Winter 2024 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2nd Episode of the level 99 villianess was enjoyable. She's silly OP like so many other fun characters, even when trying not to be OP. Kinda reminds me of Bofuri's OP self.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont think ive seen anything so ridiculous in my life but i cant not enjoy Brave Bang Bravern!

Episode 2 was so fuckin retarded i couldnt help but laugh.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dont think ive seen anything so ridiculous in my life but i cant not enjoy Brave Bang Bravern!

I lost it watching episode one. "WHAT IS THIS SONG!"

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yo, i dont know why i couldnt stand Bucchigiri but Bravern just had me rollin.

That aside, i just rewatched Tanya the Evil, that show really was great. Not like FMA-Brotherhood great, but just a solid fuckin anime from the first second to the last. They really need to hurry up with season 2.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

I just started watching this. So far, I'm enjoying it.
After getting through the practice exercise in the first episode, it says they're in Waikiki. That infinity pool and bar is actually over at the Sheraton. And I'm pretty sure the bar is Rum Fire (also in the Sheraton). I remember going there quite a few times with one of the posters on this forum.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
New Frieren this week was A+. A little world building. A little onion ninja. A lot of action. Frieren being best girl as usual.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's a fun show, but HUGELY gay as shit. So so fucking gay, but still enjoyable. And the MC acting like he's been raped at the end of the 2nd episode. This is a fucked up show, but still a fun watch.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What the homoerotic hell did I just watch. First episode thought I was watching the wrong damn anime then the end/music hit. 2nd episode...
Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

• 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It's a fun show, but HUGELY gay as shit. So so fucking gay, but still enjoyable. And the MC acting like he's been raped at the end of the 2nd episode. This is a fucked up show, but still a fun watch.
Yep. It’s on another level of gay entirely. The ED for the second ep was turbo gay. Still great tho.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What the homoerotic hell did I just watch. First episode thought I was watching the wrong damn anime then the end/music hit. 2nd episode...
Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA
Yea, I'm not sure if this anime is going to be amazing or just a complete disaster, but it is entertainment so far, and with what we've got so far I can't see it falling anywhere in the middle. It's weird how in a lot of ways I was thinking this anime looked kinda like something from an older/more wholesome time in anime. And then well, the robot shows up.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying Solo Leveling. Manga is really good as well so I'm probably biased. If you haven't read it, I high recommend.

Should be a solid year for anime. MHA and Demon Slayer probably have one more arc of story/setup before all hell breaks loose. I'm not entirely sure how far MHA is going to get this season but I haven't really looked either but it's in a really good spot from here on out.

I'm thinking Kaiju No. 8 may be my top anime for this year but we'll see.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Gonna be hard to land above Frieren.
Been really enjoying this. A lot of stories be it games/books always talk about the long lives of elves and human/shorter lived races but this is probably the first thing I've encountered that actually touches on it.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Gonna be hard to land above Frieren.
Been eating real good the past few seasons. Frieren, Saihate no Paladin, Shield Hero, Pervert Tensei. Right now there is also Tsukimichi, which is pretty awesome. Fuck, I might even get a little hope that they will finish Re: Zero someday.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Been eating real good the past few seasons. Frieren, Saihate no Paladin, Shield Hero, Pervert Tensei. Right now there is also Tsukimichi, which is pretty awesome. Fuck, I might even get a little hope that they will finish Re: Zero someday.

It's ridiculous that it takes 4+ years between seasons for Re: Zero. Might get some Konosuba back at some point as well (offshoots don't count).

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been really enjoying this. A lot of stories be it games/books always talk about the long lives of elves and human/shorter lived races but this is probably the first thing I've encountered that actually touches on it.
I like that it also had a couple moments to highlight the difference to dwarves as well, since most literature just throws them together as "they live a long ass time outside of the bounds of this story," but elves live so much longer than dwarves that even the dwarves' long lives are relatively short.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users