WORLD CUP 2014 - BRAZIL

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Meh, we will see.

Hard to get excited for the new season after this awesome world cup to be honest.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So ok, I'm going to take Jait up on his "Pick a premier team and like them for a year" challenge. Mainly for the fact I really did like watching the World Cup and I have found myself watching soccer on TV when I'm flipping through channels. Plus I came in here and rage quit soccer after the US lost so I must give a shit about it slightly.

So gimme a team to give a shit about. I'm a Miami Dolphins, Washington Wizards , Baltimore Orioles and Washington Capitals fan so even if the team is shitty (which my choices show) (Except Baltimore is doing pretty good actually) I will still root for them.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So ok, I'm going to take Jait up on his "Pick a premier team and like them for a year" challenge. Mainly for the fact I really did like watching the World Cup and I have found myself watching soccer on TV when I'm flipping through channels. Plus I came in here and rage quit soccer after the US lost so I must give a shit about it slightly.

So gimme a team to give a shit about. I'm a Miami Dolphins, Washington Wizards , Baltimore Orioles and Washington Capitals fan so even if the team is shitty (which my choices show) (Except Baltimore is doing pretty good actually) I will still root for them.
See my post on the previous page where I go over the 6 contending teams in the EPL. The thing I forgot to mention is that for at least Liverpool and ManU there are supporter clubs in most major cities that meet at bars for every game regardless of the time to drink and watch the game together. Nothing like having an excuse to start drinking at 5 or 6am.

Here is LFC LA's supporters group:

1398514_520495978054475_2960580306185606062_o.jpg

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

Follow a team with some US players on the roster. Granted their aren't many playing in Europe. Makes it easier to follow the team.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>

I'm from WV and support arsenal so you should too. Also they have a giant gun for a logo. Good team for an American.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
As always, the name of the offender gives the real reason of the crime: Baseel Abdul-Amir Saad

Does this sound like a European-originating name to you? Or a catholic central / south American immigrant's?

No sir, that's a muslim.
So, he's from England?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Follow a team with some US players on the roster. Granted their aren't many playing in Europe. Makes it easier to follow the team.
That really only leaves Everton with Tim Howard.

Stoke have Geoff Cameron & Brek Shea but I've yet to have anybody admit they are a Potters fan, maybe WV and that area of England are similar in their shittiness though?

Brad Guzan plays for Aston Villa who will probably be relegated this year.

Gedion Zelalem hasn't yet said he wants to be an American and he may not even play at Arsenal this year.

That's about it for Americans in England.

Edit: Fucking forgot about Brad Friedel but the guy is 41 or so, backup goalie at Spuds who will probably be starting once Lloris follows through on his statements to leave since Spuds have no CL games again.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Need to look in the Bundeslia then, most prominently Jones playing for Schalke.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Need to look in the Bundeslia then, most prominently Jones playing for Schalke.
The Bundesliga is almost impossible to follow here in the States as it's only on GolTV which isn't standard for most carriers.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Jozy Altidore is playing for Sunderland but I wouldn't recommend following them as they are pretty shit.

I would probably recommend Everton just for the Tim Howard connection. They have a good manager in Martinez, played great football last season to qualify for Europe and are still improving. Not the best team in the EPL so you won't get accused of being a glory hunter and far from being a crap team. They do play an attractive attacking game. (Oh, they have a fierce rivalry to the many Liverpool fans on this forum too so the banter between you guys would be great).

In terms of ranking, I give Everton a B+

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Funny that I forgot about Jozy as well, though I should be forgiven as at Sunderland he looked anything but an actual player.

Edit: I welcome all potential Everton fans. Just don't say I didn't warn you when you become a bitter.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to take the doctors advice and go with Arsenal. Their web page is snazzy
Nooooooooo, we have another Arse-hole!

Kidding!

Springbok is the resident Arse fan so he can give you a run down on your new team.

Solid team to choose even though my team are great rivals with them. A- Rating I would give them.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So my next question is what is the easiest way to watch premier games? It may have already been said in this thread and I'm slightly "special"

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
So my next question is what is the easiest way to watch premier games? It may have already been said in this thread and I'm slightly "special"
NBC now broadcasts premier league games. Saturday mornings for the most part. Also as a new arsenal fan, the first thing you should do is look up youtube highlights of Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, and Robert Pires.

Edit: Also if you want to ease yourself into it and don't want to wake up earlier, you can watch match of the day later. Basically condenses all the days games into about 2 hours, showing very extended highlights of the important bits of each match.