Witcher 3

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad I didn't give in and get a new pc this year.
whats the cheapest config that will run this at 60 fps i wonder

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Something that is mid to high end right now I guess, depends on which resolution you run. If you want to be safe, invest in SLI. The days of crazy requirement jumps are over, you don't really need to replace your PC every other year.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure about SLI, but don't count on crossfire giving positive scaling. fuck crossfire.

New screenshots look great. It's like a modded Skyrim with HD textures and ENB.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Not sure about SLI, but don't count on crossfire giving positive scaling. fuck crossfire.

New screenshots look great. It's like a modded Skyrim with HD textures and ENB.
Both have pretty big negatives and I wouldn't go down that road unless I already have the best card on the market and still need more performance.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait until the new Nvidia 7 series comes out, and hamper down on a 670/680

I finally beat Witcher 2 a few months ago and was enthralled. I plan on beating it in Dark before this one comes out. Also, that game on Insane > Dark Souls difficulty. Although once you get through the first chapter it gets a bit easier.

I didn't play it with a controller, but would imagine that it was better, however I got through on Hard just fine (ok not just "fine" lol) with KB/M. The ending was both a WTF and a can't wait until the next one kind of thing. I love the story in the Witcher universe, and the whole anti-hero drug demon super hero thing is pretty cool.

The only problem I had with Witcher 2 was the amount of saves it puts in your directory. That shit started slowing up my HDD and once it got to the point of taking minutes to sync with steam cloud.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks and sounds fantastic. Downloading Witcher 2 right now (for sale on Steam because of the annoucement of 3). I really like the premise for 3 as well; Interesting and slightly different atmosphere that's dark and gritty - yay buzz words - through an open-ended world and non-linear story. Some difficultly will be welcomed as well.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I really enjoyed the first one. Second one a bit less so. This just sounds like awesome in a box though. I hope they can pull off the move to a more Skyrim type game that is very ambitious of them. I'd love to see more games like Skyrim / Fallout and get that game type advancing with some new blood.

Take my money.

Yes to this above , I still question why more developers dont make more open world games. They do so damn well , GTA , Skyrim , Red Dead Redemption , Fallout and so on. Open world games are fantastic and work with all kinds of genres. So glad they are moving into an open world , cant wait to dig in.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just hope they get their open world influences from the Gothic/Risen series and not from Bethesda's garbage. It's still possible to have a highly-structured story-driven experience in an open world without turning it into a giant sandbox filled with nothing.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's still possible to have a highly-structured story-driven experience in an open world without turning it into a giant sandbox filled with nothing.
This is precisely what turned me off on all the elder scrolls games and it worries me a bit that they are taking a page from es3. I just didn't give a shit about any of the characters in any elder scroll games. It was like meh, where's the story? Whereas in the Witcher 2 there was shit happening all the time even behind the scenes. Can't forget some of the best voice acting and cut scenes seen in a game in the past few years.

Blide_sl

shitlord
I still question why more developers dont make more open world games.
I'd think console hardware limitations would have something to do with it. Corners have to be cut to get them on this current generation of consoles. Current PCs and the next generation of consoles should have the horsepower to do them without gimmicks or a significant loss in graphical quality.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I just hope they get their open world influences from the Gothic/Risen series and not from Bethesda's garbage. It's still possible to have a highly-structured story-driven experience in an open world without turning it into a giant sandbox filled with nothing.
Agreed. It's like Bethesda were so enamored with themselves about building the world and putting all that neat lil shit in it they forgot they were making a game with characters and a story. I refer to the ES games as "checklist" games.

I'd love for CDPR to successfully marry sandbox to an engrossing story, but they have their work cut out for them. If they pull it off....

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, there is an interview video on the GI site where they reference Gothic when talking about Witcher 3. It was specifically about not using level scaling, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled more from there.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. It's like Bethesda were so enamored with themselves about building the world and putting all that neat lil shit in it they forgot they were making a game with characters and a story. I refer to the ES games as "checklist" games.

I'd love for CDPR to successfully marry sandbox to an engrossing story, but they have their work cut out for them. If they pull it off....
Well at least you shouldn't have been surprised by the lack of story in Skyrim, because that's been their formula for every elder scroll game.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Well at least you shouldn't have been surprised by the lack of story in Skyrim, because that's been their formula for every elder scroll game.
Aye, but since ES4 they took the player by both hands for the Bethesda Kiddie Fun Tour. Morrowind was a much more esoteric journey.

Every time I install and begin an ES journey, I hope that there will be a dynamic and meaningful story. Every time I'm wrong. I must be insane.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, all the Gothic games came down to exploring the whole world in act 1 and then following the linear story for the rest of the game, so you could bitch about it too. Don't get me started on their combat system...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Aye, but since ES4 they took the player by both hands for the Bethesda Kiddie Fun Tour. Morrowind was a much more esoteric journey.

Every time I install and begin an ES journey, I hope that there will be a dynamic and meaningful story. Every time I'm wrong. I must be insane.
MW definitely had the longest and most impacting main quest. You had to complete half the game to do it properly since you needed the support of the major factions. I wish they'd revisit that style in ES6.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
MW definitely had the longest and most impacting main quest. You had to complete half the game to do it properly since you needed the support of the major factions. I wish they'd revisit that style in ES6.
They need to fire the animators and the people responsible for the combat. Then add a *real* story. I'm not holding my breath.

It's funny, CDPR is the Nega-Bethesda.