World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm in the forum "corpse" guild though, maybe that's the problem?

Actually yes.

The drop rate of legendaries on Mythic raids is much higher than Heroic.

But two legendaries is average for the lower tier content players. Having the need to swap legendaries for specific encounters only really matters in Mythic so two legendaries is more than sufficient for you guys.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
a_skeleton_02 why not show us just how great you are. Lead a raid or ten for us. Teach us oh mighty one.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
a_skeleton_02 why not show us just how great you are. Lead a raid or ten for us. Teach us oh mighty one.

Uh...Actually I didn't do a Heroic EN this week.

You guys want me to come in and run it with you?

Hell I'm sure we could kill Mythic Nythendra as well.

I'm saved but the first three bosses of heroic NH are brain dead as well.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still haven't seen Mythic progression on WOW Progress. Is this tier that legit or did M+ no increase in iLVL this patch. Who would've thought that progressing through raids meant you had to progress through raids.

Rime

<Donor>
Still haven't seen Mythic progression on WOW Progress. Is this tier that legit or did M+ no increase in iLVL this patch. Who would've thought that progressing through raids meant you had to progress through raids.

Mythic Nighthold does not open until Tuesday.

Mythic+ items have a higher item level starting this Tuesday. I believe clearing M+15 results in the box awarding you with 900 base items.

This is also one of the easiest weeks to get to M+15.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game actually requires more poopsocking on the high end than it used to. In bc I was in a small roster guild of like 30 ppl that server firsted all of sunwell on area 52, and top 10d some fights in US. While working 60-80 hours a week. I'd stand zero chance of pulling that off in today's endless mythic + runs to be raid ready scenario.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand "finally" got my *fourth* legendary. Is that like the normal now? I have two and thought I was lucky.

So hardly anytime to play this week. Assume by next week it will be the usual 'link achieve for invite' or 'i890 or kick' bullshit in pf again

Eh, for reference my guild is US 44th atm and I probably play a lot more than many people here. Some of our other raiders are on their 5th or 6th legendary, so I've been rather behind in comparison and have been quite due for that 4th one for a while, so this was a pretty big kick in the dick when I'm already struggling to get off the bench.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Game actually requires more poopsocking on the high end than it used to. In bc I was in a small roster guild of like 30 ppl that server firsted all of sunwell on area 52, and top 10d some fights in US. While working 60-80 hours a week. I'd stand zero chance of pulling that off in today's endless mythic + runs to be raid ready scenario.

Yeah, the out of raid effort is honestly insane this expac and I'm getting burnt out as fuck trying to keep up with it, especially when trying to keep a raid capable alt as well. Many guilds are getting so stratified now, not because of skill, but entirely on play time with the AP grind and the M+ grind. There's so much stuff I'd rather be doing outside of raids, like fooling around on classes I don't necessarily need to play seriously or hell just other games and I can't do that now without feeling horrible about getting behind on my raid main. It's felt fucking awful.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, the out of raid effort is honestly insane this expac and I'm getting burnt out as fuck trying to keep up with it, especially when trying to keep a raid capable alt as well. Many guilds are getting so stratified now, not because of skill, but entirely on play time with the AP grind and the M+ grind. There's so much stuff I'd rather be doing outside of raids, like fooling around on classes I don't necessarily need to play seriously or hell just other games and I can't do that now without feeling horrible about getting behind on my raid main. It's felt fucking awful.

Yeah, that kind of stuff is why I burned out multiple times on wow. Now I just play with the forum crew and have fun. I will not farm shit in wow ever again. Or any other game for that matter.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea we only got Elisande to the beginning of phase 3 (too many dead) getting nerds to dodge the rings is proving to be difficult. we also had to make several custom WAs for the fight since DBM is pretty useless. we're going to reset collect some more tier sets from normal/heroic and try again.

For the record i only have 3 legendaries and i play a shit ton (thx rng) i'm 300 points over where i should be for my 4th but that spreadsheet fluctuates about +/- 700ish points most times. i ran 6 +15's and 7+14's last week trying to get everybody their 900 ilevel gear today so maybe my shiny sephuz will be sitting in there.

Can someone link the new patch notes from the 23rd they should be up on WoWhead, i was on an ambien haze last night and missed them, and wowhead doesn't load at work.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can someone link the new patch notes from the 23rd they should be up on WoWhead, i was on an ambien haze last night and missed them, and wowhead doesn't load at work.

Spoiler for size:

January 23

Hotfixes

Classes

[All class changes below will take effect with weekly realm restarts in each region.]

• Druid
    • Feral
      • Increased the damage of most Feral spells and abilities by 8% (Ashamane's Frenzy, Brutal Slash, Ferocious Bite, Maim, Moonfire, Rake, Shred, Swipe, Thrash, Rip).
        • Developers’ Notes: Feral's playstyle feels good, but isn't putting up the numbers that it should be, so we're giving them an across-the-board damage buff.
  • Hunter
    • Combat Experience (Pet Passive) now increases the damage of primary pets by 60% (was 50%).
      • Developers’ Notes: This is primarily a damage buff to Beast Mastery, but will have a tiny benefit to Survival and occasionally Marksmanship as well.
    • Marksmanship
      • Arcane Shot now generates 8 Focus (was 5).
      • Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (was 2).
      • Sidewinders damage increased by 33%.
        • Developers’ Notes: Marksmanship has given a lot of feedback that the rotation often winds up casting too many consecutive Focus generators. We are making two changes: first, helping avoid that problem by increasing the Focus generation of Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot. Second, making it more attractive to use Sidewinders in more situations, for players who prefer the pacing of the rotation with that talent.
  • Mage
    • Arcane
      • Increased the damage of most Arcane spells and abilities by 8% (Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Nether Tempest, Supernova).
      • Overpowered now increases the damage and mana cost bonuses of Arcane Power to 60% (was 70%).
      • Amplification now increases Arcane Missiles damage by 12% (was 15%).
        • Developers’ Notes: Arcane has been doing well in Patch 7.1.5, but its numbers are lacking a bit. We're giving them an across-the-board damage buff, but tempering that with small reductions to a couple of new talents that are proving to be too strong.
    • Fire
      • Increased the damage of most Fire spells and abilities by 3% (Blast Wave, Cinderstorm, Dragon's Breath, Fire Blast, Fireball, Flame Patch, Flamestrike, Living Bomb, Meteor, Phoenix Flames, Pyroblast, Scorch).
      • Pyroblast mana cost reduced by 20%.
      • Flamestrike mana cost reduced by 17%.
        • Developers’ Notes: Under certain circumstances, it was possible for Fire to run out of mana. It's only intended that mana is a constraint on Fire's utility, not its damage.
    • Frost
      • Increased the damage of most Frost spells and abilities by 4% (Ebonbolt, Blizzard, Cone of Cold, Flurry, Frost Bomb, Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, Ice Lance, Ice Nova, Waterbolt, Ray of Frost, Water Jet).
      • Comet Storm damage increased by 30%.
      • Flurry now fires its missiles faster.
        • Developers’ Notes: Comet Storm is failing to live up to expectations, so we're buffing its damage. The Flurry change will help Flurry feel more responsive, while simultaneously solving a potential issue where Winter's Chill could apply to two Ice Lances (instead of just one, as intended) at extremely high Haste levels.
  • Monk
    • Brewmaster
      • Keg Smash damage increased by 10%, and it no longer deals reduced damage to 6+ targets.
      • Breath of Fire damage increased 11%.
        • Developers’ Notes: Brewmasters could use a bit of help on damage, especially in AoE.
  • Paladin
    • Retribution
      • Crusade now increases damage and Haste by 3% per stack (was 3.5%).
      • Blade of Justice damage increased by 20%, unchanged in PvP.
        • Developers’ Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more than Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.
        • As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations.
  • Warlock
    • Destruction
      • Chaos Bolt damage increased by 9%.
      • Rain of Fire damage increased by 30%.
      • Cataclysm damage increased by 29%.
        • Developers’ Notes: Destruction's damage isn't as high as it should be. In particular, some of its spells that should feel the most rewarding aren't hitting hard enough, especially in AoE situations. We're buffing the damage of those spells.
Dungeons and Raids

• Fixed a bug where some Warlords dungeon bosses were not always dropping loot.
  • The Windwalker Monk Vestments of Enveloped Dissonance 2-piece bonus and the Restoration Druid Garb of the Astral Warden 4-piece bonus should now scale down correctly in Timewalking dungeons.
  • Siege of Orgrimmar
    • Fixed a bug where Garrosh Hellscream would not drop loot on Raid Finder difficulty.
  • The Nighthold
    • High Botanist Tel’arn
      • High Botanist Tel’arn now takes more time between using abilities on Normal difficulty.
    • Gul’dan
      • Resolved an issue where Resonant Barrier would fail to apply its effects if the player was under the effects of immunities.
      • Resolved an issue where the Essence of Aman'thul abilities would disappear from players when using an immunity effect.
Items

• Windwalker Monks who unequip the Vestments of Enveloped Dissonance should no longer gain the 4-piece bonus.
  • Feretory of Souls should no longer be activated by a spell that did not complete casting.
Player versus Player

• [After realm maintenance in each region.] All Artifact Power rewards from Rated PvP have been substantially increased.
    • Note: The PvP UI will not properly reflect the amount of Artifact Power that will be rewarded until a future patch.
  • [After realm maintenance in each region.] Season 19 Achievements that should not have been granted have been correctly removed.
  • You can no longer target a flag carrier with Guardian of the Forgotten Queen.
  • Demon Hunter
    • Eye of Leotheras will no longer scale with increased damage, and instead will always deal a maximum of 6% of the target’s health in damage each time it activates.
  • Mage
    • Ray of Frost cannot be channeled if the Mage is interrupted and locked out of the Frost School, as intended.
  • Warlock
    • Cremation now correctly only applies the damage-over-time effect of Immolate. Cremation no longer allows Havoc to spread Immolate to a target who is out of line of sight of the Warlock when Incinerate or Immolate are cast.
Professions

• Archaeology
    • The Nor'danil Wellspring digsite is no longer displayed in the middle of the ocean.
Quests

• Players on the quest "Fate of the Nightborne" will no longer be sent into a separate phase of the Nighthold until they have spoken to Oculeth to begin the quest.
  • Felsworn Defilers now spawn in more locations during “The Felsworn Must Fall”.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
yea we only got Elisande to the beginning of phase 3 (too many dead) getting nerds to dodge the rings is proving to be difficult. we also had to make several custom WAs for the fight since DBM is pretty useless. we're going to reset collect some more tier sets from normal/heroic and try again.

I think our biggest problem was raid size. We had a 30 person raid in there and she's just one of those bosses that gets harder the more people you have because she drops more of those void zones. Our tanks were also moving her in fucked up ways during the rings from time to time making dodging impossible.

Once we dropped down to a 15 person raid (we went passed our normal raid time so people logged) we got her.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I think our biggest problem was raid size. We had a 30 person raid in there and she's just one of those bosses that gets harder the more people you have because she drops more of those void zones. Our tanks were also moving her in fucked up ways during the rings from time to time making dodging impossible.

Once we dropped down to a 15 person raid (we went passed our normal raid time so people logged) we got her.
We did the same thing. Dropped from 30-20 and killed easily