[WoD] Garrison Optimization Launch Thread

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It'll become obvious once you've wasted resources and time and things will start humming along and correct itself before long.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, that post was from a couple weeks ago(mine, I mean). At this point I realize what I'm doing and what I was doing wrong, for the most part. Nothing is really permanent and if you're not OCD and in a rush to get everything right now, even fucking up isn't that big of a deal with the garrison.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Here is what i am thinking with garrison:

Small plot:
Salvage + 2 professions of whatever type you want.

Med plot: Trading post (non negotiable)
Lumber Mill (until you finish all achievements and get the rewards from them. That is if you are into that kind of thing, its purpose is purely for follower/achieve),
Inn (until you are happy with your followers. I might keep it until i collect every follower which means i am keeping it for longer than i will probably play)
Barn (after you are done with LM and the Inn)

Large plot:
Barracks (25 follower limit is the best thing available for the large plots imo)
Stables (until all achievements and mounts are complete if you are into that, otherwise its not needed)
War mill (because everything else sucks once you are done with the temp stuff from stables)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Something to note, stables on an alt is the way to go, since mounts are account wide.

Also, for small buildings, I'm in love with the storehouse. It provides nothing outside of a time saver having a bank in the garrison, but man is it a time saver.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Something to note, stables on an alt is the way to go, since mounts are account wide.

Also, for small buildings, I'm in love with the storehouse. It provides nothing outside of a time saver having a bank in the garrison, but man is it a time saver.
That is a good point about the stables. That means large plots are barracks and war mill and done.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Once you have the stable mounts, can you delete your stables and keep them?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider

Don't forget you get a tmog station and void storage at level 3 as well. I also have one of these and really like it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Once you have the stable mounts, can you delete your stables and keep them?
Yup and it gives no dailies at that point so totally worthless.

I didn't upgrade mine to 3 to get the last achievement mount since that would have been a waste of garrison resources.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm upgrading one stables to rank 3 and keeping it forever because I want the no-daze and mount speed on my huntard, and because it's the only way to get a stable master in the garrison (durrrrrr). I built a second stables on my druid that I won't raise past rank 1, simply because it's a lot of free GR while you're training the mounts.

I can see storehouse being handy, but it's hard to give up a profession building just for more bank access than the argent pony provides. Might be worth knocking down my profession buildings that I don't actually have the prof for eventually though, I suppose.

sukik

I just got my first two mounts from the stables last night. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother with the achieves, I can always do that if I get bored on an alt. Going to get my mounts and tear it down. I'm getting a serious overflow of garrison rewards that I need to dump in my nonexistent war mill.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got the achiev mount for Stables level 3 and I gotta say, I am so fucking bored of wolves. Thearmored boaris so much cooler and you can get that with stables level 2. Should also be noted that the 20% speed increase doesn't stack with pally/dk passive increases either.

I kind of want to keep the stables because being able to do stuff while mounted and not being dazed is great but it's hard to rationalize keeping it and not taking the War Mill.

Also, I am a rep whore and figured taking the Trading Post for 20% rep increase in Draenor would be worth it in the long run before you can unlock level 3 you have to be exalted with 3 Draenor reps and there's only like 4 fuckin' reps in Draenor so I do not understand the idea behind this? lol. I mean I'm sure they'll add at least two or three more in the expansion but at the moment it's kind of a retarded design IMO. Supposedly it works account-wide once you get it so I guess if you want to get rep up with alts.. but the fuck.

Guess I'll stick it out for the long run and hope it actually becomes worthwhile over an Inn.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

There is a portal to Ashran at the top of the War Tower. You can just take that, bank stuff and HS back to your garrison. A bit more inconvenient but not a whole ton.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Also, I am a rep whore and figured taking the Trading Post for 20% rep increase in Draenor would be worth it in the long run before you can unlock level 3 you have to be exalted with 3 Draenor reps and there's only like 4 fuckin' reps in Draenor so I do not understand the idea behind this? lol. I mean I'm sure they'll add at least two or three more in the expansion but at the moment it's kind of a retarded design IMO. Supposedly it works account-wide once you get it so I guess if you want to get rep up with alts.. but the fuck.
I've seen this before about trading post level 3 being an account wide boost, and can say it's not true. I have lvl 3 trading house on my main, and the rep bonus does not work on my alts. On the other hand though, the 20% bonus does in fact stack with my human racial for my main, giving a total of +30% rep bonus in draenor.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well hopefully they fix it cause it's a pretty shit tradeoff if not. That's goofy.
+30% rep is fucking tasty though

Vorph

I don't recall ever seeing anyone say the building is account-wide, as that makes no sense at all. The achievement to unlock the rank 3 blueprint for purchase is what's account-wide.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It says it in the infographic on the first page it is account wide at least

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got a ilvl 645 mission, and master plan it's saying 7 hours gotten / 335 hours left. Do these types of missions usually last 14 days? Don't want to keep it there for a few days while I gear up, and find it gone

Vorph

You should assume that's a display bug and that the mission will actually expire in ~72 hrs.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
My life has become much better since I scrapped my barn and built the Inn. Fuck bloods.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Large plot:
Barracks (25 follower limit is the best thing available for the large plots imo)
Stables (until all achievements and mounts are complete if you are into that, otherwise its not needed)
War mill (because everything else sucks once you are done with the temp stuff from stables)
I'm upgrading one stables to rank 3 and keeping it forever because I want the no-daze and mount speed on my huntard, and because it's the only way to get a stable master in the garrison (durrrrrr). I built a second stables on my druid that I won't raise past rank 1, simply because it's a lot of free GR while you're training the mounts.
I'm with Vorph here. To me stables is the permanent final choice and war mill is temporary. war mill essentially gives you 500 gold per week (a free seal) once you are done leveling your followers up and dont need the work orders anymore (or get tired of missions and stop bothering). Nice if you are poor I guess, but no other benefit besides that seal, right? The stables give me 20% mount speed, less bothersome harvesting if you're into that, and no daze while mounted. Unless you are a knight that's a sweet package of things you cannot get otherwise no matter how much gold you have, and even as a knight it's a touch better then your class perk.