World of Warcraft: Current Year

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
maybe thats our issue every time we've done it was with 25ish, people are dying from soaking during P2 and rings mostly (usually a combination of the two). we are basically using heroic as a tryout for our core mythic group so we are a little overloaded on melee dps at the moment as well.

I am ~892 equipped ilevel and im starting to feel the burn from being a warrior and not taking magic damage very well, i dont know if getting my 2 piece will help or not but comparing my logs to other classes of tank there is quite a bit of difference in damage taken. I'm hoping "neltharion's thunder" when they finally add it in 7.2 will be something to protect against magic damage a little better. I'd also be okay if Ignore pain was a shield for 25/75 shield for magic/physical.or change spell reflect to cost rage, make it not reflect and just do a base 25-30% magic reduction so you can keep it up when you need it at the cost of ignore pain.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You don't really need to soak the pools unless you run out of space though, right? We killed it with 25. It just requires good tank and raid positioning.

Gul'dan was much harder for us than Elisande.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
maybe thats our issue every time we've done it was with 25ish, people are dying from soaking during P2 and rings mostly (usually a combination of the two). we are basically using heroic as a tryout for our core mythic group so we are a little overloaded on melee dps at the moment as well.

I am ~892 equipped ilevel and im starting to feel the burn from being a warrior and not taking magic damage very well, i dont know if getting my 2 piece will help or not but comparing my logs to other classes of tank there is quite a bit of difference in damage taken. I'm hoping "neltharion's thunder" when they finally add it in 7.2 will be something to protect against magic damage a little better. I'd also be okay if Ignore pain was a shield for 25/75 shield for magic/physical.or change spell reflect to cost rage, make it not reflect and just do a base 25-30% magic reduction so you can keep it up when you need it at the cost of ignore pain.
Doesn't ignore pain work 100% on magic damage currently?

Needless

Toe Sucker
what level does artifact knowledge go up to for the catch up mechanic now? my paladin is super close to 110 atm, is it 15?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You don't really need to soak the pools unless you run out of space though, right? We killed it with 25. It just requires good tank and raid positioning.

Gul'dan was much harder for us than Elisande.

Correct but when people are dropping them in bad spots that you have to run through to avoid the rings it becomes very problematic.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
yea the issue is that its 100% on all damage so it usually gets eaten by a melee swing before it actually absorbs any magic. elisande for example there are times im tanking the add + her while the other tank is off exploding somewhere and simultaneously taking magic damage. so i get my IP's eaten by the 2 mobs that are melee swinging fairly fast while the magic goes unmitigated (assuming it hits between SR's). i'm asking for there to be a portion of IP (25% or so) that is reserved for taking "magic damage".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Uh so I may be retarded but doesnt spell reflect reduce magical damage by 30% for 5s if it can't reflect a spell? That's how the tool tip reads

I was using it in NH last night thinking that's how it worked anyways

Reflective plating or some shit on our artifact

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
it does, the issue is some fights are just a constant barrage of magic damage. and 5 seconds out of 30 leaves a lot of unprotected time.

DK's have AMS (not sure what the uptime is because not many DK's tanks running around these days)
monks can stagger magic damage so its not a burst
paladins have blessing of spellwarding and several different immunities
druids can mark of ursol constantly and their mastery helps a ton with inc damage
warriors get spell reflect but i feel (probably biased) that it is less effective than the other forms of magic damage mitigation, all of my gear/stats etc go directly to giving me mastery which helps me block, which doesn't do anything to spell damage

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Druids are really the only class that has it better than Warriors. Paladins are good at magic damage tanking but lack in the physical department compared to warriors.

DKs just suck overall and BrMs need a cooldown for stagger to work on magic damage I think.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think spell reflect + ignore pain is fairly powerful for magic reduction. If you're tanking multiple mobs that's a separate problem

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
We use a Druid/Paladin for our tank set up and even between those two the druid just takes so much less damage.

Combined with them being good healers and servicable DPS makes them a very very strong overall class.

I actually can't remember if I've had a warrior tank a raid boss since I've come back. Lots of good DPS warriors though.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Keep going man. You're starting to look cool
We use a Druid/Paladin for our tank set up and even between those two the druid just takes so much less damage.

Combined with them being good healers and servicable DPS makes them a very very strong overall class.

I actually can't remember if I've had a warrior tank a raid boss since I've come back. Lots of good DPS warriors though.

Our current setup is Druid/warrior tanks and we had no problem clearing heroic this week. It is stupid how little help (I.e. None) druids need with mechanics like empowered fel bonds on Gul'Dan compared to warriors.

Brewmasters can apparently solo tank GulDan...so the each their own.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Our current setup is Druid/warrior tanks and we had no problem clearing heroic this week. It is stupid how little help (I.e. None) druids need with mechanics like empowered fel bonds on Gul'Dan compared to warriors.
Brewmasters can apparently solo tank GulDan...so the each their own.

Brewmasters can also trivialize Astromancer phase 3 as well with that idol thingie.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
what level does artifact knowledge go up to for the catch up mechanic now? my paladin is super close to 110 atm, is it 15?
Catch up mechanic? Was admit to ask as a returning player if i had any hope of catching up this expac.

So confused what mythic is, mentions of +15 +17 etc. These quests to do before opening chests etc. I know there's pages explaining raid bosses etc but anything providing a general name of the game for legion and what you are supposed to be doing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Catch up mechanic? Was admit to ask as a returning player if i had any hope of catching up this expac.

So confused what mythic is, mentions of +15 +17 etc. These quests to do before opening chests etc. I know there's pages explaining raid bosses etc but anything providing a general name of the game for legion and what you are supposed to be doing.
Mythic dungeons - you can get keystone that increase the level of them (hp, damage taken, affixes) - think of. Rifts in Diablo 3

Catchup. He's talking about artifact knowledge for your artifact weapon you get at 100. Every 1 level of knowledge took 4 days? Or something. Now you can buy up to level 20 for alts and stuff.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Looks Blizz undertuned mythic again first 3 bosses down in 1 shot kills....time for a mythic raid boys

Video of our Hbotanist kill, look at that hp spike weee (this is from the guilds other tank im the one with the moon on my head)

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
We use a warrior tank and brew tank. The brew tank is an unkillable god. Even when wiping he stands there doing nothing for like 10 seconds after everyone else is dead before he dies