World of Warcraft: Classic

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I guess the only incentive would be in case they end up releasing cosmetics/achievements/titles that crossover between live and classic.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know if there's any incentive to using an older account when subbing for Classic? I guess I would have to track mine down.
No--at least not yet. They said that they will not mix Classic and Live except battle.net integration for chat, but this is across all their games. But no transmogs/mounts/achievements, so it is pretty pointless.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
No--at least not yet. They said that they will not mix Classic and Live except battle.net integration for chat, but this is across all their games. But no transmogs/mounts/achievements, so it is pretty pointless.

No way I'm using a 2nd Big Blizzard Bear then, that thing is worth way too much, even if I have no idea how to sell it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At one point my main account was hacked by some chinaman. It was lost for a long fucking time (never really cared because why?) until I finally got back to wanting to play wow and I found proof that this was my account, I think they needed my card number from back when it was my account? Or the actual key I used to activate account? I remember me sending them a whole bunch of shit to resolve it, even pict of my drivers license and shit. I finally got the account back but I never bothered to play on it since I made a new one that I bought some expansions on anyway.

But when I subbed this time for the beta (hopeful) I subbed on this main old account and finally logged into some of those characters. Most were stripped but my Belf hunter had all the gear on it, better than I remember ever having, and bags and bags full of mats, lol. Probably worth a few gold even now.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I dug up my old account, and checked the box for beta because why the hell not. If nothing else I will get my mods situated and ready to go for day one. I read that it releases 8/27, but someone said it actually releases the 26th in the US... any idea why?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess I will go on and install as well. Wonder how my laptop will run WoW, should be fine I imagine.
My laptop runs current wow like shit. Several years old though. The game has been updated graphically. And it's not optimized.

Khane

For now, who knows what Activision will do in the future.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
My laptop runs current wow like shit. Several years old though. The game has been updated graphically. And it's not optimized.
My laptop is from last year, it's nothing crazy but it's a Lenovo gaming laptop. I don't need it to be on tip top graphics, just want it to run decently and not hang up in the chaos of AoEs.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Logged into Blizzards website to see if I could even remember my password from my 2004 account, looks like its banned. Wonder if it got hacked and turned into a bot, don't really want to have to buy a new box to play this.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Don't you need to own BFA to play classic?

I think buying BFA makes your account current - you don't need to buy the base game and every expac IIRC.

Khane

WoW base game is free now. You only need to buy a sub. This is includes everything except BfA. I am not sure if you need a BfA license to play Classic.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
don't really want to have to buy a new box to play this
You don't have to. At least not for classic. They are giving out Battle Chests for free now as trial account, which is everything except the latest expansion.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I leveled up through the Forsaken starting area and man have I missed that. Its atmospheric and done well. There's a little bit of running but not too bad, things are spaced out just fine.

It makes me really loathe the Live version even more. It reminds me that for some reason Blizzard got the stupid idea in their head to congest every zone with stupid shit. Its like before my uncle got divorced, his wife filled every spot on the walls and counter space with some knick-nack or other nonsense. There was a small stretch of sidewalk from the driveway leading to the front door. Between that and the front of the house was a patch of grass about 1ft by 6ft, which was littered with these tiny poles with shit like pinwheels or fake flowers. The front door had a potted plant on each side she'd bring out every morning before going to work and take back in when she got home. Potted plants...outside.

That's what the Live version looks like now: this clusterfuck abortion of home design.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
playing on the PvE realm for now as I relearn everything. Feel free to add Tantrik, pally. Always down for dungeon runs, help with elites, when I’m on.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Anyone know if there's any incentive to using an older account when subbing for Classic? I guess I would have to track mine down.

If you're talking about beta chances, a bunch of 2004 people are in beta, but someone I play with occasionally didn't start playing until WoD and got into beta so.. completely random I imagine