World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
our other warrior tank (from the PoV above) is swapping to mage so we are recruiting a tank atm...send us your BrM

xzi

Mouthbreather
We use a warrior tank and brew tank. The brew tank is an unkillable god. Even when wiping he stands there doing nothing for like 10 seconds after everyone else is dead before he dies

brew tank? what did I miss lmao

also now that holidays are over and life has settled the FUCK down might hop on soon, debating between this and black desert atm cause some friends are playing black desert but... pvp... eh

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Catch up mechanic? Was admit to ask as a returning player if i had any hope of catching up this expac.
There's a shitton of catch-up mechanics. You're not going to catch-up in 2-3 weeks, but you're not 6 months behind.
So confused what mythic is, mentions of +15 +17 etc.
Mythic is the new Challenge mode. Basically, you start at heroic-style difficulty (but without an automatic LFG matchup), finish the dungeon, get a Keystone for Mythic+2. It's for a specific dungeon, you can go there, insert your keystone and it boosts every mob & boss by a fixed %HP/dmg, plus some additional abilities. You can then run the dungeon, and there's one to three chests at the end that have loot based on the +N on the keystone. It's based on the timer: the fastest you run the dungeon, the more chests. If you beat the timer, you get a new keystone for a new dungeon at higher difficulty (again, fastest = more +harder). If you fail, you can run again the dungeon, but no loot that time.

(usually, no one wants to run a dungeon for a failed keystone)

Based on your highest Mythic+N, you get a weekly chest with bonus loot. If you defeat Mythic+15 (currently the "effective cap"), you get basically the same gear as heroic raids out of the dungeon, and as mythic raids out of the chest.
These quests to do before opening chests etc.
WQ are there to replace the dailies. Do all 4 of today's faction, get a chest with loot. Unless it's Kirin Tor, in which case you say "fuck it, I'm out" and wait the next day.
what you are supposed to be doing.
Same as every day! Take over the world!

No, same as every day. Do your dailies; do some dungeon runs, do some BG/outdoor PvP quests, wait for raid time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Fuck this shit, i killed Botanist/elisande/Gul'dan on normal and then killed skorp/CA/Triliax/spellblade on H and had 20 nightshards. i turn them in and get the quest to kill Gul'dan (which unlocks the balance of power appearance). i go back and kill Gul'dan on N and i cant loot the quest item since i already killed him once that week. Wtf is that, i didn't get a nightshard off him the first time, nor did i need to kill him to complete the quest and wouldn't have killed him had i known i couldn't kill him for the quest later. after spellblade we killed krosus/tich/augur/botanist (all one shot!) and started working on Elisande (got her to 40% phase3).

so long story short if you need the appearance kill every mob other than gul'dan to get your nightshards if you kill him your not allowed to finish the quest this week. - i opened a ticket but i doubt itll do anything.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Fuck this shit, i killed Botanist/elisande/Gul'dan on normal and then killed skorp/CA/Triliax/spellblade on H and had 20 nightshards. i turn them in and get the quest to kill Gul'dan (which unlocks the balance of power appearance). i go back and kill Gul'dan on N and i cant loot the quest item since i already killed him once that week. Wtf is that, i didn't get a nightshard off him the first time, nor did i need to kill him to complete the quest and wouldn't have killed him had i known i couldn't kill him for the quest later. after spellblade we killed krosus/tich/augur/botanist (all one shot!) and started working on Elisande (got her to 40% phase3).

so long story short if you need the appearance kill every mob other than gul'dan to get your nightshards if you kill him your not allowed to finish the quest this week. - i opened a ticket but i doubt itll do anything.

I'm in the same boat but how did you expect that not to happen?

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

That's how all the quests have worked. The other balance of power quests, the order hall quests all of them.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
None of the quests have worked like that at all, you are only allowed to loot nightshards off each boss once per week, no matter the difficulty so if i kill gul'dan on normal then i wont get a nightshard from him on heroic. this is a completely separate quest, i cant think of any quests that say "kill xxx" raid mob that you cant complete after receiving the quest (the heart quest in MoP maybe?) the point is if this was made clearer then i wouldn't have killed normal gul'dan because i definitely didn't need to kill him to attempt to get a nightshard prior to quest completion.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Karazhan most certainly does not work like that, i just completed the nightbane quest last week after killing him 2 days prior.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The quest to kill Cenarius 4x then turn it in worked like that, even if you went into a new raid and tried to talk to Cenarius

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
brew tank? what did I miss lmao

also now that holidays are over and life has settled the FUCK down might hop on soon, debating between this and black desert atm cause some friends are playing black desert but... pvp... eh
Ya...according to logs he's one of like 20 monks to clear heroic bosses lol...
He might literally be the best brewmaster tank in the game

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
still not the same, if you kill cenarius and then get the quest to get the orb off cenarius you can re enter the instance and get the orb. (i did it the first week since i joined a pug already at cenarius) you just cant do it 4x its 1 per week.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Karazhan most certainly does not work like that, i just completed the nightbane quest last week after killing him 2 days prior.

His point was he couldn't loot Gul'dan. The nightbane quest only requires you to kill him to my knowledge. But if the quest requires you to loot the boss, it wont work. Had this happen similarly on an alt with the CoS/Arcway quests. Did them already on a mythic 0 spree, then got the quest, went back, got the 1/1 for the "kill npc" portion, but looting the item off her was still 0/1 cause I couldn't loot her.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
still not the same, if you kill cenarius and then get the quest to get the orb off cenarius you can re enter the instance and get the orb. (i did it the first week since i joined a pug already at cenarius) you just cant do it 4x its 1 per week.
The balance of power quest where you have to kill mythic dht boss or whatever you could only get if not locked out.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
None of the quests have worked like that at all, you are only allowed to loot nightshards off each boss once per week, no matter the difficulty so if i kill gul'dan on normal then i wont get a nightshard from him on heroic. this is a completely separate quest, i cant think of any quests that say "kill xxx" raid mob that you cant complete after receiving the quest (the heart quest in MoP maybe?) the point is if this was made clearer then i wouldn't have killed normal gul'dan because i definitely didn't need to kill him to attempt to get a nightshard prior to quest completion.

All the quests have indeed worked that way. Once you kill a boss during its lockout you can no longer loot any items from them. Even quest items. This is the way the game has been for quite a while.

I'm not defending it, because it's really really idiotic. But I've burned myself once or twice the way you have so it's imprinted into my mind because of how annoyed I was.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you guys want me to complain about it?

I could say something like 'how casual of you to expect you could kill the boss again to loot a quest item after the fact'

Maybe I could sprinkle in something about how you don't deserve the items with your casualness and maybe WoW should bring back blues for everything and only purples from raiding or getting High Warlord.

• 1Salty

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Do you guys want me to complain about it?

I could say something like 'how casual of you to expect you could kill the boss again to loot a quest item after the fact'

Maybe I could sprinkle in something about how you don't deserve the items with your casualness and maybe WoW should bring back blues for everything and only purples from raiding or getting High Warlord.

That was the most passive aggressive post I've ever seen on this forums. And I stalk @Mist

• 1Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
He's just trying to fill his complaint quota. Give the man a break.

• 1Like