the Esper in the future and I figured i'd give my response here.

There are quite a few things I want to look into in the future and I figure it'd be easiest if I gave you a list of the things I want to addrress in the furture.

Lackluster AMP and Ability Tiers - Currently there are a lot of AMPs and Ability Tiers that are under-performing. I want to make a pass on these AMP's and Tiers so that they become interesting and valuable choices that can promote new builds or interesting rotations.
The Stationary aspect of the Esper is likely not to change but something has to. As stated multiple times the Reward given for the amount of effort Espers have to put in is not enough. I think this is one of the largest things i'd like to address, I want players to feel like they are being rewarded while standing still and that is currently not happening.
More interesting PVE rotations, the Esper doesn't have any reactionary proc based abilities that can create interesting rotations at end game (i.e. Use this after a Crit to make Haunt an instant cast) and because of that the PVE rotation suffers and becomes rather dull. This is probably my number 1 priority because I want the gameplay to be as fun as possible to keep players playing and interested. AMP's are also a great place to address this as they can really shake up a rotation if designed well.
We are aware of the frustration with Spectral Form in it's current state and we are looking into ways we can tackle this and make it into something that everyone enjoys using.

These are just a few of the things we are looking into and as I have stated before I can't say when these changes make it to live but we do have the Esper on our radar.
One of the biggest things that is keeping me back from playing an Esper is playing a class with a combo point system. Last time I did that with a Rogue in Rift. No thanks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll probably go scientist again, though there were times I hated how many damn things there were to scan and sometimes the little scientist icon wouldn't go away on objects/mobs after you completed that mission, so I would think I still needed it and scan again.

It was cool to have 3 different little robots(the AE scan guy was great for some missions and the long range one for others).

I tried settler very early in beta and man did I get tired of constantly looting things.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Esper is my second choice after Warrior. They have some of the coolest looking abilities. My only issue is that Carbine wants to make them a stationary caster as part of their design.

This was posted on the official forums:Esper Complaints - Possible Solution - Esper - WildStar Forums
I like the rebuttal/reality:
I think we can sum it up in 3 important points, for people that wants to play and like the feeling of the class:

1) It will retain the stationary aspect, with higher rewards.
2) They know things like the innate HAVE to change.
3) The Changes won't come till after a while in release, so we have to wait...

If you can stick with this; go on with the class, otherwise it's probably better if you switch!
I remember in WAR my Marauder was woeful, and people/devs kept saying "Yeah, we're going to make some adjustments". Kept waiting. Kept waiting. Finally rolled to Magus because I heard they were going to fix that 'first'. 0/2 in that game.

Going to skip all that and lean towards Medic.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah, it's generally stupid to "wait" for devs to balance/fix a class after release. Because it never happens, or it happens and you've quit the game long before then. It won't for sure happen in the first month or two.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Would appreciate if more people who are on the google docs picked a server or indicated that they don't care. Obviously regardless of the decision some people won't be happy but it'd be nice to have a bit more input on that front.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would appreciate if more people who are on the google docs picked a server or indicated that they don't care. Obviously regardless of the decision some people won't be happy but it'd be nice to have a bit more input on that front.
I can't choose don't care, only lets me pick a server. I honestly only care about it being high population.

Edit: Nmm nvm I think I got it, just typed in it but it says "invalid cell contents" so hopefully it stays.