World of Warcraft: Classic

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Hardcore mode in wow seems pointless, unless you're racing for speed where you are forced to take risks it's not possible to die while questing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hardcore mode in wow seems pointless, unless you're racing for speed where you are forced to take risks it's not possible to die while questing.

What you do is you turn it on, die at level 1 and then forever have a debuff that I try and cleanse at the start of AV.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's happens to me, but mostly because I am watching TV or posting on FOH while questing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly its so stupid because its such a timesink. On the flip side though the HC experience is prob curing a lot of people of their wow addictions lool. Imagine ggetting to 60 after like a few weeks of being carful and dying with some plebs in your UBRS group or some shit, or better yet get all pre-BIS ready for raid and die to some trash in MC...LOOOL

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Jom Gabbar got nuked due to Gold Buying:

I wasn't really going anywhere anyway after I got my cheap horse but once I started talking to people and found out how borked the honor grind was that was it for me. Handing out some vacations is fine but the whole Season of Mastery thing is kind of shit.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wasn't really going anywhere anyway after I got my cheap horse but once I started talking to people and found out how borked the honor grind was that was it for me. Handing out some vacations is fine but the whole Season of Mastery thing is kind of shit.
I cancelled my account. Made it to 30 on my mage. I really needed a friend or two to hang with but all of them were like... Nope.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I cancelled my account. Made it to 30 on my mage. I really needed a friend or two to hang with but all of them were like... Nope.

They got two months out of me, canceled, runs out in a couple days. I'm sure SoM was a financial success but the diminishing returns on these things is going to be brutal if they don't really bust out some fancy shit for the next batch. I'm more burned out on WoW after not really that much of initial classic and SoM than I am on EQ TLPs and I am really burned out on EQ TLPs.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jom Gabbar got nuked due to Gold Buying:

Fuck Blizzard if they would do these ban waves at least monthly with 6 month suspensions it might mean something, but the fact this is on a classic SoM server you can't help but roll your eyes and think who gives a fuck.

Maybe someday in the future another company will revitalize the MMORPG market until then it might as well be dead era of the past.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same. I hit 36 and cancelled. I was playing super casually anyways and and everyone already quit so didnt really have a desire to log on. Running around STV and seeing no one to kill was reason enough to cancel.

• 1Solidarity

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
ihzp0gjgeib81.png

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

It's often tough for self-imposed challenges to also be enjoyable. When it's connected to mastery of a thing alright but limiting yourself to low tier strats/chars/whatevers just kinda feels bad. Setting up your own rules for yourself is also way easier than getting a whole raid or guild on the same page. There's a few games I play in a manner I couldn't ever sell anyone else on.

If I've got to pitch a difficulty slider for WoW Season of Mastery how about less numbers = more loot? The fewer people you clear a raid with the more loot each boss drops with an extra cosmetic perk for doing a thing with really low numbers. It's harder but also rewards the big autismo min maxing.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got to max level and did some hoor grind for a few weeks then jsut lost interest.

• 2Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Holy shit I'm having flashbacks from EQ circa 1999. Any anti-social stuff was never the account owners fault, no. It was my little brother that ninja looted, or scammed you on a trade, not meeee! lol

I didn't plan on doing the SoM servers, but 4 of us RL friends are casually leveling and running dungeons a few times a week, it's been fun.

Somehow we ended up on a hardcore mode server. At first I was confused why someone was bothering to kite a dragon to Goldshire and Stormwind just to one shot the perma-death people, but after 45 levels of the HC people shitting on everyone (leapfrogging quest named, refusing to group for group credit, being overall shitheads) I can totally get behind that. Also funny when a 60 warlock casts an infernal on them, also one shotting most of em. Keep up the good work!

• 3Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I forgot how insanely broken shamans are in classic PVP with chain lightning. That shit is criminal.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity