World of Warcraft: Classic

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Started up a paladin on alliance westfall to get ready for WotLK. If anyone wants to play alliance and needs a guild hit me up, have about 20 or so planning on playing.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Going on a fresh wow horde server with a few people, havent touched classic but I enjoyed wrath so will give it a shot. Doubt it lasts long , who knows.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am telling you Blizzard fucked themselves square in the fucking asshole by not utilizing the extreme amount of fan talent many of which would have probably worked for free to get their foot in the door when Blizzard wasn't a cucked SJW terrorscape of aids and American Inventor shit. For years people have latched on and built countless addons, skins, voiceovers, you name it. Some of the mods have been so impressive they eclipse what the people at Blizz make, which outs them as the failure fraud dogshit they are which is why they probably are afraid to engage these people. Many of the addon makers should of been instantly fucking hired and asked to implement these things into the games built in base UI.

Then again they have let a multibillion dollar genre slip through their fingers with the entire MOBA market because they were too arrogant and stupid. I hope Bobby set the faggot who made that call on fire for losing him billions of bucks.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I am telling you Blizzard fucked themselves square in the fucking asshole by not utilizing the extreme amount of fan talent many of which would have probably worked for free to get their foot in the door when Blizzard wasn't a cucked SJW terrorscape of aids and American Inventor shit.
The cold, hard truth is: Blizzard did exactly that. They hired from the fans:
  • Do you remember Indalamar, who showed everyone that they are playing warrior wrong in beta? Blizzard hired him.
  • Ion was hired after raising a stink that C'thun is mathematically impossible, together with his theorycrafting buddies. Kevin Jordan let it slip a bit that he wasn't all that happy with the decision, especially because he thought the math was flawed. In hindsight, Jordan was probably right, because even bringing all those theorycrafters on board didn't help balance the game one bit. In some cases it made the balancing even worse.
  • There was this one machinima maker that Blizzard hired after his video made the rounds at the BlizzCon video comp. I forgot his name, maybe Terran Gregory? He made the Wrathgate cinematic, I think.
The cold, hard truth is probably: No talented "normal" person can afford to work for Blizzard anymore. Because Blizzard ain't paying six figures for most jobs, but you need six figures to live in California where Blizzard is. So only the "activist" types go to work there, which somehow seem to get their funding by different means.

Then again they have let a multibillion dollar genre slip through their fingers with the entire MOBA market because they were too arrogant and stupid.
Mark Kern himself said that after Blizzard North split because they didn't want to do Diablo 3, and a lot of tech talent left to found Arena.Net and make Guild Wars, they may not even have had "enough Blizzard Blue" to finish even WoW. Mark Kern then scrambled to find a suitable engineer to finish the network stack for WoW, or the project would've been cancelled. That's how desperate they were.

MOBA games were definitely on their radar, they just went all in with WoW.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Blizzard is also affected by having demands and expectations that fall outside the Gamersphere.

IMO, the merger should have never happened in 2008 but people want to get rich, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I am telling you Blizzard fucked themselves square in the fucking asshole by not utilizing the extreme amount of fan talent many of which would have probably worked for free to get their foot in the door when Blizzard wasn't a cucked SJW terrorscape of aids and American Inventor shit. For years people have latched on and built countless addons, skins, voiceovers, you name it. Some of the mods have been so impressive they eclipse what the people at Blizz make, which outs them as the failure fraud dogshit they are which is why they probably are afraid to engage these people. Many of the addon makers should of been instantly fucking hired and asked to implement these things into the games built in base UI.

Then again they have let a multibillion dollar genre slip through their fingers with the entire MOBA market because they were too arrogant and stupid. I hope Bobby set the faggot who made that call on fire for losing him billions of bucks.
Yeah I don't understand how the best Blizzard could come up with was SoM. The possibilities for Vanilla+ are nearly limitless, and they add slightly faster xp and make some raid bosses a little harder...

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
IMO, the merger should have never happened in 2008 but people want to get rich, etc.
It's not like Blizzard had a choice: Vivendi needed the cash, and Activision was buying.

Yeah I don't understand how the best Blizzard could come up with was SoM. The possibilities for Vanilla+ are nearly limitless, and they add slightly faster xp and make some raid bosses a little harder...
For that you need talented and motivated developers, and managers that approve those ideas. Turns out, the managers are told to reduce costs, so they probably don't approve of those ideas. And then the talented ant motivated people are either no longer motivated, or no longer at the company.

Remember Omar, the guy that single-handedly made the Vanilla WoW work in a modern WoW client in two weeks? He left the company.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Related to this video the new patch changes.

started up on turtle wow, pretty fun. It's a lot of what I always wished WoW classic could become. Loads of new quests, some QOL changes. Paladin change is cool, adding high elves was cool. Having revamped stormwind with an actual harbor is cool. Their ideas for PVP where you get a big bonus for flagging for PVP is great, the hardcore mode is well thought out too.

Really hats off to that dev team. Unfortunately I am sure blizz will kill them eventually since it is monetized. Population is actually crazy high too, tons and tons of people leveling in the lowbie zones, stormwind was legit crowded.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
started up on turtle wow, pretty fun. It's a lot of what I always wished WoW classic could become. Loads of new quests, some QOL changes. Paladin change is cool, adding high elves was cool. Having revamped stormwind with an actual harbor is cool. Their ideas for PVP where you get a big bonus for flagging for PVP is great, the hardcore mode is well thought out too.

Really hats off to that dev team. Unfortunately I am sure blizz will kill them eventually since it is monetized. Population is actually crazy high too, tons and tons of people leveling in the lowbie zones, stormwind was legit crowded.
The changes are what really grabbed my attention including class changes and new content. Seriously considering diving in as something that formerly sucked like an off spec druid, pally, or mage.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard should feel ashamed of themselves. I cant remember the last time this many random people talked to me, randoms grouping with me, doing random shit together and more. I took a trip to a Warlock quest in barrens last night and it took me for fucking ever to get there at my characters low level. Took lots of time? Sure. It could have been used leveling up instead, but I had forgotten just how big the base world was.

All playing classic has done is just make me fucking sad at the state of WoW Retail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard should feel ashamed of themselves. I cant remember the last time this many random people talked to me, randoms grouping with me, doing random shit together and more. I took a trip to a Warlock quest in barrens last night and it took me for fucking ever to get there at my characters low level. Took lots of time? Sure. It could have been used leveling up instead, but I had forgotten just how big the base world was.

All playing classic has done is just make me fucking sad at the state of WoW Retail.
Classic through wrath are all fucking fun. And if my money would go to the original peeps that built it, I’d be on board more so. I also dont have the time and I don’t want to repeat what sucked so much time in the past for me. But man that era was so much fun.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Classic through wrath are all fucking fun. And if my money would go to the original peeps that built it, I’d be on board more so. I also dont have the time and I don’t want to repeat what sucked so much time in the past for me. But man that era was so much fun.
Our wow guild started as a casual friends guild. We all leveled at the same pace and those who played more did shit like trades, playing the AH, grinding faction etc to keep in the range. We explored everything and the breadth of the game back then was crazy. The portal zones they put in with whatever the fuck that Central hub was called in TBC really diminished the scale of the world and it just kept getting worse in Wrath.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The cold, hard truth is: Blizzard did exactly that. They hired from the fans:
  • Do you remember Indalamar, who showed everyone that they are playing warrior wrong in beta? Blizzard hired him.
  • Ion was hired after raising a stink that C'thun is mathematically impossible, together with his theorycrafting buddies. Kevin Jordan let it slip a bit that he wasn't all that happy with the decision, especially because he thought the math was flawed. In hindsight, Jordan was probably right, because even bringing all those theorycrafters on board didn't help balance the game one bit. In some cases it made the balancing even worse.
  • There was this one machinima maker that Blizzard hired after his video made the rounds at the BlizzCon video comp. I forgot his name, maybe Terran Gregory? He made the Wrathgate cinematic, I think.
The cold, hard truth is probably: No talented "normal" person can afford to work for Blizzard anymore. Because Blizzard ain't paying six figures for most jobs, but you need six figures to live in California where Blizzard is. So only the "activist" types go to work there, which somehow seem to get their funding by different means.

Mark Kern himself said that after Blizzard North split because they didn't want to do Diablo 3, and a lot of tech talent left to found Arena.Net and make Guild Wars, they may not even have had "enough Blizzard Blue" to finish even WoW. Mark Kern then scrambled to find a suitable engineer to finish the network stack for WoW, or the project would've been cancelled. That's how desperate they were.

MOBA games were definitely on their radar, they just went all in with WoW.

Your examples are Blizz hiring raiders, with the exception of the cinema guy.

Booze was saying they went wrong by not hiring content/addon builders. Like, actual fan devs.

Hiring people who break your game versus hiring people that add to your game is a different philosophy.

• 1Like