World of Warcraft: Classic

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The beauty of this is it’s easy to mostly design.

I’d do Classic to WotLK. Gotta do some changes.

- no flying. Love this idea. May not work with flying mounts being a big reward carrot.
- horde/alliance shaman/Paladin - imo you do intro zones and it spits you out at 58 a la DK. Must have a Classic 60 to get 58 spit out on the BE/Draenei races.
- DK starter now spits you out at 68. Must have TBC 70 to get.
- if keeping flying 68 and 78 access only.

I think for a progression race server you gotta make allowances for BE, Draenei, and DKs. Easily fixable. They obviously aren’t available until dark portal opens and then when the ship to BT and HF opens.

Expect the balance patches to roll out similarly. Any hotfixea would obviously be rolled into previous patch.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Thats another thing that ruined WoW IMO was the entire LFG and LFR bullshit. I know this has been argued to death around here, but years later you can see the impact it had on the game and pretty much all negative.

Wrong.

LFG is nothing but a tool to form groups. It is entirely different than what you are talking about, which is Dungeon Finder/Raid Finder. The latter automatically groups you up based on selected role. The former (LFG/LFR tools) just let you list a group that people can apply to and that you have to build yourself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
And this is the problem. Now if FoH couldn't just give up because they already had one notch below on farm maybe you (and the rest of the guild) would have stuck it out.
My.problem with your argument is it comes down to personal responsibility. You see mythic and think that you absolutely need to get there.

There are.plenty of heroic only guilds that never even attempt mythic and they do fine. I tried to transform foh and it only worked out so far. We should've stayed a normal/heroic guild and those wanting mythic should've went elsewhere. If you want to stay with friends for the sake of friendship then you need to understand what you're signing up for.

If you want to do mythic, do mythic. It isn't for everyone.

I just don't agree with lowering the difficulty of an optional part of the game that is of no consequence to someone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

In live WoW there is absolutely no reason to farm a previous tier unless you're trying to sell Mythic end boss mounts for guild gold. Once the new tier releases a variety of content drops gear that is better than the previous Mythic raid tier ilvl. Current tier heroic raids drop higher ilvl than the previous tier's Mythic difficulty.

Noodle is right and people even tried to warn the forum guild that it wouldn't work out because half of the guild wasn't willing to put the effort into being Mythic raiders. It was a doomed effort from the start. You can't have it both ways.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that was quick. I found out about Will It Classic - A Community driven source for up to date information on addons for Classic WoW and there is someone making an LFG/LFR addon for classic:

Nuke it from orbit.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah I wanted to do "mythic" but I didn't want to quit the guild I was in to find another one over it so I quit the game instead. You think that's good for the health of the game, I do not.

I'd rather there be one mode thats more difficult than heroic, but not something catering to no lifer guilds like Method.

I also think they'd be better off not wasting time with new leveling zones and multiple raid difficulties and instead focusing on not letting massive amounts of time between new end game content lapse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

There are going to be certain QoL things that everyone is going to be upset about. For instance, when Vanguard introduced its dual targetting system everyone lauded it as a great breakthrough. WoW added focustarget for a similar setup. But classic isn't going to have focus targets enabled which kind of sucks.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
There are going to be certain QoL things that everyone is going to be upset about. For instance, when Vanguard introduced its dual targetting system everyone lauded it as a great breakthrough. WoW added focustarget for a similar setup. But classic isn't going to have focus targets enabled which kind of sucks.
I do agree some QoL changes would be nice but how far is too far is the problem. I don't trust them not to fuck it up. I'd honestly love to have dual specs in the game, or at least massively reduce the cost to respec.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I wanted to do "mythic" but I didn't want to quit the guild I was in to find another one over it so I quit the game instead. You think that's good for the health of the game, I do not.

I'd rather there be one mode thats more difficult than heroic, but not something catering to no lifer guilds like Method.

I also think they'd be better off not wasting time with new leveling zones and multiple raid difficulties and instead focusing on not letting massive amounts of time between new end game content lapse.
I think fundamentally we are on different wavelengths here. Neither of us is going to agree the other is right.

It was a hard decision to leave my guild to pursue a challenge, even harder because I had been the GM for years.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I don't have a problem with LFG, but cross-server anything should die a horrible death.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I think fundamentally we are on different wavelengths here. Neither of us is going to agree the other is right.

It was a hard decision to leave my guild to pursue a challenge, even harder because I had been the GM for years.
Then the guild died and you stopped playing altogether. I've also left guilds to go to better guilds and ended up quitting later on. Some of that is going to happen no matter what, I don't want a faceroll easy game, I actually want things to be difficult enough where accomplishing something feels special. I just don't think having different tiers of options for the same content is healthy for the game overall.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I doubt that I'll get a beta invite for this, but on my Bnet launcher the Play button has no other options, like region / ptr, I'm assuming that IF my account gets tagged, then that option will appear? I've seen several of the streamers playing Classic all have various options appear above the Play button.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then the guild died and you stopped playing altogether. I've also left guilds to go to better guilds and ended up quitting later on. Some of that is going to happen no matter what, I don't want a faceroll easy game, I actually want things to be difficult enough where accomplishing something feels special. I just don't think having different tiers of options for the same content is healthy for the game overall.
You're correct. The different tiers of content just split the playerbase up, just like a paid DLC does. Don't have the DLC for whatever reason? Too bad, can't do the content that other people are then moving on too. I imagine the various tiers of raids hurt the playerbase (guilds) as much as the raid size reduction, since the higher you go, the lower that population will be.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

The current Mythic tier difficulty fractures guilds and creates a lot of turmoil and strife. It's absolutely bad for the game because guilds stop being social networks of people who enjoy playing together and instead become a means to an end meant to satisfy personal achievement.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The current Mythic tier difficulty fractures guilds and creates a lot of turmoil and strife. It's absolutely bad for the game because guilds stop being social networks of people who enjoy playing together and instead become a means to an end meant to satisfy personal achievement.
Yeah, but look at the size of my mythic dikkkk when I succeed in game and destroy what socializing is left in my at all costs guild brah.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Way to do progression servers is to have Classic only servers and Burning Crusade only servers and Wrath only servers.

Then if you are on a Classic server you can talk to a NPC at the Dark Portal lv60 and permanently transfer your character to the Burning Crusade server, so the players decide when to progress or not.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One thing that was made better, but also made the game worse is no longer requiring folks to play the previous tier to play the current tier. Just because you were clearing BWL didn't mean you didn't also do MC. So few gear pieces dropped, and turnover was a thing in a 40mam raid, you needed to field recruits or hope your chest drops after 9 months of farming it. I grew so disgustingly bored with MC after doing it every fucking week for nearly 2 years. Doing Ony because three players needed helms, but we'd get two paladin helms on horde and end up wanting to murder someone...

It was also funny seeing who would show up for MC, but not BWL or AQ until it was farm status. Tried to keep track of those so they stayed at the bottom of the loot wheel. Some fucks like the easy road.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Way to do progression servers is to have Classic only servers and Burning Crusade only servers and Wrath only servers.

Then if you are on a Classic server you can talk to a NPC at the Dark Portal lv60 and permanently transfer your character to the Burning Crusade server, so the players decide when to progress or not.
Don't like the idea of a permanent transfer, goes against the whole losing your character. Maybe offer a one time copy from Classic to TBC, then the same from TBC to Wrath.

As far as progression servers, or what old content they should cover, should absolutely stop at Wrath. They literally haven't added anything substantial to the game since then other than the overworld redesign and phasing. That and I want another chance at 25man Lich King. My guild got stuck on Sindragosa, but got him in 10man.