Witcher 3

Stave

Potato del Grande
People that are complaining about input lag, did you enable the hardware cursor at the bottom of your video options? This greatly increased my mouse feedback and killed any lagginess/delay I was having. A lot of people are reporting this to fix their issues for the most part.

Caliane

Can I run this on i7-4702HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz with a Nvidia 870m ?

one system analyzer says yes, the other says no.
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
8MB RAM
NVidi aGTX 560 Ti
here.... runs like shit. Lots of popin. I manually put it at 60fps locked.
Textures are all over the place. great one second. complete shit the next. or at the same time.
Shadows and light are shit.
Benchmarks come out similar.

Plays yes. does it look great? no.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Can I run this on i7-4702HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz with a Nvidia 870m ?

one system analyzer says yes, the other says no.
It's situations like these where I would recommend torrenting before you buy. I would also strongly encourage you to buy it if you decide it's playable (and you're going to play it).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */
8MB RAM
NVidi aGTX 560 Ti
here.... runs like shit. Lots of popin. I manually put it at 60fps locked.
Textures are all over the place. great one second. complete shit the next. or at the same time.
Shadows and light are shit.
Benchmarks come out similar.

Plays yes. does it look great? no.
Ah good...not buying for the PC. I have the same setup. PS4 for sure then.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'd say its a good game but the reviews were making this out to be some kind of second coming and its just Good or very good. This is NOT a 10/10 game.

My biggest beef comes with this huge beautiful world that is mostly empty. Most of the people sans a ! have absolutely nothing to say to you and the couple of dialogues you catch when walking around are pretty piss poor. Now the world is gorgeous and reflects the mood and areas well but the world is also mostly empty. I shouldn't be able to run off the path in a straight line and more or less never see anything moving except trees and flowers until I hit an area near a ? on the map. I shouldn't be roaming this huge swap and maybe run into 4 or 5 drowners, all grouped up in a ball next to each other doing the elephant walk.

Now the ! quests are all quite good. Outside of that, which is a huge amount of their "content" their actual POI's kind of suck and look like a bad copy and paste job. They really could of done a better job on his stuff and their world suffers for it.

I'd say their world look was spot on. Their mob density, placement and POIs pretty much suck.

In addition to all that, the levels are really wonky. Drop you off in a level 4 area you just start. Ok lets go check that ?. Nope that is a level 17 that will one shot you. Ok how about that way? Nope, level 14. Hmm well I guess I have to go run the story because this open world is gated and for whatever reason didn't drop me off in an area I could do anything in. Hit up the board and what do you get? A level 33 mission? Come on now. The occasional thing like that is fine but its way over done.

Given what the Witcher Developers said about Skyrim, they should be embarrassed at how "Generic" their POI content is. They have a lot to learn on how to build an interesting open world because aside from the ! quests and a pretty but empty world there isn't much to get excited about.
What difficulty are you playing on? I wonder if they artificially boosted levels and termed it "hard mode".

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Not overly impressed with this game
frown.png
. As other have said, the controls are shitty. The tone is even shittier - it reminds me of the "me too!!!!!" renaissance in fantasy wherein the author tries to make things as gritty as possible. It's pretty great when it's pretty great, but it's usually excessive, as it is here, and generally even more puerile than the LotR-like high fantasy it tries to undermine.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What that person calls input lag isn't lag and it's almost certainly intentional, like it or not (I don't, I prefer extremely precise movement ? la Bloodborne). Witcher 2 had the exact same issue; movement animations always complete their full frames and releasing the key/stick does not cancel them.

As for the rest, I'll never understand why people are so resistant to just plugging in a controller. It's not a FPS, there's barely any need for fine aim, and for third person sword combat an analog stick is vastly superior to ESDF. It's like Dark Souls on PC, except even more apparent here with how the quickstep dodge works.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
What difficulty are you playing on? I wonder if they artificially boosted levels and termed it "hard mode".
Naa just playing on normal. I'm a casual of late.

Still enjoying the game. Just with them calling out Skyrim and all the talk they've done combined with the amazing reviews I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed playing the actual product. Its good, not much more than that.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My favorite part of this game? I can load it up and play on PC in 4 seconds. You can skip everything. Other games with 50 different unskippable logos REALLY pissed me off.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm really enjoying this game. Started playing it and didn't realize 7 hours went by before I went to sleep. It's been a while since that has happened to me. I thought about buying it on the PC but decided to go with my PS4. Couch + 60" TV + surround sound is too hard to beat.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you're a Souls vet, Death March isn't too terribly hard. The main challenge is that the animations aren't as readable, the iframes are inconsistent, and unlike From's games, your attack and movement animations are pretty loose.

Unfortunately, I'm getting pretty frequent crashing. Even though I'm using a DS4 controller on my PC, I'm hitting F5 before pretty much any encounter. The checkpoint saves are pretty generous, so that helps.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Those of you playing on harder difficulties, what do you do about regenerating health? Every mob I fight picks off so much of my health, and i cant meditate to restore it so I have to buy water. I Just upgraded the sword but now im left with no money no repair stuff, only enough coin for 3 waters .. are there cheaper/other methods Im missing? meditating doesnt work on the higher difficulties.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Those of you playing on harder difficulties, what do you do about regenerating health? Every mob I fight picks off so much of my health, and i cant meditate to restore it so I have to buy water. I Just upgraded the sword but now im left with no money no repair stuff, only enough coin for 3 waters .. are there cheaper/other methods Im missing? meditating doesnt work on the higher difficulties.
Get the passive regen in sunlight ability. Sucks to give up a slot but it's pretty essential IMO.

One caveat - I don't know if it scales. It's working well for me but I'm still level 3 and just beat the griffin.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Wow. I can't read a fucking thing in the UI. I never really cared that my TV was so outdated and small because I don't use it very much and I've haven't had issues in other games. Yuck. PC play incoming.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Craft the Swallow potion as soon as you can, all your potions refresh on meditation by using liquor in the inventory, and Swallow heals more than any of the foods you can buy. But you are only limited to 3 between meditations.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Naa just playing on normal. I'm a casual of late.

Still enjoying the game. Just with them calling out Skyrim and all the talk they've done combined with the amazing reviews I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed playing the actual product. Its good, not much more than that.
Gotcha. Yeah I can agree with this. About three hours in now and while it's good, it isn't the messiah that people are making it out to be. Especially with the PC downgrade (which still looks good but it was stupid to market like they did) and the controls which are floaty when controlling Geralt. I'm about ready to go get the swallow potion made now that I read the other post.

Worth a purchase but yeah I think the hype and reviews were over the top for what is the final product. Good game. Not worth perfect scores like GTA or the last of us.

AAA open world RPG starvation lately is probably the cause.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Controls on PS4 are hella unresponsive feeling. Movement isn't tight at all. Combat has felt quite floaty at times.

Beautiful game though, loving it so far.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Put a couple hours into it and I really like it so far. Controls could be a bit tighter for sure but other then I like what I've played.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Been reading some of the reviews in effort to reconcile my rather sour opinion of the game with the effusive critical praise this seems to be getting. A lot of them are saying it gets waaaaaaaaaay better. I'm only like an hour in, so I guess I'll keep going.