Wonder Woman (2017)

Column_sl

shitlord
The Wonder Woman argument has been going on for decades now. Why does she bother with the bracelets..
There's tons of answers to it like, the orginal Wonder Woman was not impervious to gunfire, and has been strengthened through the years.

The most logical explanation is she was trained to fight non humans that could pierce her skin, so it's just instinct to block/deflect things.

3845643-wonderwomancircle1.jpg

I do wonder how they will challenge her with WW1 shit
She's fighting some faction of the Amazonian's in that trailer. They are killing man, because of their disgust of them.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That looked...better than expected.

I like the costume better, the colors are more vibrant.

I'm surprised by Gal Gadot, I didn't expect her to be good at all for the role. She was pretty good in BvS, and looks pretty good in that trailer.

That trailer made me go from not-interested to looking forward to it but since it's DC, will wait for reviews still.
smile.png

Caliane

pretty meh on what I saw.

Gadot is tiny.
Lasso looked horrible. hope that is early cgi.
action felt like Captain america, but without any sense of danger at all. Cap is superhuman, but not immortal/invulnerable. Seeing her mow down people like ants is more creepy then cool. None of these people, even those with tanks, and cannons are any threat to her at all. So I find all those scenes just offputting.
Also, pretty sure amazons have handmaidens and shit. the idea of an assistant should not be foreign to them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
pretty meh on what I saw.

Gadot is tiny.
Lasso looked horrible. hope that is early cgi.
action felt like Captain america, but without any sense of danger at all. Cap is superhuman, but not immortal/invulnerable. Seeing her mow down people like ants is more creepy then cool. None of these people, even those with tanks, and cannons are any threat to her at all. So I find all those scenes just offputting.
Also, pretty sure amazons have handmaidens and shit. the idea of an assistant should not be foreign to them.
Yea I'm not sure where they are going with the WW1 angle. Unless they are massively powering her down I don't know how you handle it when she can just throw tanks around. She didn't seem powered down at all in BvS, so the idea of her fighting a bunch of infantry is pretty wat.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Captain America: First Avenger reboot with female lead.
wink.png

Might be decent, at least hope they learned some lessons from bvs.
I thought that also. Then I thought, " well not like it can be any worse". I've always been a Marvel nuthugger since I collected comics as a kid, but I really hope they pull off these movies. It will force Marvel to keep putting out good shit if they have something to go against. A few of the movies were ok, but compared to the others -pretty shitty (IM 3, Cap 1).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Looks like Captain America: First Avenger reboot with female lead.
wink.png

Might be decent, at least hope they learned some lessons from bvs.
What i thought when i watched it - i immediately thought it would be ok then have a Winter Soldier badass sequel if DC doesnt f up!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks good, Like the new suit.

Gal is either using a ton of body doubles in the wide shots ,or they really got her looking big for this one.
Has to be body doubles or CGI. Gal Gadot has zero muscle tone. I remember a picture of her on a beach during production and she looked like she had fucking bird legs.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im from the lynda carter school of wonder woman and this wonder GIRL just doesnt stack up. that being said, the trailer looks interesting, WW1 themed stuff doesnt get enough attention in movies. glad she at least has her golden lasso. seriously though she has way too much power and gadgets to be considered vulnerable unless she is fighting supers as well.

Steve Rogers
super strength
Vibranium shield
military training
natural leader

Diana Prince
immortality
daughter of zeus
super strength
lasso of truth
golden bracers
Themysciran shield and sword.
some crazy spartan combat training

there needs to be several red skulls for her to fight in order to make this movie entertaining. these are not nazis she is fighting, these are just regular german soldiers, so i get no satisfaction from her schooling them down.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I also hope they're just holding out on the rogue-Amazonians-plotting-to-take-over-the-world she has to defeat, because not only do the germans pose no threat to her, unlike the Nazis (and Hydra) of Captain America, the Germans weren't even the "bad guys" of WW1 - most historians would pin that on the Russians (who were on our side).

Column_sl

shitlord
I also hope they're just holding out on the rogue-Amazonians-plotting-to-take-over-the-world she has to defeat, because not only do the germans pose no threat to her, unlike the Nazis (and Hydra) of Captain America, the Germans weren't even the "bad guys" of WW1 - most historians would pin that on the Russians (who were on our side).
Uhh, of course they are. It's a common Wonder Woman theme of her fighting her own people who try to kill off man.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Trailer "looked" good, but put me in the same boat as why the fuck isn't she just walking through a battlefield eviscerating anything standing in her way. They JUST showed her going toe to toe with a Kryptonian Doomsdayish hybrid... are we to assume WW1 weapons are on that same caliber?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trailer "looked" good, but put me in the same boat as why the fuck isn't she just walking through a battlefield eviscerating anything standing in her way. They JUST showed her going toe to toe with a Kryptonian Doomsdayish hybrid... are we to assume WW1 weapons are on that same caliber?
It doesn't look bad, but this movie is going to get boring quick if all she's doing is fighting humans with WW1 weaponry.