Witcher 3

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, shame on you, they have all the greatest hits of PC gaming and unlike Steam they don't just pack them with DOSBox

Caliane

I didnt say, I dont use GoG. I said, I was not aware of any affiliation between GoG and CDprojekt. I thought it was independent.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I hope they stop trying to reinvent the control scheme and give me something playable. What's with European games and shitty controls? It's like the rule.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
No kidding. The actual combat in Witcher 2 was the worst and least interesting part of the game. I understand that when companies are trying to create a sweeping epic tale that they want their combat to feel just as epic. Unfortunately, this usually translates into a loss of control, and a feeling of watching the combat in a game rather than participating in it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm going to assume you guys didn't play with a controller, because The Witcher 2 played great with one.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Played fine with a mouse/kb also. I do agree that some games do too much for you (the excellent series, AC, is the worst offender) but I don't remember the witcher2 being that bad. Thankfully it seems like more games are copying Batman's combat style which gives the player a lot of freedom.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Witcher combat bad? I must've played the whole game drunk then because I thought the combat was pretty good

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I liked the combat in 1 *puts on hipster glasses*

No, seriously I liked it, shame it devolved into just spamming Igni halfway in, or maybe because of that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The combat in witcher1 was just ok. witcher2 was great. To me dark souls' combat at its core isn't that interesting, it's the well tuned, complex and polished mob/boss encounters and itemization that make the combat look better than it is.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only thing I wish they'd bring back from 1 was the complex sword styles somehow. Yeah it was just a boring click fest but they looked cool as fuck. Would be nice if they could add it without risking game play.