Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 4 Votes
Title: Wonka (2023)

Tagline: It’s not the chocolate that matters, it’s the people you share it with

Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Family

Director: Paul King

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Keegan-Michael Key, Olivia Colman, Rowan Atkinson, Sally Hawkins, Natasha Rothwell, Tom Davis, Simon Farnaby, Rich Fulcher, Kobna Holdbrook-Smith, Paterson Joseph, Calah Lane, Matt Lucas, Colin O'Brien, Rakhee Thakrar, Ellie White, Mathew Baynton, Jim Carter

Release: 2023-12-13

Plot: A young Willy Wonka embarks on a mission to spread joy through his chocolate, which quickly becomes a phenomenon.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean this movie is probably going to be shit, but it has a real cast and could end up being whatever.

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean this movie is probably going to be shit, but it has a real cast and could end up being whatever.

The director made the Paddington movies which are wonderful and the cast looks real solid. It wont get much attention here but it has a real chance to be a really good kids movie.

And yea posting that movies that dont deserve it thread on this but not on a fucking Dinesh D'Souza film is laughable

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The director made the Paddington movies which are wonderful and the cast looks real solid. It wont get much attention here but it has a real chance to be a really good kids movie.

And yea posting that movies that dont deserve it thread on this but not on a fucking Dinesh D'Souza film is laughable
the dinesh dsouza film made 10 million before it went to box office. there is a lot of interest in that subject. how much interest do you think there is in a Willy Wonka prequel? especially after Tim Burton turned Wonka into Michael Jackson?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
How Bout No GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
t. there is a lot of interest in that subject. how much interest do you think there is in a Willy Wonka prequel? e

The interest may be high but it's still a niche movie. Unlike a Willy Wonka movie - established franchise, established/beloved books - and crucially unrestricted by political affiliations

I agreed that the mule movie deserved its own thread, but that's only because this board of big brains is the target audience. That doesn't mean a franchise movie like wonka doesn't

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would love to see a crime thriller where Wonka starts a drug empire with a chocolate factory as a front that ends in him going fully legitimate. Breaking Good: A Wonka Story

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Would love to see a crime thriller where Wonka starts a drug empire with a chocolate factory as a front that ends in him going fully legitimate. Breaking Good: A Wonka Story
Should pickup right when they start licking the walls in the original. Let's see where the snozberries take our miiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnddd

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm gonna be honest.

That looks fucking cringe.

From the focus on the BIPOC sidekick, the exaggerated dialogue style, the "we need to explain the origins of every little thing from the original", and the modern forced humor undercutting every serious moment.

This will be another Han Solo-esque trainwreck.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The bit with the Oompa Loompa was cute but everything about this rings hollow. It wants to be whimsical but is instead spurious.

I don't think CGI helps attempts at live action fairy tales in the slightest. It doesn't look fantastical. It looks cheap.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database