World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I fucking hate that, sometimes i want to have the TV on or im talking to other people in the room, or i just dont want to deal with somebody whining about "insert shitty player" in their group. voice in raids and some M+'s is pretty much mandatory but i am not sitting in that shit if i dont have to.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finished simplifying simcraft's arms dps list. Remember, my goal was to make these human readable/playable so I could get more realistic comparisons and results.

actions+=/battle_cry
actions+=/avatar

actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=spell_targets.whirlwind>3
actions+=/run_action_list,name=single

actions.aoe+=/warbreaker,if=cooldown.bladestorm.remains=0
actions.aoe+=/bladestorm
actions.aoe+=/colossus_smash,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down
actions.aoe+=/cleave
actions.aoe+=/whirlwind

actions.single+=/colossus_smash,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down|buff.shattered_defenses.down
actions.single+=/warbreaker,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down
actions.single+=/overpower,if=buff.overpower.react
actions.single+=/mortal_strike
actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=buff.focused_rage.stack<3|buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up
actions.single+=/execute
actions.single+=/whirlwind,if=talent.fervor_of_battle.enabled&(buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.focused_rage.stack=3|!talent.focused_rage.enabled)
actions.single+=/slam,if=!talent.ferver_of_battle.enabled&(buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.focused_rage.stack=3|!talent.focused_rage.enabled)
actions.single+=/bladestorm

Even at 5 targets, it seems counter intuitive to use Colossus Smash, but it's a dps increase. The single target priorities still look complicated if you include focused rage. And while I was using my character(ilvl 840) for comparisons, I couldn't figure out why everyone would use focused rage when it only gave them +5% dps. When you get In For The Kill(because mortal combo is bad), Dauntless, Precise Strikes, and Archavon's Heavy Hand, you can't actually spend your rage fast enough.

Focused rage is primarily a dps gain because it has an off-gcd rage sink, that's it.

Other problem arms faces: its AE is not as good as fury because its best AE stat is haste, but mastery is best for ST. Fury enjoys haste as best stat for both target types. Adding cleave to tactician might help solve this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's all they use. Guild chat is dead silent even with a dozen people on.

On the plus side, chat typed into discord is saved even if you aren't around for it, so that's kinda nice.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finished simplifying simcraft's arms dps list. Remember, my goal was to make these human readable/playable so I could get more realistic comparisons and results.

actions+=/battle_cry
actions+=/avatar

actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=spell_targets.whirlwind>3
actions+=/run_action_list,name=single

actions.aoe+=/warbreaker,if=cooldown.bladestorm.remains=0
actions.aoe+=/bladestorm
actions.aoe+=/colossus_smash,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down
actions.aoe+=/cleave
actions.aoe+=/whirlwind

actions.single+=/colossus_smash,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down|buff.shattered_defenses.down
actions.single+=/warbreaker,if=debuff.colossus_smash.down
actions.single+=/overpower,if=buff.overpower.react
actions.single+=/mortal_strike
actions.single+=/focused_rage,if=buff.focused_rage.stack<3|buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up
actions.single+=/execute
actions.single+=/whirlwind,if=talent.fervor_of_battle.enabled&(buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.focused_rage.stack=3|!talent.focused_rage.enabled)
actions.single+=/slam,if=!talent.ferver_of_battle.enabled&(buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.up|buff.focused_rage.stack=3|!talent.focused_rage.enabled)
actions.single+=/bladestorm

Even at 5 targets, it seems counter intuitive to use Colossus Smash, but it's a dps increase. The single target priorities still look complicated if you include focused rage. And while I was using my character(ilvl 840) for comparisons, I couldn't figure out why everyone would use focused rage when it only gave them +5% dps. When you get In For The Kill(because mortal combo is bad), Dauntless, Precise Strikes, and Archavon's Heavy Hand, you can't actually spend your rage fast enough.

Focused rage is primarily a dps gain because it has an off-gcd rage sink, that's it.

Other problem arms faces: its AE is not as good as fury because its best AE stat is haste, but mastery is best for ST. Fury enjoys haste as best stat for both target types. Adding cleave to tactician might help solve this.
Can you run all the numbers for outlaw rogue for me, so I can fix my Ovale priority to something that's useful?!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can you run all the numbers for outlaw rogue for me, so I can fix my Ovale priority to something that's useful?!
Didn't take me that long! Couple hours to whittle down the list to something playable. Can't say I know rogue well enough though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's wrong with Ovale Rogue stuff? Just smash those buttons as it pops them up? haha

Deathwing Deathwing So in a TLDR version, what did you remove? Is there redundant things in the normal SimC list, so you just simplified it? I'm curious how you could have changed it and maintained the same DPS? And if that's the case, why does SimC make it so difficult and/or complicated?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The SimC lists are optimized for a machine, at the very least. Can you(or do you even want to) make this kind of decision split second?

actions+=/focused_rage,if=buff.battle_cry_deadly_calm.remains>cooldown.focused_rage.remains&(buff.focused_rage.stack<3|!cooldown.mortal_strike.up)&((!buff.focused_rage.react&prev_gcd.mortal_strike)|!prev_gcd.mortal_strike)

In terms of simplifying the list to human playability, I'm willing to accept single digit dps losses depending on the changes.

And some of these lists are optimized for certain specs or pieces of gear. Priorities change as you get certain pieces of gear or talents, that should be expected. But basing your stat weights on an arms list that contains a bunch of predicates based on archavon's heavy hand is just wrong(unless you have that piece of gear...). At the very least, that devalues haste due to hitting the rage cap.

I think starting with a simpler list then modify it as you get gear is a better way to go, that's why I shared my result. At certain artifact levels and talents, slam and whirlwind will switch spots as your arms filler. You decide which to use based on sim results.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I dont like the RNG in Outlaw, and Sin destroys it in ST - Likewise with poison bomb procs it can match well with outlaw AE and beat it if it procs on large groups. However that portion of Sin dmg is itself RNG.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I dont like the RNG in Outlaw, and Sin destroys it in ST - Likewise with poison bomb procs it can match well with outlaw AE and beat it if it procs on large groups. However that portion of Sin dmg is itself RNG.
I did an EoA this morning and on each boss I started out with the full set of RtB buffs... 1% chance each time you roll... and absolute raped everything. Do a heroic NL and didn't get than two buffs the entire time. It's just fucking terrible. Give me a talent to ensure I always get True Bearing in addition to whatever else I roll in RtB and I would like it "more".

Brikker

Trump's Staff
EST Master Race reporting in and confirming - fuck your M+ after 11PM.

East Africa Time zone reporting in and confirming...FML. At least I work nights so I'm on from ~11am server until midnight-ish server.

I need to be more assertive with Mythic+, I think. I'm usually just waiting for other people to form groups because it's (currently) easy for me to kill time questing or whatever. I'll start trying to get groups together for them.

If I run a regular mythic before I loot my Mythic+ weekly chest, will I get a regular +2 key? I kind of would prefer to start there each week and rank it up, even though my chances of gear are much lower under Mythic 5 or 6.

As an aside, I had no idea we would be in Emerald Nightmare and the Trial raid until 2017...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I did an EoA this morning and on each boss I started out with the full set of RtB buffs... 1% chance each time you roll... and absolute raped everything. Do a heroic NL and didn't get than two buffs the entire time. It's just fucking terrible. Give me a talent to ensure I always get True Bearing in addition to whatever else I roll in RtB and I would like it "more".

Yeah but even when Outlaw is raping its not sustaining 350+, atleast not without legendaries and such tmk. I mean its a good spec and all but i prefer solid and consistent dps. I was initially outlaw bc it just seemed the better choice but then i was like,..man im tired of this RNG in my RNG so f it.

To edit, i mean sustaining as in not just bursting and something dies in -40sec i mean over 3-4min etc.

• 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I'm a 110 Vengeance Demon Hunter, ilvl 847, and I'm squishy as fuck tanking M+.

Reading further up the page, I see that secondary stats are more important than main stats? What should I be gearing for? Versatility? Mastery? Up until now I've just been throwing on whatever was a higher ilvl item to raise my stamina.

Edit: I've never been a theory crafter, and I kind of suck at games where that tends to be a major focus.

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah but even when Outlaw is raping its not sustaining 350+, atleast not without legendaries and such tmk. I mean its a good spec and all but i prefer solid and consistent dps. I was initially outlaw bc it just seemed the better choice but then i was like,..man im tired of this RNG in my RNG so f it.

To edit, i mean sustaining as in not just bursting and something dies in -40sec i mean over 3-4min etc.

^ This is my problem with Outlaw (aside from the rng bullshit) - It feels like a luxury spec since the nerf. It's great for wrecking trash packs while speed running low-level m+ but it doesn't have the sustained ST dps to really contribute on harder content without lucky rolls.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So, I'm a 110 Vengeance Demon Hunter, ilvl 847, and I'm squishy as fuck tanking M+.

Reading further up the page, I see that secondary stats are more important than main stats? What should I be gearing for? Versatility? Mastery? Up until now I've just been throwing on whatever was a higher ilvl item to raise my stamina.

Edit: I've never been a theory crafter, and I kind of suck at games where that tends to be a major focus.

Icy Veins

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The biggest down fall to this expansion is how skewed everything is to the perfect secondary stats your spec needs. Throwing on whatever ilvl increase item on is the quickest way to make your character garbage.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Finally got my first one and just finished up being able to wear two legendaries order hall upgrade. Now just got to wait for my second one.
Guild was congratulating me on achieving a legendary. Unfortunately, as it turns out, it didn't mean what they tought it was.

Still waiting for the first one, then I can wait for the second...