World of Warcraft: Classic

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I know the tides are turning horde, but them 5 man all pally (or 4 pally 1 priest) strat runs are calling me back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
We all know the point of classic was one-shotting some dude in blues because most people can't even function in a 40 man raid, and walking around the main city while people gawk at your glowies that they will never have until blizz starts to hand out charity purples like candy to appease them.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's what I miss the most. Is random strangers on the IF bridge showing me their virtual titties cause I had tier 3

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Tits won't even get you past the asmongold gate
“Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company.”

That is Asmongolds problem in a nutshell.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>

• 1Mother of God

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont know why they are not making this into progression, like EQ does it. They could do this shit like yearly and eek out tons of moneys from peeps. Race from vanilla to Lich King....

xzi

Mouthbreather
I can't imagine they're not going to release TBC/WOTLK once classic is done. Seems foolish to not do so.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My guess is this is their way of dipping toes into that. I figure before long we’ll have a one year cycle ending about LK. Those are the glory days. I’d play the shit out of that.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Who knows really, I mean deep down the folks at Bliz seem to hate classic and are probably butt hurt that it's getting more attention than their shitty live version of the game. I mean just think of all the hoops and salt that had to be jumped through just so they would make a Vanilla server.

Of course if it makes money big daddy Kotick won't give a bag of hairy horse dicks and would personally choke out any dev that didn't support it at that point.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Too much money on the table for them not to do this, but I think it's too early to announce something like that. Wait until people get their fill of classic then BOOM big news keeps you hooked.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah true, like was said I just cant imagine them not doing more. I guess the true telling will be how popular this is and pretty much based on what im seeing this will be fucking YUUUUGE.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Wait until that BFA/WOD lovechild drops another 3 mil subs and HEY DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER ILLIDAN?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Thing is if they do a progression server how far do they go? Do they stop at TBC and/or Wrath? Or do they wade through all xpacs until Live? If they go all the way through at some point they would end up allowing achievements, mounts, titles and shit that are no longer in the game. If they do it in phases for each xpac like they are doing for Classic it might literally take years to go through progression servers.

I think Classic is going to be a fucking blast but in a progression server can you imagine going through the buttfucking that was WOD again?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be cool if they progressed us to LK and then made new expansions that picked up right after LK and branched us in a new direction.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
who cares that's like 8 years from now and they'll be purely ran by tencent by then selling diablo 5g phones

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Most people that are going for that classic feel would probably fall off at or about cataclysm in a prog type server, isnt that when the game went to shit? I mean, yeah they could do like EQ and just do the 12 week exp packs, or they could do like first three exp packs then stop? I mean who the fuck knows.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think people playing live will be too intrigued by the masses of people moving to classic when it goes live, hell what major streamers are even actively playing BFA at this point? People will want to be a part of that excitement.

Classic is going to at least start out as a huge hit and BFA will be a ghost town. They have some major decisions coming up, I'm not sure how you salvage it other than actually working on WoW 2.0

How do they get people to quit their new hard earned Classic characters (that will likely see TBC at some point) to go back to live? What is left there to mine for them?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know it's a pipe dream, but it would be cool if they progressed us to LK and then made new expansions that picked up right after LK and branched us in a new direction.

This would be really cool. Why make another mmo when you can just take this one in an entirely different direction. Yeah, the possibilities are endless here, its just I think hey have no fucking imagination.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Was it not runescape that released a classic server and everyone pretty much bailed on live servers and they dried up?