World of Warcraft: Classic

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Made my way to Southshore to complete a quest. First real PVP I have seen on Barman that wasnt just some rogue ganking lowbies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
A HUGE amount of people are doing the hardcore / permadeath thing, and apparently there's an Ironman buff for them in game now. I don't see that happening on a pvp server though lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Made my way to Southshore to complete a quest. First real PVP I have seen on Barman that wasnt just some rogue ganking lowbies.
Ive run into a ton of pvp though most has been rogues trying to camp or groups of horde.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't understand the point of SoM. There's no incentive to do it really if you already played classic. If they made the raids drop more and/or new items to go along with the increased difficulty... that could be interesting if done correctly. Or if they added more content after Naxx. But there's none of that, its the exact same experience with a few more raid mechanics per boss... zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't understand the point of SoM. There's no incentive to do it really if you already played classic. If they made the raids drop more and/or new items to go along with the increased difficulty... that could be interesting if done correctly. Or if they added more content after Naxx. But there's none of that, its the exact same experience with a few more raid mechanics per boss... zzzzzzzzzzzz.
They needed cash. That's why the released it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
…what was the point of classic?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
A HUGE amount of people are doing the hardcore / permadeath thing, and apparently there's an Ironman buff for them in game now. I don't see that happening on a pvp server though lol
Id say over half of obsidian edge is doing this shit and it’s pretty awful but they all seem to die off by the time you’re in STV thankfullu

lvling an alt Druid for no reason and it’s giga fucking packed in the 20s areas still

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Id say over half of obsidian edge is doing this shit and it’s pretty awful but they all seem to die off by the time you’re in STV thankfullu

lvling an alt Druid for no reason and it’s giga fucking packed in the 20s areas still
Let me guess you rolled Ally? Horde side is fucking empty. My guess this server is like 80-20 or even 90-10. When I first logged on like a week ago to the orc place? I thought it was a dead server. Like only one other orc there lol. Barrens was pretty barren too lol. Org is pretty much empty and the AH is pitiful on items and such.

Finally got my Bloodseeker x bow last night form AV. Only took 45K honor, 370 HKs and about 20 games to finally win one fucking AV.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
…what was the point of classic?
The nostalgia feels mannnnnnnn.....

Seriously, it was so we could all bulldoze through the old raids while drinking and having fun while topping the dps charts to feel good. Unlike modern WoW or FFXIV where you have to be super sweaty for a 10+ minute boss fight with mechanics that belong in Mario Odyssey.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Took this a few days ago.

WoWScrnShot_120321_231822.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sub expired today, almost hit 31...

Not sure if i want to re sub or not, i kind of liked just logging in and doing a few quests and being done but at the same time the fact i can't stand playing longer than a raid takes doesn't bold well.

I've leveled as tank spec (def parry working towards anger management) and it's not been bad at all, just wish there was more dungeons worth a fuck, i know sm is right around the corner and that should be enjoyable and an easy route to 40 but stv would probably be a lot faster than grinding dungeons.

I hate that there's so few options to play an mmo these days.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Not sure if i want to re sub or not, i kind of liked just logging in and doing a few quests and being done but at the same time the fact i can't stand playing longer than a raid takes doesn't bold well.

I've leveled as tank spec (def parry working towards anger management) and it's not been bad at all, just wish there was more dungeons worth a fuck, i know sm is right around the corner and that should be enjoyable and an easy route to 40 but stv would probably be a lot faster than grinding dungeons.

I am 27 on my mage. Havent set foot in a dungeon and probably wont. I have no desire to group with the majority of people I see running around. I think with the quest/group exp changes I am more efficient solo and grouping up for elite quests. 27 frost mage is a solo death machine. Thinking i might pause at 29 and do some battlegrounds for a bit so I can destroy people while they still have relatively low hitpoints.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mages ARE the meta in Classic from PVE down to PVP.
I kept wondering when the fuck the mage trainer was gonna give me portal spells. I finally looked it up and it was seven levels ago. I didnt know there was a different trainer for portal spells. I am an idiot. On the other hand the runes are so expensive I probably couldnt have afforded to be portaling around 7 levels ago.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I’m only 31 as well. It’s nice logging in once or twice a week and just mindlessly questing and not worrying about shit. I’m in no rush to sit in MC and UBRS all day.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
they really should have doubled the drops with how fast this content is coming out lol

edit: whats the most populated pvp server? i think i might just reroll this pve server is actually next level retarded from hardcore players

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
they really should have doubled the drops with how fast this content is coming out lol

edit: whats the most populated pvp server? i think i might just reroll this pve server is actually next level retarded from hardcore players
A few of us are still putzing along on Barman

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider

Jom had 16 Rank 1 spots for pvp if that gives you an idea on horde. Shadowstrike has 1 slot.

• 1Like